Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

GOTV shows up as a player in queries

Post New Thread Reply   

yuv41
Old 04-07-2021 , 04:14   GOTV shows up as a player in queries
Reply With Quote #1

So basically i run multiple servers with the auto demo uploader plugin, now i have 2 servers with 24 slots and 6 servers with 4 slots, in the 4 slots servers for some reason the GOTV bot is considered as a player and he takes a whole slot, If i set the server to 4 slots it shows up as 3 slots.
In queiries the server shows that theres 1 player in the server even tho there isn't.
In the 24 slots servers this doesnt happen for some reason. Anyone knows how fix this?
oqyh
Old 04-07-2021 , 05:38   Re: GOTV shows up as a player in queries
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv41 View Post
So basically i run multiple servers with the auto demo uploader plugin, now i have 2 servers with 24 slots and 6 servers with 4 slots, in the 4 slots servers for some reason the GOTV bot is considered as a player and he takes a whole slot, If i set the server to 4 slots it shows up as 3 slots.
In queiries the server shows that theres 1 player in the server even tho there isn't.
In the 24 slots servers this doesnt happen for some reason. Anyone knows how fix this?
GOTV = bot = -1 player slot

- Fake clients (bots)

so if u make server with 4 slots with GOTV it will take 4-1 = 3 slots

My discord : oqyh

Last edited by oqyh; 04-07-2021 at 05:38.
yuv41
Old 04-07-2021 , 07:59   Re: GOTV shows up as a player in queries
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oqyh View Post
GOTV = bot = -1 player slot

- Fake clients (bots)

so if u make server with 4 slots with GOTV it will take 4-1 = 3 slots
If so, How come in my 24 slots server the slots stay the same and the bot is there?
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-08-2021 , 06:52   Re: GOTV shows up as a player in queries
Reply With Quote #4

GOTV / SourceTV will normally add an extra player slot for itself to avoid this happening, are you enabling it the same way on both servers (it might not be able to add the extra slot if not enabled early enough) or using the "maxplayers_override" command line flag on the 4 slot servers?
Old 04-08-2021 , 15:39   Re: GOTV shows up as a player in queries
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
GOTV / SourceTV will normally add an extra player slot for itself to avoid this happening, are you enabling it the same way on both servers (it might not be able to add the extra slot if not enabled early enough) or using the "maxplayers_override" command line flag on the 4 slot servers?
I use maxplayers 5 rn and when the server boots it shows as 0/4 in the master browser and 1/5 in queries,
I do use sv_maxvisibleplayers to manipulate the server slots on the fly though, but it only happens later on when a server has clients
Also I noticed the servers never really hibernate even though hibernation is set to 1

Last edited by yuv41; 04-08-2021 at 15:42.