X.0.9
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
Servers with this Plugin:
Plugin Description:
A take on Custom Weapons for modern-day TF2.
Old 03-13-2021 , 05:15   [TF2] Custom Weapons X
Reply With Quote #1

⚠️ This is currently a preview. While I consider the core of it usable, there's still some additional QoL things that need work. ⚠️

Description:
New weapons in TF2? Want to BYOHU (Bring Your Own Heavy Update)?

Introducing Custom Weapons X, because this plugin has ascended past the concept of numbers and 23 of the 26 letters in the English alphabet.

It's lightyears ahead to the point where it's not backwards compatible with just about anything from Custom Weapons 2 or Custom Weapons 3. I figured a total overhaul of the design was due, after gaining a ton of experience working with existing Custom Weapons iterations and with how the game itself operates.

In exchange for having to start over, it provides support for dropped weapons and not blowing up your buildings because the game wants you to have your own weapon and not the plugin's.

While yes, CW3 attributes aren't compatible with this plugin, it does support the Custom Attributes framework in addition to the game's native attributes, so there's a number of attributes available for item designers to play with, and developers can of course create new ones.

If you'd like things ported from one of the old CW* formats, I am also open for paid inquiries. Send me a forum PM if you're interested.

Usage:
For people that play the video games:
  • Saying /cwx brings up the menu, allowing you to pick a custom item for your current class.
  • /c, /cus, and /custom are also supported, but will only be processed by CWX if CW3 isn't running.
For the server operators:
  • You can run this alongside any of your existing Custom Weapons plugins. I wouldn't recommend doing this in production as they'll try to equip over each other, but otherwise they effectively exist separately.
  • sm_cwx_equip <uid> equips the specified custom item on yourself. This bypasses the equip menu, allowing you to apply custom items that aren't normally compatible for the class you're playing as.
  • sm_cwx_equip_target <target> <uid> equips the specified custom item on the player matching the given target string. Again, bypasses the menu.
  • sm_cwx_export exports your currently equipped item to a file, allowing for a WYSIWYG approach.
  • There's an example of a weapon config in the configs/ directory of the repository. There's also a slightly more thorough instructional guide on creating a weapon config here.
For developers:
  • Attributes can be implemented using either native attributes or the Custom Attribute Framework.
  • The plugin API for CWX is in the works. API design is hard
More information is provided in the project wiki.

Installation:
Installation instructions are provided in the project repository.
The plugin currently has no "stable" build, but rolling releases are available. While I do try and test to avoid builds that are completely unstable, some bugs may occasionally slip through the cracks; please report any you come across if they can be reproduced in the latest release.

Releases / Source

Last edited by nosoop; 07-27-2022 at 07:09.