Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Approving Plugin in AMXX Section

Post New Thread Reply   

Celena Luna
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2021 , 03:13   Approving Plugin in AMXX Section
Reply With Quote #1

I just curious.. How to get the plugin approved?
I did read the ruling but if that the case, some plugin like Zombie Panic would had been approved (imo)
I checked Approved Section and the number of plugins got approve is less than 10 in the last 3-4 years
Do we actually need to PM Approver to get Approved?

Last edited by Celena Luna; 08-18-2021 at 03:19.
+ARUKARI-
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-18-2021 , 03:24   Re: Approving Plugin in AMXX Section
Reply With Quote #2

Currently, the only active approver is HamletEagle, and the burden on him is immense.

The level of coding required is much higher than it was 10 years ago, and there are several things that are, in my opinion, not at the level to be approved.

It is not going to be easy to get them approved.
I don't think there will be any more approved plugins in the future.

六四天安門事件
Celena Luna
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2021 , 04:17   Re: Approving Plugin in AMXX Section
Reply With Quote #3

I saw Arkshine still around with AMX Github and online on Forum recently (not posting any in the forum though)
I saw hornet in a recent post in Scripting Help

Also how much higher to be honest...

Large Project Plugins take really long to review or might not even able to get approve since it is too time consuming for them to review in their free time.

But short + simple plugins either already made or just not useful

Last edited by Celena Luna; 08-18-2021 at 04:21.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 08-18-2021 , 10:40   Re: Approving Plugin in AMXX Section
Reply With Quote #4

I am fully aware of how slow the approval process is(and so is everyone else for that matter). Tho, to be completely fair, I approved around 35 plugins in the last 4 years so it's definitely not less than 10. This is not to say the only thing I did in 4 years is to approve 35 plugins. I removed so much trash from the new plugins section it's unbelievable. I often cleaned like 10 pages on multiple occasions, but people release so many plugins that it's impossible to keep up. In a very short amount of time, it's back where it started or worse.

There is no secret thing you have to do to get your plugin approved. The issue is we have very few active approves. I think I am the only approver that's still active and for the last few months, I have been extremely busy. I don't mind if you PM me to request your plugin to be reviewed, but other approvers might. But, even if you do PM me, it's not likely to speed up the process. If someone doesn't have time, they don't have time, regardless of whether you ask.

There will be more approved plugins in the future, but don't expect anything massive. We just don't have the numbers to clean the entire section.

In the end, I want to say that you don't need to be an approver to help. Anyone can review plugins and help get them in better shape. Then an approver can glance over it, tremendously speeding up the process. Anyone can signal bad plugins, either terribly coded so there is no point in trying to improve them or just duplicate, simple plugins that we can not approve.
See this: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=322902

Last edited by HamletEagle; 08-18-2021 at 10:42.