Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]

Post New Thread Reply   

Lux
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2021 , 18:37   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
Double-checked.
Calling CDirector::OnChangeChapterVote causes all dead on round start bug.
I'm open to suggestions for other methods, seems like a quirk with the game.

Commission me for L4D
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 09-25-2021 , 08:04   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #32

Obviously, some clearing code doesn't execute.

Maybe, native votes could be an alternative, need to find which function they call on vote finish...

Also, I'm curious, what was your method of checking those vscript leaks, when you ensured CDirector::OnChangeChapterVote is a clear way.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 09-25-2021 , 09:15   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
Obviously, some clearing code doesn't execute.

Maybe, native votes could be an alternative, need to find which function they call on vote finish...

Also, I'm curious, what was your method of checking those vscript leaks, when you ensured CDirector::OnChangeChapterVote is a clear way.
Ill give the short version when I tested years ago.

script cmd to run useless stuff memory keeps going up, run map cmd change to new level memory still full, ran a vote to change level and memory went down to avg usual usage.

There is more to this like script hooks and call to nothing leading to high spikes as they pile up over time iirc but those are dependent if you run vscripts alongside also, but was so long ago I don't remember much, however i'm not sure if this is still an issue since TLS update may have been fixed but I just use this anyway since I don't really wanna input more time.

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 09-25-2021 at 09:16.
sorallll
Old 10-24-2022 , 15:07   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryPotter View Post
I have this issue sometimes since The Last Stand update.

After all survivors wipe out, and server prepares to restart the round, no any survivor bots respawn, they are just dead , we have to restart map or change map

I don't think it is "Proper Changelevel's" problem, I can surely say it is fu?king the last stand team problem, they messed up something.
The game uses incorrect transition data to restore player and survivor bots. In my tests iaNanaNana's [L4D2] Transition Info Fix fixes this bug, now it's perfect

Last edited by sorallll; 10-24-2022 at 15:09.
Red Flame
Old 12-02-2022 , 10:12   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #35

Hello, is there any method to reset/manipulate "m_bAreTeamsFlipped" gamerule state.
Plugin works fine but if you change the map in the second half of round in versus, "m_bAreTeamsFlipped" state will be the same.

GameRules_SetProp("m_bAreTeamsFlipped", 0 or 1, 4) sets it only for one frame then it resets back to original value.

update:
nvm, found the way to play around with "CDirector::SwapTeams".

Last edited by Red Flame; 12-04-2022 at 20:06.
tiphong
Old 06-08-2023 , 03:08   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #36

hi Lux, i seem to have a problem while using this plugin (i am not 100% sure it is caused by this). since using this plugin, sometimes on map change while loading the new map, the server will freeze and eventually you will be timed out. the server wont crash but it will freeze and you cannot see it on server browser anymore. since removing this plugin I have not experienced this freeze anymore, there are no error logs from this plugin but just a headsup.
KadabraZz
Old 08-21-2023 , 20:23   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #37

Hello, is there any way to keep the fix, but without having to wait for everyone to connect to actually start the map? Some people have a very slow pc and it takes a long time.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2023 , 13:07   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadabraZz View Post
Hello, is there any way to keep the fix, but without having to wait for everyone to connect to actually start the map? Some people have a very slow pc and it takes a long time.
It's what valve does as mentioned it just calls valve method to change the level.

Commission me for L4D
Fraggor
Old 10-21-2023 , 16:13   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Ill give the short version when I tested years ago.

script cmd to run useless stuff memory keeps going up, run map cmd change to new level memory still full, ran a vote to change level and memory went down to avg usual usage.

There is more to this like script hooks and call to nothing leading to high spikes as they pile up over time iirc but those are dependent if you run vscripts alongside also, but was so long ago I don't remember much, however i'm not sure if this is still an issue since TLS update may have been fixed but I just use this anyway since I don't really wanna input more time.
Based on your testing, the issue seems to be that the server is using script command to execute Vscripts (which will leak memory over time).
So the question is: if we replace the script with logic_script, or by using this plugin Script Command Swap - Mem Leak Fix would avoid memory leaking issue on a global scale (instead on just map changes)?
Am not sure if people here are aware of that plugin
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 11-10-2023 , 16:00   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggor View Post
Based on your testing, the issue seems to be that the server is using script command to execute Vscripts (which will leak memory over time).
So the question is: if we replace the script with logic_script, or by using this plugin Script Command Swap - Mem Leak Fix would avoid memory leaking issue on a global scale (instead on just map changes)?
Am not sure if people here are aware of that plugin
There was more it did don't remember it's been years now.

Commission me for L4D