Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Problems with Admin Menu and Slap/Ban/Kick/Burn Etc.

Post New Thread Reply   

StrikerMan780
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-01-2009 , 22:14   Problems with Admin Menu and Slap/Ban/Kick/Burn Etc.
Reply With Quote #1

Hi there, I need a little help with something. I am an admin on my server using SourceMod, but when I bring up the admin menu to kick/slap/burn/explode/ban/etc, the menu just disappears when it is supposed to show the player list.

When I try to use any of those commands in the console, it just tells me "You cannot target that player", even if I use it on myself.

Map changing via Admin Menu works for me, but that's about it.

It was working once before, but now it is not, how might I fix it?

Last edited by StrikerMan780; 10-02-2009 at 20:49.
egor1908
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2009 , 07:48   Re: Problems with Admin Menu and Slap/Ban/Kick/Burn Etc.
Reply With Quote #2

does /kick name working for you?
StrikerMan780
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-02-2009 , 16:47   Re: Problems with Admin Menu and Slap/Ban/Kick/Burn Etc.
Reply With Quote #3

What, the default HL2 way of doing so? yeah, I think so. But, I want the SourceMod Stuff to work for me as well, but I don't know what happened.

By the way: I am using sourcemod with Half Life 2 DM if that helps.
egor1908
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2009 , 20:21   Re: Problems with Admin Menu and Slap/Ban/Kick/Burn Etc.
Reply With Quote #4

/kick, /ban and other chat triggers are provided by sourcemod .... The functionality of those too.

facepalm.smx
StrikerMan780
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-02-2009 , 20:34   Re: Problems with Admin Menu and Slap/Ban/Kick/Burn Etc.
Reply With Quote #5

Ok, I didn't exactly know that, I am new at using SourceMod. I still need help with this problem, you aren't helping at all yet. (No offense intended) I need to know what is causing it and how to fix it, not some workaround with lesser functionality.

I thought you were referring to the CONSOLE COMMANDS, not the Chat. (I got confused, please don't take me for an idiot because of my karma, it is that way because of a foolish mistake that I didn't intentionally make.) I'll try the sourcemod chat methods. So far, the Default HL2 console commands work. (kick, addip).

EDIT: Tried using /burn [SM]StrikerMan780 in the chat, and it just says: "You do not have access to this command.)

So, scratch that method too. Doesn't work.

Last edited by StrikerMan780; 10-02-2009 at 20:48.
Antithasys
Old 10-02-2009 , 20:45   Re: Problems with Admin Menu and Slap/Ban/Kick/Burn Etc.
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerMan780 View Post
I was working once before, but now it is not, how might I fix it?
What is different? What did you do when it stopped working?

When you think about asking a question... consider what have you tried?
StrikerMan780
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-02-2009 , 20:50   Re: Problems with Admin Menu and Slap/Ban/Kick/Burn Etc.
Reply With Quote #7

That I don't know, I even tried deleting all plugins and reverting to default SourceMod Configs, and it still didn't work. But, when I installed the current version of SourceMod for the very first time ever, it worked.

I'll have to check my Metamod again, and see if that has anything to do with it.

By the way, I don't have Mani Admin Plugin installed because it tends to cause all sorts of crashes, usually at exit for me. (Memory cannot be "Read" / "Written")
egor1908
Veteran Member
Old 10-03-2009 , 05:22   Re: Problems with Admin Menu and Slap/Ban/Kick/Burn Etc.
Reply With Quote #8

1. You dont have to write whole name of the person, when using SM chat triggers. For example to ban me for lifetime, you have to write /ban 190 0 BANANNED, if i am the only player with 190 in my nickname, i will get banned for 0 minutes with reason BANANNED.. Same with other commands.

2. I can't know why you have these problems, but if you have TeamViewer, i can try helping you setting SourceMod up and running, if you dont mind.

Quote:
You do not have access to this command
Is a common error when you're not in admin list. Try looking and admins_simple.ini in sourcemod\config folder. Give urself Z flag.
hommayudi
Old 10-03-2009 , 08:36   Re: Problems with Admin Menu and Slap/Ban/Kick/Burn Etc.
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerMan780 View Post
Hi there, I need a little help with something. I am an admin on my server using SourceMod, but when I bring up the admin menu to kick/slap/burn/explode/ban/etc, the menu just disappears when it is supposed to show the player list.

When I try to use any of those commands in the console, it just tells me "You cannot target that player", even if I use it on myself.
same here...

I can access all menus, except "Player"

Sorry for my BAD english

Last edited by hommayudi; 10-03-2009 at 08:41.
egor1908
Veteran Member
Old 10-03-2009 , 13:30   Re: Problems with Admin Menu and Slap/Ban/Kick/Burn Etc.
Reply With Quote #10

This problem is very strange. I would recommend a clean install of SourceMod.