Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

chat

Post New Thread Reply   

itsme1
Old 03-20-2024 , 15:09   chat
Reply With Quote #1

simple if you know how and i dont so a quick question on here -

cs1.6 the chat lines at the bottom, where players send messages, how do you send a scrolling message there from admin side of course ? like "servers owner" type/owner etc

Thanks

Last edited by itsme1; 03-20-2024 at 15:31.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2024 , 00:47   Re: chat
Reply With Quote #3

What do you mean by "scrolling message"? Do you mean similar to amx_scrollmsg where it scrolls the messages right to left? This is not possible with the chat messages because you can't overwrite a previous message the way that amx_scrollmsg does.
Old 03-22-2024 , 13:17   Re: chat
Reply With Quote #4

ok,

how do you add a message in the chat area like as a player you would type /top15 and that comes in the chat.

But how do you add a message in the chat that repeats itself every so often, example "welcome please respect the rules" "press use button for parachute, or any message that help players use the server all in the chat area ?

Thanks
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-23-2024 , 01:31   Re: chat
Reply With Quote #5

I created a plugin for that called amx_cmessage. It's basically identical to amx_imessage but for chat.

Last edited by fysiks; 03-23-2024 at 01:32.
itsme1
Old 03-23-2024 , 14:06   Re: chat
Reply With Quote #6

Hi

Thanks

How do you delete a message without a server restart , ive tried 1 as an example kkkkkkkkkkkk but now i need to delete / change that message ? because it keeps coming up.

all so...

where do these messages get put if the server needs a restart ? so they are saved every restart.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-23-2024 , 16:55   Re: chat
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme1 View Post
How do you delete a message without a server restart , ive tried 1 as an example kkkkkkkkkkkk but now i need to delete / change that message ? because it keeps coming up.
There is not a mechanism to do this. Something like that would need to be added. I'm not sure what the best method would be. However, everything in the plugin is reset on map change so you edit the config files (mentioned below) to change what messages will exist for the next map.

Another alternative is to have a .ini file dedicated to this plugin and have a reload command that will dynamically reload the file. In this case, you'd edit this .ini file and then run the reload command in the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme1 View Post
where do these messages get put if the server needs a restart ? so they are saved every restart.
Most settings like this should be placed in amxx.cfg. If you want them to be map or map prefix specific, you can put it in those configuration files.

Last edited by fysiks; 03-23-2024 at 16:57.