Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Jockey racing v1.0.8(+ 4 player mode)

Post New Thread Reply   

Searcher64
Old 07-29-2010 , 20:40   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing v1.0.5
Reply With Quote #111

hmm...another problem...the survivors are able to close the last saferoom door so jockey'd survivors can't get in lol
Fleepster99
Old 07-29-2010 , 20:58   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing v1.0.5
Reply With Quote #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher64 View Post
hmm...another problem...the survivors are able to close the last saferoom door so jockey'd survivors can't get in lol
Yh ive had certain idiots do this before on my server, im not sure i can fix it other than adding some kindof punishement for who does.
ill see what i can do.
water_cat1
Old 07-29-2010 , 21:09   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing v1.0.5
Reply With Quote #113

when i am playing with my build server, I have deleted the saferoom door and as soon as anyone is in the area, the next map loads.
Searcher64
Old 07-29-2010 , 21:23   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing v1.0.5
Reply With Quote #114

That would be good....and perhaps freeze them when they're 3 seconds in the safe room...I hate it when they go back out for no reason

Another good idea is that when a jockey rides you, it would show "X has started riding you!" and "You are riding X!", so you know whos the saboteur and who's not XD

Last edited by Searcher64; 07-29-2010 at 21:30.
Fleepster99
Old 07-29-2010 , 21:56   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing v1.0.5
Reply With Quote #115

Quote:
That would be good....and perhaps freeze them when they're 3 seconds in the safe room...I hate it when they go back out for no reason

Another good idea is that when a jockey rides you, it would show "X has started riding you!" and "You are riding X!", so you know whos the saboteur and who's not XD
Could do that but if someone jumps on the wrong person they will both know straight away because of the colours
Searcher64
Old 07-29-2010 , 22:23   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing v1.0.5
Reply With Quote #116

lol on my server, it's kinda confusing. The survivors move away from jockeys, the jockeys starts jumping on random person and the color teams are all scrambled up

Another idea, make it so that the survivor in front of the jockey is the only one that it's allowed to ride on
Fleepster99
Old 07-29-2010 , 22:34   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing v1.0.5
Reply With Quote #117

Quote:
lol on my server, it's kinda confusing. The survivors move away from jockeys, the jockeys starts jumping on random person and the color teams are all scrambled up

Another idea, make it so that the survivor in front of the jockey is the only one that it's allowed to ride on
its definately a good idea and ive considered it before aswell , but im still quite new at this so theres certain things i can't do,i will try and do that as soon as ive finished adding the molotov and bile throwing
Fleepster99
Old 07-31-2010 , 03:24   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing v1.0.6
Reply With Quote #118

Ok guys i added the bile and molotov code, heres some stuff you should probably know if your NOT being jockeid you wont get any adrenaline, bile or molotovs. You can throw molotovs and bile without a jockey but bile will not do anything to other teams(to avoid grieving).
When a jockey is on you and you receive molotovs or vomitjars just left click your mouse to throw them at other players, it may take a bit of time getting used to throwing it with a jockey on you .
both getting biled and molotovd have different repercussions, just test it out and you will see.
I think thats all please let me know of whatever problems you come across.

DELETE your .cfg because of new cvars.
Searcher64
Old 07-31-2010 , 08:28   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing v1.0.6
Reply With Quote #119

Something doesn't seem right with this.....is it possible to ONLY give adrenaline to the two falling being teams? For example, two teams are WAY ahead and the other two are really falling behind, is it possible to only give the last two teams adrenaline instead of the ones that are way ahead?

I noticed this when I was playing, that there doesn't really seem to be anything that balances the jockey racing I hope you can add this And maybe a cvar to control the interval of when the survivors get the adrenaline?
Fleepster99
Old 07-31-2010 , 08:49   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing v1.0.6
Reply With Quote #120

Quote:
Something doesn't seem right with this.....is it possible to ONLY give adrenaline to the two falling being teams? For example, two teams are WAY ahead and the other two are really falling behind, is it possible to only give the last two teams adrenaline instead of the ones that are way ahead?

I noticed this when I was playing, that there doesn't really seem to be anything that balances the jockey racing I hope you can add this And maybe a cvar to control the interval of when the survivors get the adrenaline?
I added the cvar for how often you get adrenaline, and molos,vomitjars for this version have a look in the config.
About your request i think its a good idea but it seems a bit complicated, i will look into it.
If anyone has any clue how to go on about this please let me know .