Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Creating permanent NPCs/models

Post New Thread Reply   

Mark186
Old 08-25-2006 , 20:20   Re: Creating permanent NPCs/models
Reply With Quote #11

I'm not longer replying to infantile remarks and wild flames, I only posted this for people who are very new to this so they can just copy and paste my example and then replace the models, origins, sizes, and angles.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 08-25-2006 , 20:21   Re: Creating permanent NPCs/models
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark186 View Post
I don't remember when the opinions of 8 year olds were welcomed.
I'm not longer replying to infantile remarks and wild flames, I only posted this for people who are very new to this so they can just copy and paste my example and then replace the models, origins, sizes, and angles.
*Sigh* You really just don't get it. You can't copy and paste this because the tutorial itself makes absolutely no sense. Not only is that not what this area is for (posting tutorials for total idiots about subjects they'd never need), it's also already done in another tutorial.
Old 08-25-2006 , 20:25   Re: Creating permanent NPCs/models
Reply With Quote #13

I have the upmost respect for Twilight Suzuka and his tutorial is very good. But he didn't specify how to make the NPC permanent! When you create the NPC with clcmd, you can't adjust the direction it faces, and when I restarted the server, the NPC was gone. All I did was add origin and angles and by using the method HarbuRPAlpha uses with new has[w/e] I made the NPC spawn on server start.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 08-25-2006 , 20:29   Re: Creating permanent NPCs/models
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
I have the upmost respect for Twilight Suzuka and his tutorial is very good. But he didn't specify how to make the NPC permanent! When you create the NPC with clcmd, you can't adjust the direction it faces, and when I restarted the server, the NPC was gone. All I did was add origin and angles and by using the method HarbuRPAlpha uses with new has[w/e] I made the NPC spawn on server start.
Your code is a joke compared to what me and many others have made in the past to compensate for this. Since you don't appear to understand:

All you did is copy a bit of code and paste it into another section, you did not make a tutorial or inform the public about something that most people would not understand through common sense.

If you need me to repeat again, I can keep going.
Old 08-25-2006 , 20:39   Re: Creating permanent NPCs/models
Reply With Quote #15

Of course I used different bits of code, thats why I put in a little thing for credits.
And I'll tell you what, you're the big ent master here mr.ego maniac.
All I have to say, out of experience and being honest not because I like being mean, but when you get out to the real world and out of your little cave where you sit on your computer all day, your ego will be crushed so hard your head will spin, now thats advice, good luck.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 08-25-2006 , 20:58   Re: Creating permanent NPCs/models
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Of course I used different bits of code, thats why I put in a little thing for credits.
And I'll tell you what, you're the big ent master here mr.ego maniac.
All I have to say, out of experience and being honest not because I like being mean, but when you get out to the real world and out of your little cave where you sit on your computer all day, your ego will be crushed so hard your head will spin, now thats advice, good luck.
What's funny is that you seem to think that I'm doing this because I want to feel bigger or something. I'm not. You're too dense to understand that this tutorial sucks, and rather than admitting it you instead pass the blame off to me or some shit like that. Then you even have the balls to say that I sit on the computer all day or some shit like that.

If you're going to flame me about you being a tard, at least back it up with something that is actually accurate, rather than making stupid and false conjectures.