Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2012 , 00:08   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this. But I will use the mantreads and my custom black box for this example. My server host reboots the server once a day. When it is restarted and I join my black box works as per my tf2items config (it fires 5 rockets at rapid fire rate ). BUT mantreads are broken (can't SUPER jump). Now if I reload tf2items manager plugin manually from hlsw. My black box "breaks" (back to "normal") BUT now mantreads work (Can superjump). It will stay this way until server is restarted again. And then have to do the above again.

I was wondering and it seems to be confirmed on my windows test server that when server starts it appear tf2item gets initialized first, followed by ff2 which would explain the first scenario above and the "fix" when reload the plugin? Rather annoying.
Diviara27
Old 06-24-2012 , 00:45   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this. But I will use the mantreads and my custom black box for this example. My server host reboots the server once a day. When it is restarted and I join my black box works as per my tf2items config (it fires 5 rockets at rapid fire rate ). BUT mantreads are broken (can't SUPER jump). Now if I reload tf2items manager plugin manually from hlsw. My black box "breaks" (back to "normal") BUT now mantreads work (Can superjump). It will stay this way until server is restarted again. And then have to do the above again.

I was wondering and it seems to be confirmed on my windows test server that when server starts it appear tf2item gets initialized first, followed by ff2 which would explain the first scenario above and the "fix" when reload the plugin? Rather annoying.
That used to happen to me when i'm using the scottish resistance and i added the max pipebombs out attribute that adds the sticky limit.When I used the attribute, the model changed into a regular sticky bomb and i can only fire 8 like the normal one. I fixed it by removing the attribute.

Try adding the attribute one by one so you can see the problem.

Freak Fortress 2

VS Saxton Hale

Adding more soon.

Gentlemen?

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-24-2012 , 05:10   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

OK, just because I'm curious, what are the currently known bugs in Freak Fortress 2?
Old 06-24-2012 , 06:34   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

The main bugs I have been dealing are with the custom weapon attribute lines. However many people have stated they have yet to experience these bugs. Also I think I made a list miscellaneous bugs/issues, I have dealing with a few pages back. However many people on the server have pointed them out to me.
Research
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-24-2012 , 10:05   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Character set is not working(If I make 2 charset(like ff2 / vs saxton), only working 1 charset)
/ff2help is not working
If boss have companion, and boss win, all user see the companion fail sound file name
some boss bgm can't stop if boss bgm is still playing

sorry for my bad english
Partycat22
Old 06-24-2012 , 11:41   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

i any one going to fix the issue with the ghostbuster?

we want to fix this thatway people not try to download it each and evrytime we switch maps or when people join the server.

"Ghostbuster
Again found an error, in your folder models are no files in the resolution of vtx, vvd, phy which are registered in the file medic.mdl. The client attempts to download the missing files again and again

I noticed, the client tries to load a nonexistent file medic.vvd
I do not know how to make models, but I think that these files are created when you compile a model.
I think they should look like this:
models\custom\player\ghostbusters\medic
medic.mdl
medic.phy
medic.dx80.vtx
medic.dx90.vtx
medic.sw.vtx
medic.vvd "

Last edited by Partycat22; 06-24-2012 at 11:43.
war100ck
Old 06-24-2012 , 12:18   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partycat22 View Post

we want to fix this thatway people not try to download it each and evrytime we switch maps or when people join the server.

"Ghostbuster
Again found an error, in your folder models are no files in the resolution of vtx, vvd, phy which are registered in the file medic.mdl. The client attempts to download the missing files again and again

I do not know how to make models, but I think that these files are created when you compile a model.
medic.mdl
medic.phy
medic.dx80.vtx
medic.dx90.vtx
medic.sw.vtx
medic.vvd "
I already wrote about it, but it seems to have ignored my post, I do not know how to do the model and solved the problem, I took did not get a file from the original model.

Sorry for my bad english

Last edited by war100ck; 06-24-2012 at 12:21.
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2012 , 12:30   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partycat22 View Post

"Ghostbuster

medic.mdl
medic.phy
medic.dx80.vtx
medic.dx90.vtx
medic.sw.vtx
medic.vvd "
yeah I am hoping GhostBuster will become available soon also. I think the ZE goggles drop would be cool also with this boss
Partycat22
Old 06-24-2012 , 13:32   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by war100ck View Post
I already wrote about it, but it seems to have ignored my post, I do not know how to do the model and solved the problem, I took did not get a file from the original model.

Sorry for my bad english

no i quoted you on that . just hoping to find a answerer to the problem.
Old 06-24-2012 , 19:54   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Hey, guys, question:
Most of the time, when I upload a new version of my plugin to the server, FF2 completely borkes out. The plugin doesn't work, nor does the HUD of the boss. Most of the changes are really simple (like switching a 1 to a 0). I have no idea what causes this, so do you guys have any idea?
Closed Thread