Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

admin_mysql_bans for amxbans v2.0

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Admin Commands       
GIR
Old 04-11-2004 , 19:50   admin_mysql_bans for amxbans v2.0
Reply With Quote #1

* Note: This is not a port, the original AMXBANS package has not been tested nor created by me I just modified admin_mysql.sma a little so it works with amxbans v2.0

I'm not sure wether somebody already took the time to mod the original to work with AMXMOD X but here you go.

Moderatly tested, report any bugs here and I will do my best to put them high up on my priority list

Howto install:
* Download the full amxbans v2.0 package here: http://www.xs4all.nl/~yomama/amxbans/
* Follow the install instructions on the site but instead of using their plugin, use the one provided by me.
* Remove (or comment out) admin.amx or admin_mysql.amx from your plugin list. Use admin_mysql_bans.amx instead.

Easy as cake, or pie...

What has changed?
amx_mysql_bans.sma: Same as admin_mysql.sma except the SQL qeury is different to accomedate the amxbans structure.

Anywayz GL & HF,
GIR
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (admin_mysql_bans.sma - 1566 views - 8.4 KB)
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2004 , 20:10  
Reply With Quote #2

I dont see the authors name in anywhere were its suppose to be listed, please read the topic about porting plugins if you wish to do so.

GIR
Old 04-11-2004 , 20:18  
Reply With Quote #3

Sighs you guyz really need to stop being so uptight.

First of all the name of the guy is in the link.. YoMama. So technicaly his name is in the post.
Second of all I think I made it quite clear that these are just the modded plugin files and you still need to download the original package form Yomama's site.
Finally I already got approval from Yomama and this will be included in the next amxbans package
QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2004 , 22:40  
Reply With Quote #4

its not uptight its rules the plugin doesnt get approved otherwise.
Old 04-12-2004 , 04:08  
Reply With Quote #5

And now it's not a port anymore. Too bad because I took the time to change [AMX] into [AMXX] and a few other stuff so it complies to the AMXX structure but hey, guess you'll have to find somebody to port it for you then.
Bry
Old 04-12-2004 , 06:15  
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIR
And now it's not a port anymore. Too bad because I took the time to change [AMX] into [AMXX] and a few other stuff so it complies to the AMXX structure but hey, guess you'll have to find somebody to port it for you then.
just ignroe them

some of us actaulyl appreciate the fact you ported it

Many Thanks
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 04-12-2004 , 11:33  
Reply With Quote #7

I dont care if he ported it or not, everyone should have to follow the rules, they were created for a reason, and P.S, its not hard to change a plugin to compile with AMXX rules, I have ported ATAC and DeagsMapManager for AMXX, I know how do it. Also with the backwards compbatiblity that SniperBeamer and Bailopan setup anyone can just use the online website compiler on this website and it will still work for AMXX.

The point is, if you didnt create the plugin, you should list the Author's name where it is stated in the Port AMX Plugins

Quote:
- If you didn't write the plugin: put the name of the author to the topic and to the post.
- If the original author requests that it be put under their control or removed, their request will be honored.
- You must not use amxmod.inc - only use amxmodx.inc instead.
- You must not use Vexd or XtraFun modules - use the AMX Mod X modules C-S/Engine/Fun instead.
- Don't hardcode paths like amxx/custom; use the get_customdir native instead
- Use log_amx instead of log_to_file

If you do not do this your plugin will not be approved.
Also, if you have been following the lastest updates of AMXX you would know the soon there will no longer be a mysql module, it will be called dbi, because now they are going to start adding support for other SQL formats, so soon this plugin will be incompatbile with AMXX .20 due to the fact that MYSQL Module will no longer exsist. Read this post for more information

http://www.tcwonline.org/~amxmodx/fo...opic.php?t=922

GIR
Old 04-13-2004 , 03:29  
Reply With Quote #8

To quote one of the AMXX devs, time to rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller
I dont care if he ported it or not, everyone should have to follow the rules, they were created for a reason, and P.S, its not hard to change a plugin to compile with AMXX rules, I have ported ATAC and DeagsMapManager for AMXX, I know how do it. Also with the backwards compbatiblity that SniperBeamer and Bailopan setup anyone can just use the online website compiler on this website and it will still work for AMXX.
Great, here's a cookies for your effort. And yes it is not a big problem to port them. Although it is mighty nice of you (and me) to take the time to port, test and share them with this community.

Quote:
The point is, if you didnt create the plugin, you should list the Author's name where it is stated in the Port AMX Plugins
Well seeing as this is not port anymore, guess that does apply to it anymore. What's the frikkin deal with it being apporved anywayz? I just thought I'd put the stuff I tested on my server up on this forum so other people may benefit from it. Now suddenly, yap yap yappedy yap everybody has to yap about their personal feelings. There are several posts on this forum asking for a amxbans port, so I did...

Quote:
Also, if you have been following the lastest updates of AMXX you would know the soon there will no longer be a mysql module, it will be called dbi, because now they are going to start adding support for other SQL formats, so soon this plugin will be incompatbile with AMXX .20 due to the fact that MYSQL Module will no longer exsist. Read this post for more inform.
Yes I can read the frontpage thank you very much. But seeing as the current release version is 0.16 and 0.16 has mysql.inc and not dbi.inc, using bdi.inc would kinda be... well not good.

Different SQL formats?
DJ
Old 04-13-2004 , 16:37  
Reply With Quote #9

How to be without amxban.amx. What command banit, that all this insert in MySQL
Morpheus
Old 04-15-2004 , 16:44  
Reply With Quote #10

Will this work with the AMX Ban menu in game? Or is it still a problem banning players ??????

I had serious problems with banning [No C-D]players from game, when i uses amx_ban menu! Actually if i banned a player in game via menus, i banned the wrong player all the time! Major bugs!

Do u know if that is working now? Or do we manually need to make amx_ban in console? ex: amx_ban Myg0t N00b cheater ?

Kind regards

Morpheus