Post New Thread Reply   

allienaded
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-31-2015 , 17:00   Re: Autoban on SpinHack detections
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by scso1502 View Post
Hello,

I'm seeing a increased number of cheaters on our TF2 servers. Some of the cheats go undetected by SMAC in their true form but some of these aimbots are caught by the SMAC spinhack detector. I would like to add this plugin to my server but it appears outdated. Can someone bring it current?

I also don't know how many detections it requires before it bans a player. I'd like to see it ban with a configurable number of detections by SMAC (perhaps 4 like the aimbot detector). Can someone update this thread with current info and answer the above questions?

Thanks in advance!
This will ban on first detection and also ignores mouse sensitivity (since the original spinhack detector can be bypassed by simply using an ingame mouse sensitivity of 6 or higher). Even with the sensitivity check removed and banning on first detection a false positive detection is extremely unlikely because it would require the player to spin 1440 degrees (4 whole turns) or more per second for 15 seconds straight.

The .smx has been compiled with Sourcemod 1.7 and the latest SMAC development version (0.8.6.0 6aeed8a87fc0)

Updated version with ability to ban after X amount of detections can be found here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...7&postcount=18
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (smac_spinhack.sp - 202 views - 2.8 KB)
File Type: smx smac_spinhack.smx (4.9 KB, 147 views)

Last edited by allienaded; 10-05-2016 at 10:25. Reason: Added link to updated version
scso1502
Old 03-31-2015 , 21:40   Re: Autoban on SpinHack detections
Reply With Quote #12

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! Thanks so much for the info and the work recompiling this. I sincerely feel this will solve a great deal of problems for me.

Have a good one and thanks again!

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 04-03-2015 at 08:53.
scso1502
Old 04-08-2015 , 22:24   Re: Autoban on SpinHack detections
Reply With Quote #13

Well, after placing this on my 25 servers a week ago, I have had the following results:

- 29 total players were banned for a SMAC Spinhack detection.
- 5 of those detected players were VAC banned within 24 hours of their SMAC Spinhack detection
- 10 players were confirmed as spinning around or otherwise goofing-off so their bans were lifted
- 14 bans were upheld without being VAC Banned

With nearly a 1/3 of the players being banned for behavior that was not actually cheating, it was definitely a good choice for the SMAC team to be cautious about the SMAC Spinhack detector and only giving warnings. The detector is doing its job, it just needs a little help to discern which players are actually cheating and which ones are screwing around and just having fun.

While reviewing past SMAC Spinhack detections through the hundreds of logs for our servers, I notice virtually every player who was later VAC Banned and had a Spinhack detection had 5 or more consecutive Spinhack detections in a short period of time. I honestly believe if this plugin had a configurable setting to ban after a certain number of Spinhack detections over a certain time period and that setting was set at 5 Spinhack detections in 1 minute, the vast majority of players caught accidentally would be virtually eliminated and the cheaters would still be caught with almost certain guaranteed results.

If at all possible, could the above be added to this plug-in? Unfortunately I will be forced to remove it if it can't The number of accidental bans and the workload of protests it's generating are too much to deal with right now. I sure love the plugin so I hope it can.

Thank you for the consideration and the great job on the plugin!

Lt. Maverick
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 07-23-2015 at 01:18.
allienaded
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-09-2015 , 12:12   Re: Autoban on SpinHack detections
Reply With Quote #14

I would have added something like that bad sadly I'm not good enough in making sourcemod plugins to be able to add a whole new feature, my skills are more limited to fixing small things and removing old code.
scso1502
Old 10-07-2015 , 11:28   Re: Autoban on SpinHack detections
Reply With Quote #15

It's been a while since I've posted here and was hoping someone knowledgeable with coding could provide me the answer the my next questions.

This plugin catches LMAOBox hacks so I really want to continue using it on my servers. I'm still looking for someone who can edit the code for this plugin and do some or all of the following:

1. Add a cvar to set the number of detections before banning rather than hard-coding it at 15 seconds in the plugin itself
2. Add a cvar to set the ban length if a detection is made. I believe all SMAC Bans (smac_ban) are currently permabans using the smac_ban_duration "0" cvar in SMAC.cfg . Is it possible to use sm_ban with a duration rather than smac_ban to do the ban if a cvar can't be added?
3. Add a warning message to alert a player screwing around that they will be banned unless they stop

Any of these would be very helpful. I average about 5-10 false positives each week because of players spraying their guns all over and screwing around. If I could set the number of detections to say 5, that would eliminate like 95+% of the false positives. If that can't be done, then adding a cvar to set the ban time to say 1 hour would allow the plugin to kick the player but let them return after a wake-up call when they screw around and ignore the warning message. VAC has been doing a good job taking care of the real cheaters after SMAC catches them, so I'm not worried about the permanent status.

