12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (2.33) [28-Jan-2024]

Post New Thread Reply   

DarkSynergy
Old 03-31-2012 , 18:10   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.8) [30-Mar-2012]
Reply With Quote #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
In the middle of a round? I don't see why that would be, I've not had any issues... Could it be they were not close enough to the item to pickup?
The bots were standing right on top of the items and just wouldnt pick them up. They also stopped automatically transferring me items they were carrying. I rolled back to 1.5.7 and everything is working fine again.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-31-2012 , 18:55   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.8) [30-Mar-2012]
Reply With Quote #192

Yeah I noticed this too now, urgh.

Edit: Sorry about that, updated and should be working, the plugin was not recreating timers on round start.

Last edited by Silvers; 03-31-2012 at 19:50.
bazrael
Old 05-09-2012 , 10:05   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.9) [31-Mar-2012]
Reply With Quote #193

A request you might add in next update: Could you add a new convar that as survivor get a item, they won't says their pick-up line like "Grabbing pills"? Just to receive the item and keep silence.
Silvers
Old 05-10-2012 , 03:51   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.9) [31-Mar-2012]
Reply With Quote #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazrael View Post
A request you might add in next update: Could you add a new convar that as survivor get a item, they won't says their pick-up line like "Grabbing pills"? Just to receive the item and keep silence.
Added.

1.5.10 (10-May-2012)
- Added Traditional Chinese translations - Thanks to bazrael.
- Added cvar "l4d_gear_transfer_vocalize" to control transfer vocalizes. Thanks to bazrael for the request.
Old 05-13-2012 , 01:47   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.10) [10-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #195

A suggestion, can you provide a transfer method for both "Give" and "Grab" as separate buttons? For example:

Code:
// 0=Shove only, 1=Reload key only, 2=Shove and Reload key to transfer items, 3=Shove 
gives & Reload grabs, 4=Shove grabs & Reload gives
// -
// Default: "3"
l4d_gear_transfer_method "3"
I say this because while fighting a horde, players may not want to grab an item from a bot while shoving. Sometimes bots just walk right in front of you. I also choose the default of "3" because it makes sense to "Give" with shove as you normally do that with pills, and "Grab" is good as reload because when you reload, it's like restocking anyway. I would have choose "Use" for grabbing but as you stated in some previous posts, that can cause issues depending on where the player/bot is standing. If it's too much to ask for, then no big deal. Plugin works great anyway
Silvers
Old 06-10-2012 , 14:03   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.10) [10-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazrael View Post
I also have this trouble. In my opinion, I think Silvers can join a basic timer about 5 seconds or more to prevent bots from transferring back if players just transferred an item to bots and went for another available item nearby. Set l4d_gear_transfer_timer to "10" can avoid this trouble but it also affect the timer of bot grabbing automatically.

On the other hand, in version 1.5.10, when survivors transfer an item, they sometimes still say pick-up lines even though l4d_gear_transfer_vocalize was "0".
They already are blocked from transfer for 5 seconds are taking or giving.

They are blocked from vocalize for 60 seconds after round_start, those who take a while to load will make the timer run out of 60 seconds.

The vocalize cvar prevents the plugin from vocalizing, but the game makes survivors vocalize themselves when picking up items.
Old 07-11-2012 , 17:28   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.10) [10-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #197

First off, thanks again Silvers for the update

I've know the following for a couple of weeks now, but wanted to do some thorough testing before saying anything. Here's the results:

The new l4d_gear_transfer_method "3" works perfectly, except for First Aid Kits. Shoving or reloading doesn't allow you to pass a First Aid Kit to another player (not that shoving would work anyway).

And speaking of First Aid Kits, this plugin sometimes makes them disappear from a map. I didn't know right away it was this plugin, but after trying each plugin out that I have installed, I narrowed it down to this one. I even removed all other plugins and installed only this one along with the SM core plugins and here is what happens:

On an initial map load, the First Aid Kits are there, but most of the time if a new map or campaign is loaded, the First Aid Kits that are at the starting area will only be there for a few seconds and then disappear. For example, we can play Death Toll and the First Aid Kits will be there. Then if we switch campaign say to No Mercy or Dead Air, the First Aid Kits at the beginning of the map will only be there for a few seconds and then vanish. So whoever didn't grab one within those few seconds doesn't get a First Aid Kit. They only reappear if all players lose on that map and have to do it over.

This plugin is also affecting your Cabinet plugin. If the First Aid Kits disappear on a map, then any saved Cabinet you have on that map also disappears. When that happens, you can even type /cabinetlist and it will say 0, even though you could have some saved in the cabinet.cfg file. In addition to that, if you go to a spot where a cabinet should be, all you'll see is a single First Aid Kit or bottle of pain pills on the wall where the saved Cabinet should appear. But just like I mentioned in the previous paragraph, when this happens, if all the players lose on that map and have to do it over, the First Aid Kits and saved Cabinets reappear where they should be for that same map.

I don't remember any of this happening with the previous version of the gear transfer plugin. And like I said, even if it's just this plugin installed alone with no others, it still happens. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited by The 5th Survivor; 07-11-2012 at 17:30.
Silvers
Old 07-11-2012 , 19:22   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.10) [10-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #198

I'm pretty sure the missing medkits is not related to any plugin. There have been several threads about this, please search. When our linux server had the issue, I removed sourcemod and it still happened. Fixed by reinstalling the game on the server.

Your argument goes like this: "I use Gear Transfer, I have missing medkits, therefore Gear Transfer causes missing medkits", which is a syllogism. Humans are pattern seeking mammals. Albeit your assumption is not absurd, some people connect the most unrelated problems together.

Are you using the latest Cabinet? What happens is Valve spawns items in Cabinets if they are on the map at Round Start, the latest corrects this by delaying the spawn which worked fine when testing.

Last edited by Silvers; 07-12-2012 at 08:10.
WhataMack
Old 07-29-2012 , 14:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.10) [10-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #199

(apologies if this is answered elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find any results from searching)

Is there a list somewhere, either in this thread or on these forums, of servers that are running the Gear Transfer plugin? My brother found a server running the plugin awhile back and said it was great to have the bots carry and transfer bombs, in particular.

Thanks in advance for any help.
grasscid
Old 09-23-2012 , 20:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.10) [10-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #200

It would be nice if you made this plugin let you trade weapons too.