Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Weapon Spawning Overloading Server

Post New Thread Reply   

Roach
Writes love letters to sawce Daily
Old 11-09-2006 , 19:57   Weapon Spawning Overloading Server
Reply With Quote #1

Has anyone had someone come into their server and attempt to crash it by buying multiple guns and tossing them to the ground in the span of, like, 10 seconds? I just had two guys do it on my server and I'm wondering if it is an AMXX or a plugin I have on the server that might have caused them to be able to do this. It was like a river of M4's and AWP's. They at least tossed out 50-70 each in an incredibly short span of time. Money wasnt an object either, which makes me think there may be a hole in security somewhere. Anyone else had this happen? The two weapons mods I'm using are UAIO and amx_weapon (I'm used to the old style weapon numbers, hence why I am using 2). Checked both the AMXX log and the server log. Nothing was logged there saying there was a command issued from either of the offenders. Thoughts?
SweatyBanana
BANNED
Old 11-09-2006 , 20:01   Re: Weapon Spawning Overloading Server
Reply With Quote #2

This is most likely a weapon giving plugin, and yes it will crash the server if you throw too many guns.
Send a message via AIM to SweatyBanana Send a message via Yahoo to SweatyBanana
allenwr
Veteran Member
Old 11-09-2006 , 20:18   Re: Weapon Spawning Overloading Server
Reply With Quote #3

lol, you can overload a server with only a few 100 entities... now its possible that they are buying cheap weapons... but this is most likey not a plugin... i used to go into different hacking servers and overload them this way...

they also might have found a glitch which works faster... but its sounds like a style of an overload.

bye.
Roach
Writes love letters to sawce Daily
Old 11-09-2006 , 21:49   Re: Weapon Spawning Overloading Server
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenwr View Post
lol, you can overload a server with only a few 100 entities... now its possible that they are buying cheap weapons... but this is most likey not a plugin... i used to go into different hacking servers and overload them this way...

they also might have found a glitch which works faster... but its sounds like a style of an overload.

bye.
Thats what im thinking. It's gotta be some glitch that attempts to overload. You would think its cheap weapons, but its not, they were tossing M4's and AWPs.
allenwr
Veteran Member
Old 11-09-2006 , 22:26   Re: Weapon Spawning Overloading Server
Reply With Quote #5

it doesnt really matter actually, you could always just get 2 or 3 weapons maybe that our bought in such close timing that server cant handle it, but im not an expert in how servers work...