Take care and thanks in advance to anyone willing to take part or all of this on.

Lt. Maverick
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 10-07-2015 at 12:13.
scso1502
Old 11-29-2015 , 17:49   Re: Autoban on SpinHack detections
Reply With Quote #16

@ El Diablo

I'm not sure if you're still monitoring this thread, but I'm trying out your plugin because I want to be able to configure the number of detections. Sadly, the cvar settings appear to be incorrect in the code. Here's what I get when I check the cvar in console:

Quote:
"smac_spinhack_ban" = "1.000000" ( def. "6" ) min. 0.000000 max. 1.000000
- 0 - Disabled.
Bans a player if detects spinhack this number of times.
It's still set to 1 by default and only allows 0 or 1 regardless of what I set it to in console.

Also, just as a test, I joined as a heavy with your plugin and spun around like crazy spraying my weapon everywhere for nearly 30 seconds. I expected to be banned like I am when I use Allenaded's version later in this thread but I was never banned. This leads me to believe the the detection isn't happening.

Any suggestions?

I'd love to modify Allenaded's version so a selectable number of detections, so if anyone can do this, or just a way to make the ban length selectable, I'd love you forever!

Lt. Maverick
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 11-29-2015 at 17:58.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 10-03-2016 , 13:22   Re: Autoban on SpinHack detections
Reply With Quote #17

Hate to bring up a thread from the dead, but I find myself in a similar position as scso1502. I wish to autoban players after X detections in X minutes/seconds. The solution above by allienaded is good, but too aggressive and can cause many false positive bans, hence the need for a customizable number of detections in a certain time period. Is anyone able to do this?

Edit: I've "fixed" El Diablo War3Evo's plugin on page 1 to allow a value more than 1, haven't tested it however. Change line 23 to:

PHP Code:
    g_hAutoBanSpinHack CreateConVar("smac_spinhack_ban""6""0 - Disabled.\nBans a player if detects spinhack this number of times."FCVAR_PLUGINtrue0.0true10.0); 
Note the change of the last number from 1 to 10, makes the maximum detections 10. Change it to something higher if you prefer.

Edit 2: Works well! Triggers bans after X amount of detections.

Last edited by sneaK; 10-03-2016 at 19:53.
allienaded
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-05-2016 , 10:21   Re: Autoban on SpinHack detections
Reply With Quote #18

So since this thread got bumped and I'm a little more experienced now I decided to give this a second shot. I haven't extensively tested this but I did carefully analyze all the code and it should work as expected. I took my old modified code and with a little help from smac_aimbot.sp added the ability to ban after X amount of detections (default being 4, configurable with the cvar smac_spinhack_ban). Also the detections expire (one by one) after 2.5 minutes meaning you'd have to get 5 detections in total after 2.5 minutes from the first detection has passed, 6 detections in total after 5 minutes etc. Disconnecting from the server resets the detection count back to zero. This modified smac_spinhack.sp also is not compatible and should not be ran together with War3Evo's plugin since they both use the same cvar to configure the amount of bans.

The .smx has been compiled with a clean install of Sourcemod 1.8 build 5933 and the latest SMAC development version (0.8.6.0 b244c49794c6)
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (smac_spinhack.sp - 151 views - 4.0 KB)
File Type: smx smac_spinhack.smx (5.7 KB, 226 views)

Last edited by allienaded; 10-05-2016 at 10:29. Reason: typo
pubhero
Veteran Member
Old 11-06-2016 , 02:25   Re: Autoban on SpinHack detections
Reply With Quote #19

Hi.
Thank you for your work. I will testing this plugin today.
A question:

- how long the player must be spining when he get ban? If i using the base 4 detections convar?
I think, maximum 30 seconds of the spining are enough.

Last edited by pubhero; 11-06-2016 at 02:27.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 11-07-2016 , 02:21   Re: Autoban on SpinHack detections
Reply With Quote #20

The SMAC spinhack module triggers a detection when a player spins more than 1440 degrees per second, for more than 15 seconds.