Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Stripper:Source (Updated 2011-04-15)

Post New Thread Reply   

Eraa
Old 05-03-2010 , 00:23   Re: Stripper:Source (Works on L4D2, TF, DoD:S again)
Reply With Quote #651

Thanks
SkaP
Old 05-03-2010 , 01:50   Re: Stripper:Source (Works on L4D2, TF, DoD:S again)
Reply With Quote #652

I know some of you don't play l4d1 anymore but I still do. I never got around to post these but here is some simple stripper cfgs to stop the untouchable camp spots. These aren't meant to stop camping but the spots in game where its just impossible to touch the survivors.

-airport03_garage filters that molly right outside the safe room to stop activating the event via hail-mary molotov. It also sets up props to stop the lower level water tank spot, underneath the pipe spot next to the water tank, and inside the building. It also stops the survivors ability to make a quick escape back to the saferoom via the top of the construction building.

-airpost05_runway creates two big fences across the the airport that cut off the planes runway camp spot and the back of the airports camp spot. Now hunters can damage pounce well and boomers aren't worthless.

-smalltown04_mainstreet is a fence block at the crescendo to stop survivors from walking all the way in the back of the street and camping there making it impossible to attack. Not even the common can hit the survivors at this spot.

If anyone can think of any other spots let me know, I personally hate these spots so much.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg l4d_vs_airport03_garage.cfg (3.9 KB, 183 views)
File Type: cfg l4d_vs_airport05_runway.cfg (2.3 KB, 164 views)
File Type: cfg l4d_vs_smalltown04_mainstreet.cfg (1.1 KB, 156 views)

Last edited by SkaP; 05-03-2010 at 04:46.
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2010 , 04:01   Re: Stripper:Source (Works on L4D2, TF, DoD:S again)
Reply With Quote #653

The attached file is the one I use for modding airport finale. Itīs really crazy :) To make it work you need to put the file into sm...\data\maps\ and install the plugin. For l4d1 I never used stripper due to the crashes and performance issues it had before version 1.2.1. So I modded a plugin from KRIM and included the ability to read different mapname-based config files to load stuff on map start. Itīs plain and simple and does not have the ability stripper has, but for just putting fences and trees into the map itīs more than enough :)

You can also copy/paste all the stuff from the txt file into a stripper config map file but you need to format it :)
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (Mapchanges.sp - 467 views - 4.5 KB)
File Type: txt l4d_vs_airport05_runway.txt (5.0 KB, 258 views)
untalented893
Old 05-03-2010 , 15:26   Re: Stripper:Source (Works on L4D2, TF, DoD:S again)
Reply With Quote #654

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaP View Post
If anyone can think of any other spots let me know, I personally hate these spots so much.
No Mercy 4. Right before the elevator. I always hated that spot by the ammo pile where all 4 of you could fit in that tiny camping spot. If you need anymore suggestions, there was a mod that used stripper back in l4d1 that was called "promap mod" or something. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/l4dpromapmod

Had a cfg for every l4d1 map (excluding CC). Take a look through the cfgs and see if you want to use those or can use anything from them if they're too much for you.
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2010 , 18:25   Re: Stripper:Source (Works on L4D2, TF, DoD:S again)
Reply With Quote #655

my server ran something similar to the promod. most of the placements in it were rather basic however.
SkaP
Old 05-03-2010 , 20:16   Re: Stripper:Source (Works on L4D2, TF, DoD:S again)
Reply With Quote #656

I like a lot of those configs but I think they don't really solve some of the problems with some spots. If there something I have learned from playing this game is if you can still do something, then you'll still do it. Like those buses on Deathtoll mainstreet I would still go back there and camp because the common aren't going to reach you there, SI are easy to deal with without common. You really need to stop people form any access in spots like this. I'll try some of them but speaking of No Mercy 4 I think the spot that really needs to be closed off is that room by the cross intersection. Thats one of those rooms that the infected can not attack at all in.

Last edited by SkaP; 05-03-2010 at 20:21.
SkaP
Old 05-04-2010 , 04:40   Re: Stripper:Source (Works on L4D2, TF, DoD:S again)
Reply With Quote #657

Ok I did some editing to those L4D1 pro maps.

Combined mine and their configs for some maps. Edited out his weapon removal/moving as that is better done by Frus's plugin. Also edited No Mercy 4 to get rid of all the camp rooms where the common can't drop down or attack from two directions during the elevator. I'll put them all here for people to grab. Any problems let me know. I think the new Dead Air Finale in this is absolutly perfect. Now if only there was a auto-spawn removal for L4D1 in finales.

Original Pro map credits to Ydiss and the the Pro Mappers.
Attached Files
File Type: zip L4D1 Pro Maps Edited.zip (8.5 KB, 206 views)

Last edited by SkaP; 05-04-2010 at 04:55.
marvel
BANNED
Old 05-04-2010 , 13:11   Re: Stripper:Source (Works on L4D2, TF, DoD:S again)
Reply With Quote #658

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaP View Post
Ok I did some editing to those L4D1 pro maps.

Combined mine and their configs for some maps. Edited out his weapon removal/moving as that is better done by Frus's plugin. Also edited No Mercy 4 to get rid of all the camp rooms where the common can't drop down or attack from two directions during the elevator. I'll put them all here for people to grab. Any problems let me know. I think the new Dead Air Finale in this is absolutly perfect. Now if only there was a auto-spawn removal for L4D1 in finales.

Original Pro map credits to Ydiss and the the Pro Mappers.
Thanks SkaP, nice job. You saved me a lot of work And I hate those elevator blocks as well.

Do you know if there's a way to remove the top elevator, or at least the metal bar on top of the elevator? So that infected can jump right in, that would be so much fun
triggerman
Old 05-04-2010 , 15:23   Re: Stripper:Source (Works on L4D2, TF, DoD:S again)
Reply With Quote #659

Code:
{
"origin" "12205.788086 12771.835938 20.031250"
"targetname" "spawn_witch"
"population" "witch"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"classname" "info_zombie_spawn"
"hammerid" "38804"
}
I tried using this in Left 4 Dead 1, but it does not work. Does anyone know what is needed to spawn a witch in L4D1 with stripper?
Old 05-04-2010 , 15:53   Re: Stripper:Source (Works on L4D2, TF, DoD:S again)
Reply With Quote #660

what needs scp that would remove the barrels, garbage, guns? in cs:s