Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Release SourceBans++ (v1.6.4) [Updated: 2021-10-06]

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

RandomDued
Old 05-17-2017 , 20:01   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.1) [Updated: 2017-05-06]

One more question do the bans sync between multiple servers?
EDIT: Found out they don't because in the ban it says "Banned from (ONE SERVER)" Is there a way to sync them?

Last edited by RandomDued; 05-17-2017 at 20:04.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2017 , 21:35   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.1) [Updated: 2017-05-06]

Bans are across all servers plugged into Sourcebans.

It just displays the server the player was actually banned on.
Old 05-18-2017 , 03:58   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.1) [Updated: 2017-05-06]

I'm having trouble getting the Comms bans to record which server they came from. When ever one of my admins or the server itself gag/mutes a player, it records the server as 0 even though each server has a ServerID number set in the sourcebans.cfg.

How can I fix this?
Old 05-18-2017 , 04:03   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.1) [Updated: 2017-05-06]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDued View Post
One more question do the bans sync between multiple servers?
EDIT: Found out they don't because in the ban it says "Banned from (ONE SERVER)" Is there a way to sync them?
Assuming all of your servers database.cfg has the same SB database info, they will all "sync". If you're banned on server 1 you won't be able to join server 2. The "Banned from" field is simply telling you which server they were on when they were banned.

If you don't want bans from server 1 to effect the same player from joining server 2 you need to create another SB database and put that info in that servers database.cfg
Old 05-18-2017 , 04:03   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.1) [Updated: 2017-05-06]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_phsco View Post
I'm having trouble getting the Comms bans to record which server they came from. When ever one of my admins or the server itself gag/mutes a player, it records the server as 0 even though each server has a ServerID number set in the sourcebans.cfg.

How can I fix this?

Can you provide a screenshot of this?
Old 05-18-2017 , 06:04   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.1) [Updated: 2017-05-06]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaiz View Post
Can you provide a screenshot of this?
Not sure how that helps but here you go:
Spoiler

And as it appears in the database directly:
Spoiler

From the error log:
Code:
10:49:36: [sbpp_comms.smx] You must set valid `ServerID` value in sourcebans.cfg!
But from that same servers sourcebans.cfg file:
Code:
// This is the ID of this server (Check in the admin panel -> servers to find the ID of this server)
		"ServerID"		"2"
And here are the server ID's in the Sourcebans server management page:

Clearly, the ID's have been set.
Old 05-19-2017 , 02:13   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.1) [Updated: 2017-05-06]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_phsco View Post
Not sure how that helps but here you go:
snip
And as it appears in the database directly:
snip
From the error log:
Code:
10:49:36: [sbpp_comms.smx] You must set valid `ServerID` value in sourcebans.cfg!
But from that same servers sourcebans.cfg file:
Code:
// This is the ID of this server (Check in the admin panel -> servers to find the ID of this server)
		"ServerID"		"2"
And here are the server ID's in the Sourcebans server management page:
snip
Clearly, the ID's have been set.
I asked for the screenshot because it shows what I already suspected.

"Banned from Web Ban" means the player was banned via the SB web panel and not the in game /admin menu. If you have bans issued from in game that are showing "Web Ban" then I don't have the answer.

I'd suggest opening all of the sourcebans.cfg you have (from each server) and comparing that field to see if you're trying to use the same ID twice.

Last edited by Phaiz; 05-19-2017 at 02:13.
Werewolf_UK
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-19-2017 , 02:45   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.1) [Updated: 2017-05-06]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaiz View Post
I'd suggest opening all of the sourcebans.cfg you have (from each server) and comparing that field to see if you're trying to use the same ID twice.
Already checked that, all of them are unique and correct.
Old 05-20-2017 , 12:08   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.1) [Updated: 2017-05-06]

I'm getting errors
Quote:
Error: the XML response that was returned from the server is invalid. Received:
Warning: file_get_contents(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in /home/xxxxx/public_html/sourcebans/includes/sb-callback.php on line 2320

Warning: file_get_contents(https://sbpp.github.io/version.json): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/xxxxx/public_html/sourcebans/includes/sb-callback.php on line 2320

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dusty/public_html/sourcebans/includes/sb-callback.php:2320) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/sourcebans/includes/xajax.inc.php on line 766
Error]]>Error]]>Error retrieving latest release.
Error retrieving latest Git Commit.]]>

Last edited by dustydevil; 05-20-2017 at 12:09.
Doulos
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-20-2017 , 15:25   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.1) [Updated: 2017-05-06]

I have a problem. For some reason sourcebans stopped communicating with the database and thus does not add players to the banned list after a server ban. Therefore, I can't unban a player from the web panel. I do not see an "unban" item in the in-game admin menu.

How can I unban someone in this case?
Closed Thread