Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

Problem with hooked fuction

Post New Thread Reply   

Misterrr
Old 06-29-2017 , 08:19   Problem with hooked fuction
Reply With Quote #1

Hello! I'm studying the possibilities of Metamod, and I was wondering if it was possible to intercept the call of the function IBaseFileSystem::Open and call it with another parameter? I was trying to do this:
PHP Code:
SH_DECL_HOOK3(IBaseFileSystemOpenSH_NOATTRIB0FileHandle_t,  const char *, const char *, const char *); 
I announced this
PHP Code:
IBaseFileSystem *basefilesystem NULL;
GET_V_IFACE_CURRENT(GetFileSystemFactorybasefilesystemIBaseFileSystemBASEFILESYSTEM_INTERFACE_VERSION); 
and add hook
PHP Code:
OpenHook SH_ADD_VPHOOK(IBaseFileSystemOpenbasefilesystemSH_MEMBER(this, &SamplePlugin::Hook_Open), false); 
I tried to do so
PHP Code:
FileHandle_t SamplePlugin::Hook_Open(const char *pFileName, const char *pOptions, const char *pathID) {
   if(
strncmp(pFileName"materials/headshot1.vtf"strlen("materials/headshot1.vtf")) == 0) {

META_LOG(g_PLAPI"yeaaa opening headshot file \"%s\",pOptions \"%s\",pathID \"%s\"."pFileNamepOptionspathID);

RETURN_META_VALUE_NEWPARAMS(MRES_OVERRIDENULL, &IBaseFileSystem::Open, ("materials/headshot2.vtf"pOptionspathID));
   }
RETURN_META_VALUE(MRES_IGNOREDfalse);

but not working((
If you do like this, the server is crashing
PHP Code:
FileHandle_t SamplePlugin::Hook_Open(const char *pFileName, const char *pOptions, const char *pathID) {
   if(
strncmp(pFileName"materials/headshot1.vtf"strlen("materials/headshot1.vtf")) == 0) {

META_LOG(g_PLAPI"yeaaa opening headshot file \"%s\",pOptions \"%s\",pathID \"%s\"."pFileNamepOptionspathID);

FileHandle_t myhndl basefilesystem->Open(pFileNamepOptionspathID);
RETURN_META_VALUE(MRES_SUPERCEDEmyhndl);
   }

What did I do wrong? I tried using MRES_OVERRIDE, but it did not help...
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-29-2017 , 09:22   Re: Problem with hooked fuction
Reply With Quote #2

You should be using MRES_IGNORED in both cases.

See https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=297857.
Old 07-03-2017 , 23:50   Re: Problem with hooked fuction
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
You should be using MRES_IGNORED in both cases.

See https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=297857.
I did as you advised, but the server still crashes, the hook works, but the original function with the new parameter is not called. what should I do? I just need to replace the file name with another file name and call the open function so that it continues working

PHP Code:
   if(

RETURN_META_VALUE_NEWPARAMS(MRES_IGNOREDNULL, &IBaseFileSystem::Open, ("materials/headshot2.vtf"pOptionspathID));
   }