Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Cross-Game Chatter v1.6 [Discord <-> AMXX]

Post New Thread Reply   

GBLTeam
Old 03-30-2020 , 15:32   Re: AmxXDMT (Amx Mod X Discord Message Transmitter) v1.0 (Stable)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thEsp View Post
Hello. It was my bad.. I completely forgot this function is 1.9-only because it was previously deprecated. I apology for that. The problem is now fixed, please download "AmxXDMT.sma" again and recompile it.
Now there other problem, the server chat disapear too fast like if someone write it goes away and the bot is connected to discord and is online but not sharing anything? Also that is bad like it remove chat too fast like you write it disappear no one can read anything.
Send a message via MSN to GBLTeam Send a message via Skype™ to GBLTeam
thEsp
BANNED
Old 03-30-2020 , 16:16   Re: AmxXDMT (Amx Mod X Discord Message Transmitter) v1.0 (Stable)
Reply With Quote #12

Check "hud_saytext_time" CVar. But are you sure the bot is running well? As said on the main post, bot should be used in the same server (if you have root access, that is).

Also, please set the ID of your preferred channel (right click on it and click "Copy ID") in file "server.js" at the second line. You get channel ID something like this:

https://github.com/4D1G06/AmxXDMT/bl...t/server.js#L2

Last edited by thEsp; 03-30-2020 at 16:25.
GBLTeam
Old 03-30-2020 , 20:14   Re: AmxXDMT (Amx Mod X Discord Message Transmitter) v1.0 (Stable)
Reply With Quote #13

Its same, lets someone other try with amxx 1.8.2 because it skip the chat fast when someone write and doesnt not sending anything to the discord i set the id and everything, but that is not problem with hud_saytext_time because after i disable plugin everything work good.
Relaxing
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-31-2020 , 03:27   Re: AmxXDMT (Amx Mod X Discord Message Transmitter) v1.0 (Stable)
Reply With Quote #14

Take a look at this thread and come up with a way to stop using set_task every 0.1s.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=169315
Spoiler

Last edited by Relaxing; 03-31-2020 at 03:45.
thEsp
BANNED
Old 03-31-2020 , 05:21   Re: AmxXDMT (Amx Mod X Discord Message Transmitter) v1.0 (Stable)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLTeam View Post
Its same, lets someone other try with amxx 1.8.2 because it skip the chat fast when someone write and doesnt not sending anything to the discord i set the id and everything, but that is not problem with hud_saytext_time because after i disable plugin everything work good.
I had the same issue because I tested this plugin in a local game, so whenever I switched between game/discord window, the chat was disappearing (switching with instead ALT + TAB solved the problem, which is part of the game itself). However, you shouldn't be worried, other players will see messages normally.

@Relaxing
There is a pretty fair reason that "Error" argument exists. I already checked that thread about socket forwards and found no source to download whatsoever. But still, this [way of receiving data] has been the standard for years and will probably be in future.
GBLTeam
Old 03-31-2020 , 07:20   Re: AmxXDMT (Amx Mod X Discord Message Transmitter) v1.0 (Stable)
Reply With Quote #16

@theesp
No the problem is not to me the problem is to all players, all telling me same and all have problem with the chat, it disappear too fast not abble to read anything they also tried reconnect and changing map but nothing, also the discord bot not giving anything well it has a permissions and all stuff.
thEsp
BANNED
Old 03-31-2020 , 08:07   Re: AmxXDMT (Amx Mod X Discord Message Transmitter) v1.0 (Stable)
Reply With Quote #17

@GBLTeam
Razumes li problem nije ovdje ali u igra? Ja bi pomoc ako ja nositi tvoje servera informacija..
[en] Do you understand that the problem ain't here but inside the game? I would help you with more information about your server. Write me (PM) if you fancy.

Edit: Plugin has been updated. Few bugs have been fixed.

Last edited by thEsp; 03-31-2020 at 09:40.
Relaxing
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-31-2020 , 14:52   Re: AmxXDMT (Amx Mod X Discord Message Transmitter) v1.0 (Stable)
Reply With Quote #18

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...4&postcount=36
Old 03-31-2020 , 15:07   ^
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxing View Post
Seriously, use a module for a such small and simple plugin? With this logic we all should ignore current AMXX functions and implement them on our own... What is your point exactly? Increase server performance (which is absolutely normal, with or without this plugin) via socket forwards or "just for the sake of it"?
GBLTeam
Old 04-01-2020 , 13:33   Re: Cross-Game Chatter v1.1
Reply With Quote #20

The plugin works verry well with 1.8.2 !
Thanks again!