Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost

Post New Thread Reply   

Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 01-08-2015 , 13:08   Re: Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost
Reply With Quote #21

i have nothing against you, nor orpheu. I used orpheu everytime i needed it. But what i mean is that some users just complain to people use orpheu. And since many people dont know/like orpheu, then it should be made by an alternative to the main plugin or only if main plugin cant be done without it. that's all i said. Efficience is important, but if biggest part of users wont use it, then why to make it? to show that know how to make effient stuff? And yes, this argue must end since it's useless.
Old 01-08-2015 , 20:55   Re: Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost
Reply With Quote #22

I would appreciate to not be quoted out of the original context, this is not necessarily the universal truth for all situations.

Jhob94, with all due respect, what you said is quite the bullshit. You're bashing for the sake of bashing. Really.
Quote:
Orpheu only should be used when default amxx modules can't do it or if amxx modules requires much more cpu than orpheu
No. Just because it can be done without doesn't mean you must not use Orpheu/Okapi/Rage modules. Depending of the context, what plugin does, how it interacts with game, or with others plugins, it could be a smart move to use such modules. That's it, you need to figure out the flow of your plugin, that's not just saying for the sake of saying "this should not be used.."

Quote:
This is a public plugin
Completely irrelevant.

Quote:
it doesn't matters if orpheu is better
That's not about Orpheu, but what things such modules allow you to do. If we're talking about altering some functions inside some library (game, engine, etc.), yes, Orpheu/whatever will be always "better". And "better" alone means nothing. Doing stuff directly inside library is generally a good way to have an appropriate compatibility with others plugins (the game too), reliability as the approach is direct and efficiency because it's a straight way. This has the advantages to make code easier, cleaner and more readable. In a context of game, you should always try to work with it (game).

Quote:
The objective of this forum is to user be satisfied
Seriously? I thought this forum was a community to share knowledge, experience and help, around open-source projects.

Quote:
90% of users doesnt knows how to install orpheu
I did not know that reading the installation instruction which says only: "Just unzip the content of orpheu-files-xx.zip in your /amxmodx directory. That's all." was out of reach for 90% of people. I'm wondering how they can even install a plugin since it's about downloading a file and copying in some directory, the same as Orpheu where you don't even need to modify some config file. It's actually easier than most of well-known plugins installation instructions...
Also, that's something you need to do one time. I can't believe to read such affirmations.

Quote:
99% doesn't knows how to make plugins using orpheu
Irrelevant. But this is a good thing, you're using Orpheu only when you know what you're doing and you know how works the game.

Quote:
With all respect to arkshine, this seems a bit because he is one of the developers of orpheu
Really?

Quote:
If allied modders [...]
Nice random answer. You have actually no idea what you're saying there, isn't it?
What we should care in this section is having quality plugins. People want working plugins, without errors, without issues when others plugins are installed, without eating their CPU. And to do that, you have to use the appropriate tools, depending your needs, plugin context, extensibility, compatibility, etc. It should not matter you use module X and Y. What it matters is to provide plugin which gives the best result in game in all situations. This what you should aim by posting in this section.

The only thing where I agree is current method is fine. Considering what does the plugins, hooking some game functions doesn't seem worth apart being more efficient, but current way is ok.
That's said I just took my time to answer as you were very wrong. And it was not necessary to react like that, it was just a suggestion.

Last edited by Arkshine; 01-08-2015 at 21:00.
Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 01-09-2015 , 04:43   Re: Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
The only thing where I agree is current method is fine. Considering what does the plugins, hooking some game functions doesn't seem worth apart being more efficient, but current way is ok.
That's said I just took my time to answer as you were very wrong. And it was not necessary to react like that, it was just a suggestion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
If it can be done without it, then it's completly fine. Orpheu only should be used when default amxx modules can't do it or if amxx modules requires much more cpu than orpheu.
Arkshine read everything with calm, i didnt meant to be agressive/rude. I was just pointing that in some cases amxx modules are fine enough. I also said that in this cases an orpheu version is also welcomed as an alternative to the original one. Ofc that if default modules requires many usage, orpheu is better. I never said the opposite.
Old 01-09-2015 , 07:10   Re: Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost
Reply With Quote #24

I did not answer because you were aggressive/rude, but because you suddenly decide to go wild by ranting random affirmations, misunderstanding, and misplaced personal biases. The use of using a more direct way for grenade explosion was just suggested, nothing more. This is not by any means a requirement.
What you are saying in bold is still wrong, you are way too focused on "orpheu" word instead of thinking what you can do with it. "much more cpu" is unlikely to happen for one plugin (or very specific context when you deal code per frame but again unlikely and at this point all your code should be done in a module), you use such modules firstly for reliability/compatibility/easiness because using a straight way will be anyway faster.

Last edited by Arkshine; 01-09-2015 at 07:13.
SkumTomteN
Veteran Member
Old 01-11-2015 , 16:08   Re: Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost <- stolen names!
Reply With Quote #25

People are way too serious in this forum.

use orpheu, dont use orpheu. all i know, is that i got a bad experience with orpheu, as others too.
people that are very good in coding, can use it with no problem, but people who lack in experience with modules, etc, have a very high risk of crashing their server.
My opinion, not an argument. dont answer this with a novel. thanks.
hornet
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 03-03-2015 , 03:07   Re: Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost <- stolen names!
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkumTomteN View Post
People are way too serious in this forum.
Not really ... it's just frustrating when people with limited knowledge try to make claims that they don't understand.

Also unapproved as this is clearly not written by the thread author nor can he support the changes that will be required.
luciaus18
Old 09-14-2017 , 07:33   Re: Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost
Reply With Quote #27

There is a bug.. If i have one grenade and I use it after that when automatically i get another one I use this and the explosion is normal. The first hegrenade works fine but after that the explosion is normal. It works just like this: if i have 2 grenades, I use one of them and after I have the other one. In that case i have to switch to weapon/knife and then to switch again to grenade. In that case it works good. Only in that case. I hope someone can understand what I said here. I can come with a video. I tryed to find out how it works this bug and i found it.
Can someone tell me how to delete this glow when i throw a hegrenade? I saw too many colors in this sma and i don't wanna do something wrong. Thanks

Last edited by luciaus18; 09-17-2017 at 07:18.