[L4D] Loading Bug Removal/ Door Lock

Post New Thread Reply   

Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 06-08-2009 , 20:02   Re: [L4D] Loading Bug Removal/ Door Lock
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by drow View Post
Will release the new version tomorrow, didn't manage to get it done today. The spawning is disabled for infected as long not all players are connected (there might be a bug on this older version according the reset of player states). When all players have joined, the countdown is started and spawning is enabled. On the first map of a campaign it is doing nothing at all. The new version should fix these issues, at least we didn't get any issues like that on our server. Sorry if you got trouble - get the new version tomorrow!
If you stop/start the director I believe it requires a round restart before it will work again
drow
Old 06-08-2009 , 22:01   Re: [L4D] Loading Bug Removal/ Door Lock
Reply With Quote #22

Nope. The director issue is fixed on the new version (2.0.1) and it adds the feature to enable protection on the first map (three options, see description). Anyways it was not an issue of a missing round restart.

Last edited by drow; 06-11-2009 at 05:40.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-18-2009 , 20:56   Re: [L4D] Loading Bug Removal/ Door Lock
Reply With Quote #23

I'm having an issue with this. At first, I thought that it was the team manager plugin, but that is running fine. This issue disappeared after I moved this plugin to the disabled folder and restarted the server.

No hordes were being spawned at all except by boomer bile. Crecendo's and the finale both had 0 horde spawns. Normal in-the-map zombies were there walking around. But game events (like elevator call on no mercy) would not bring any hordes.

I restarted server multiple times, changed maps etc. it wouldn't fix itself.

One thing I also noticed, was that when the map voting went to another level, if I quit the game, reloaded and went to join the server via my friends list from the l4d main menu, it would still say the game was in finale.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 06-19-2009 , 02:49   Re: [L4D] Loading Bug Removal/ Door Lock
Reply With Quote #24

On first map, the first Survivor Team gets stuck in place until round start. The second team can move about freely (Countdown is there and all).
drow
Old 06-23-2009 , 11:04   Re: [L4D] Loading Bug Removal/ Door Lock
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
No hordes were being spawned at all except by boomer bile. Crecendo's and the finale both had 0 horde spawns. Normal in-the-map zombies were there walking around. But game events (like elevator call on no mercy) would not bring any hordes.
That shouldn't happen at all. If you can repeat that error, please tell me:
  1. How you made it act that way.
  2. What your ConVar director_no_mobs is set to.
  3. What your ConVar z_mega_mob_size is set to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
One thing I also noticed, was that when the map voting went to another level, if I quit the game, reloaded and went to join the server via my friends list from the l4d main menu, it would still say the game was in finale.
Well this is the good old game bug according the finale state, but as valve fixed impossibility to join games on finale with last patch, you can at least join the game. Though it appears that the heartbeat is not sent properly after switching to a new campaign. Had a dive into it but couldnt find a way to get rid of that bug yet. Expect it as one of the most wanted features. Until then you might want to modify l4d_autoCycleCampaigns to fit your needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
On first map, the first Survivor Team gets stuck in place until round start. The second team can move about freely (Countdown is there and all).
As soon one of the infected spawns while the countdown is stopped or running, he will get frozen too. You can change the protection of the first chapter, have a look at ConVar l4d_freezeOn1st: Freeze survivors on first chapter (0 = off, 1 = freeze survivors until all players have loaded; 2 = freeze survivors and use countdown like on the other chapters).

Last edited by drow; 06-23-2009 at 11:09.
OtterNas3
Old 06-30-2009 , 11:56   Re: [L4D] Loading Bug Removal/ Door Lock
Reply With Quote #26

Works like a Charm, AWESOME plugin!

Thanks alot!

Moo,
OtterNas3
p4tch3r
Old 07-02-2009 , 10:52   Re: [L4D] Loading Bug Removal/ Door Lock
Reply With Quote #27

Great plugin, i like it and thx for sharing.

Maybe a good idea to include a back to the lobby option in the vote menu. (besides the option of the next campaign's)

Only problem i have, is that it doesnt display the total end score after completing the campaign.

Thx
Old 07-04-2009 , 13:46   Re: how to add new maps which are not from valve ?
Reply With Quote #28

Hi !

I made some copy/replace in the code in order to have the "death aboard" vs map appear on the voting menu on my server. Is there a GENERIC way to add a VS map to the vote menu ? i.e. you look for the existing _vs_ maps and add them all to a browsable menu ? Currently itīs completely hardcoded and based upon the 4 existing valve maps.

cheers
Christoph.
XBlade_RunnerX
Old 07-06-2009 , 22:11   Re: [L4D] Loading Bug Removal/ Door Lock
Reply With Quote #29

I would REALLY like a plugin that uses this l4d_autoCycleCampaigns 1. But that is the only feature I wish to use. Wouldn't that be a super easy plugin for the "Experienced"? If anyone can hook me up with that, I would be so very much appreciative. I simply want to enforce a map change instead of kick back to lobby option that works for all modes and maps (including custom). Sorry if this a lot to ask... I know nothing about plug-in development, but it sounds simple enough. I realize this should be in Requests Forum probably, but I see that this plugin already has the functionality, and that is why I posted it here. Thanks in advance :-)

Last edited by XBlade_RunnerX; 07-06-2009 at 22:15.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 07-17-2009 , 02:44   Re: [L4D] Loading Bug Removal/ Door Lock
Reply With Quote #30

As far i know you cannot swap to .VPK maps directly. Lobby is your only option