Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.21) [11-Dec-2022]

Post New Thread Reply   

Sunyata
Old 07-19-2020 , 05:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.2) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #11

Hi Silvers, thanks for replying so quickly. If this is something you're not interested in doing, that's fine.

However, I think adding a timer option to any door when locked would be quite simple to implement methinks. And a good trade off after what I wrote in post 8. Perhaps some other kind coder here, may think my suggestion to have a timer-lock is worthy enough to implement into your code, if some other coder thinks it's easy enough to do of course

Again, thanks for your quick response.

Sunyata

Last edited by Sunyata; 07-19-2020 at 05:33.
Sunyata
Old 07-27-2020 , 05:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.2) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #12

Further to my posts 8, 9 & 11, I finally managed to code for myself a lock timer for (my rescue closet) doors. But my modded version of Silvers' plugin works to allow only members of my server to access the 'key' to LOCK or UNLOCK the timer-lock on the doors (the key is a special action ofc - by pressing the USE + CROUCH buttons). Doors can only be unlocked or locked again after each timer-lock has expired for each door. The default timer setting in the config file is set to 60 seconds - which is perfect for my needs.

Public players can only BREAK the lock on the door, but only after the lock's timer has expired. On my server, I won't allow the public to use the 'key'. Instead, public players have to first BREAK the door lock by aiming at the door (or its handle), while at the same time pressing the USE and FIRE buttons together, then the door can be opened. There are also in-game onscreen instructions for players explaining how to BREAK these door locks too.

My code may need some cleaning up - optimization perhaps - but if any other coder here wants to make any changes to it, be my guess to alter it.

EDIT: I've updated this script to also allow for dead players in spectate mode to unlock a door for themselves, instead of just relying on a public-player to just shoot the door lock off. Also updated the help text messages to be much clearer too.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_timer_locked_doors.sp - 206 views - 24.0 KB)

Last edited by Sunyata; 08-05-2020 at 05:47. Reason: script uploaded
Sunyata
Old 08-01-2020 , 12:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.2) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #13

I thought it best to report the following issues I've only recently found with the original OP plugin.

The Left 4 Dead DLC maps: 'The Sacrifice' and 'Crash Course' have issues where rescue closet doors won't lock from the outside. The odd thing is; with some of these closet doors, if I teleport myself into the closet, I can lock/unlock the door from inside of these rooms. But some of the non rescue closet doors will lock/unlock. How odd is that?!

I haven't had any such issues with the few addon campaigns I've tested. So I'm a bit stumped as to why the DLC maps are different to all the original official and addon maps that do work.

If anyone in the future wants to investigate this particular issue I've found, then my post here is purely a reminder of where to go look for these issues.

Last edited by Sunyata; 08-01-2020 at 12:27.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-03-2020 , 17:49   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.2) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
I thought it best to report the following issues I've only recently found with the original OP plugin.

The Left 4 Dead DLC maps: 'The Sacrifice' and 'Crash Course' have issues where rescue closet doors won't lock from the outside. The odd thing is; with some of these closet doors, if I teleport myself into the closet, I can lock/unlock the door from inside of these rooms. But some of the non rescue closet doors will lock/unlock. How odd is that?!

I haven't had any such issues with the few addon campaigns I've tested. So I'm a bit stumped as to why the DLC maps are different to all the original official and addon maps that do work.

If anyone in the future wants to investigate this particular issue I've found, then my post here is purely a reminder of where to go look for these issues.
Which doors in particular? Screenshot? If any doors are locked when they spawn the plugin will ignore them to prevent players unlocking stuff you shouldn't be unlocking (mostly to stop breaking certain 3rd party maps). You could probably use Stripper:Source to unlock anything the map has intentionally locked.
Old 08-04-2020 , 03:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.2) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #15

Hi Silvers,

I tested these maps alone, so no-one else could interfere with these doors. All rescue closet doors were shut by default, as to be expected by game mechanics. With Crash Course campaign, none of the rescue closets doors locked in maps 1 and 2. Here are the co-ordinate locations for just the rescue closet doors in map 1 only, should you want to check this out for yourself:

-7600.629883 -9812.380859 70.031250 (door can't be locked/unlocked)

-6121.121094 -10675.496094 126.031250 (this door can't be locked/unlocked, but it can be locked/unlock if done from inside the closet - I used no-clip to get inside each closet to test this)

-3998.624756 -9037.681641 62.031250 (door can't be locked/unlocked)

-3700.958008 -5940.647461 78.031250 (door can't be locked/unlocked)

970.077881 -6345.600586 -81.948067 (door can't be locked/unlocked)

All of the other (non rescue closet) doors in Crash Course maps 1 & 2 can lock/unlock without any issues whatsoever.

None of the rescue closets doors in 'The Sacrifice' maps 1 and 2 will lock, except in map 3, where there is one rescue closet door only, which does actually lock/unlock. If you want the co-ordinate locations for all of the Sacrifice doors as well, I can post those here later.

Last edited by Sunyata; 08-04-2020 at 04:21.
Silvers
Old 08-04-2020 , 12:53   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.2) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
Hi Silvers,

I tested these maps alone, so no-one else could interfere with these doors. All rescue closet doors were shut by default, as to be expected by game mechanics. With Crash Course campaign, none of the rescue closets doors locked in maps 1 and 2. Here are the co-ordinate locations for just the rescue closet doors in map 1 only, should you want to check this out for yourself:
They all work for me. Maybe you have a plugin conflict or something.
Old 08-05-2020 , 03:28   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.2) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #17

Okay, I'll check through all my plugins, to see if there's an issue with one of them. Nice to know your plugin is working as it should for you.

Just one other question: I'm using Sourcemod-1.8.0-git5595 and Metamod 1.9.3-hg824. Would these older versions perhaps be effecting your 2020 plugin from not working as it should for me?

Last edited by Sunyata; 08-05-2020 at 03:28.
Sunyata
Old 08-05-2020 , 09:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.2) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #18

I removed all of my plugins from my Windows servers, just to test your one plugin alone using my current build in post 17. I used your original compiled version in post 1, and I also recompiled your script with the l4d complier, to test out 2 different versions. Again the door locks listed in post 15 still won't work for me. Btw, your OP plugin has the same issues for me on my Linux server (same build version) too.

Next up: I've now done a completely fresh build of another Windows server with SM & MM latest versions 1.10.xxx - and again using your original plugin alone without any other plugins installed in my new build, and still those doors won't lock/unlock for me.

Now I'm completely stumped. This is a total mystery to me, and I don't know what else to do. /0\

I think I'm gonna give up now.
Silvers
Old 08-08-2020 , 10:04   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.2) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #19

I don't know why they worked for me but not for you. If anyone else can confirm these issues I'll look into it again.
Old 08-16-2020 , 21:57  
Reply With Quote #20

Hi Silvers, there is a bug I discovered in which after you lock/unlock a door, you can lock/unlock that door from any distance as long as you are looking at it. Also I notice on occasion Witches (especially burning ones) and Tanks seem to have trouble breaking through locked doors and will sometimes just run into them until they burn up.