After a short hiatus to do some maintenance/bug fix updates for Battlefield 2: Rank Mod
, I have begun working on the next release for SuperHero Mod.
In the mean time I have repackaged a release, SuperHero Mod 1.2.0 build 14, to feature some recent updates. The main reason for the repackaging was to add in a change to damage reduction done by armor in the extra damage calculation to better represent how armor functions in CS (and because I'm sick of people asking for forced save by name or IP options).
You can check the svn
to see what files have changed and redownload the main package here
18.104.22.168 changes added to current changelog:
- Updated/Optimized a few heroes
- Changed SH_ARMOR_RATIO to 0.5 since in cs armor seems to reduce damage by 50% not 80%
- Added native sh_set_hero_dmgmult for weapon multipliers to directly hook damage instead of faking damage with sh_extra_damage
- Added removal of all Monster Mod monsters on new round, stops monster freezetime attacks
- Added option to force save by IP or save by name with cvar sh_saveby
- Added option for Free For All servers to gain money/frags/xp on tk instead of losing money/frags/xp on tk with cvar sh_ffa
- Fixed shield restrict forcing drop of shield to actually drop shield not just active weapon
Note: Any heroes making use of the new native "sh_set_hero_dmgmult" will not be able to compile with the webcompiler (GetPlugin link) until it can be updated to use 22.214.171.124 includes as it currently has includes from 126.96.36.199. So far these are only default heroes in the 188.8.131.52 zip, so it should not really matter at this point.
A couple of things I'm working on and hoping to get done for a 1.2.1 release (from the current todo list):
- Add chosen hero child page to menu to verify hero choice, but mainly to add hero info there instead of using hud messages for powerHelp info.
- Make sh more csdm/respawn friendly, remove reliance on round ending
- Improve sh_minplayersxp to count only players that are on a team
- Remove all use of set_user_info, find a better method to tell when a power is in use (possibly native so hero can say it's in use).
And I'm most likely going to dissolve the idea of "- Add gravity settings based on current weapon (incomplete currently)" and set it back to the way it is normally because I don't see it being beneficial but rather would cause more conflict.