Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

L4D2 "RestrictAddons"

Post New Thread Reply   

screen names
Old 01-10-2022 , 10:34   L4D2 "RestrictAddons"
Reply With Quote #1

So in my l4d2 server I currently have addons enabled (it's a versus server).
The main problem i keep running into is, while some people actually like that addons are enabled, a majority will leave once they see them enabled, thinking my server is heavily modded (its essentially vanilla versus with moderation plugins and addons enabled).

Is there any way to let players decide if they want to enable addons but have them disabled by default.
OR
Is there any way i can choose (as an admin) which players are "allowed" to have addons enabled.

Last other option/question: If the above isn't possible, is there any way i can disable client addons, but force ALL clients to use a specific set of addons that will download to their computer and be enabled when joining my server.

Last edited by screen names; 01-10-2022 at 10:39.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-11-2022 , 10:09   Re: L4D2 "RestrictAddons"
Reply With Quote #2

[L4D2] Addons Manager

Last edited by Silvers; 01-11-2022 at 10:09.
screen names
Old 01-11-2022 , 11:13   Re: L4D2 "RestrictAddons"
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
this is EXACTLY! what im looking for, i dont know how i didnt find this sooner, thank you so much.

I had one question though, I'm not interested in manually adding people to a list that lets them use addons, is there a way I can let the players enable it for themselves?
Silvers
Old 01-11-2022 , 11:22   Re: L4D2 "RestrictAddons"
Reply With Quote #4

I'm not the plugin author, but I guess not, maybe some script if you can write any otherwise ask author.
Old 01-11-2022 , 11:29   Re: L4D2 "RestrictAddons"
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
I'm not the plugin author, but I guess not, maybe some script if you can write any otherwise ask author.
ah alright, one more thing, maybe something you could answer, I've been having trouble getting my cvars to save. they seem to revert to default settings after the server hibernates. I've tried putting the cvars in my server.cfg but it seems it doesnt even change them at all. am i doing something wrong with these plugin cvars.
screen names
Old 01-11-2022 , 11:42   Re: L4D2 "RestrictAddons"
Reply With Quote #6

i think my server.cfg just isnt executing on second thought. I dont think theres a way for me to set launch paremeters with the server host im using besides maybe ftp which i havent setup.

EDIT: no it is working, it just doesnt load the plugin cvars for whatever reason /:

Last edited by screen names; 01-11-2022 at 11:48.
screen names
Old 01-11-2022 , 11:54   Re: L4D2 "RestrictAddons"
Reply With Quote #7

alright, fixed it myself. Had to check for automatically generated configs in the sourcemod config folder and found a bunch of configs that were overwriting what i had put in my server.cfg, large brain moment.
Silvers
Old 01-11-2022 , 12:01   Re: L4D2 "RestrictAddons"
Reply With Quote #8

also Command Buffer fixer plugin in my sig when you have too many cvars and they are resetting to default.
Old 01-16-2022 , 08:34   Re: L4D2 "RestrictAddons"
Reply With Quote #9

screen names be careful with addons in L4D2 even if the server prevents users from using an addon lets say the server prevents the "see through walls" addon

people who really want the "see through walls" will still get the "see through walls" you cant really prevent it people like me have been trying for 7 years without success

just refer yourself to this YT video for more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz61Ud65MiQ