Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved [PAID] fully disable xray, as well as +cl_show_team_equipment for spectators

Post New Thread Reply   

Kinsi
Old 09-29-2017 , 02:26   [PAID] fully disable xray, as well as +cl_show_team_equipment for spectators
Reply With Quote #1

Solved. See reply on the bottom for more infos.

Hi,

this has cost me way too much time and is starting to get annoying. Maybe somebody here has a solution for me.

The setup: All players are in the same team (T), mp_teammates_are_enemies is set to 1, CS:GO.

The issue: When a player dies and is spectating, he is able to see the spectator x-ray on other clients. SendConvarValue'ing
PHP Code:
mp_teammates_are_enemies 0 
to just this client removes the x-ray, but in the same step allows usage of +cl_show_team_equipment, as well as shows the "arrow" above a player (this one: http://i.kinsi.me/aako7EQV1jj+Rhuo.png)

What i need: A way to completely hide all this bullshit for spectators, so that spectator see no more than the person they are spectating. I've already tried to move the spectating client to CT (since i have a custom spectating solution where you can only spectate certain clients anways, so m_hObserverTarget is manually set), but that did not seem to fix this either.

Note: I am aware that using customplayerskins and then render_none'ing the players does fix this, however i'd really like to avoid this method, and its also not an accepted solution.

Reward: 5 CS:GO keys, after making sure that the solution works in my environment that is ofc.

Last edited by Kinsi; 09-29-2017 at 04:03.
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-29-2017 , 02:45   Re: [PAID] fully disable xray, as well as +cl_show_team_equipment for spectators
Reply With Quote #2

Hi have you tried send proxy extension to fake player thinking his alive?
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 09-29-2017 , 02:45   Re: [PAID] fully disable xray, as well as +cl_show_team_equipment for spectators
Reply With Quote #3

have you tried any of the hidehud flags?
Kinsi
Old 09-29-2017 , 02:51   Re: [PAID] fully disable xray, as well as +cl_show_team_equipment for spectators
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
No, and i'd rather like to avoid sendproxy because it causes crashes w/ SM 1.9 when used w/ parallel_pack_entities, as well as seems like a hack overall. What i have tried is setting the m_lifeState to 0 / 1, the latter did nothing, the former broke spectating completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
have you tried any of the hidehud flags?
Hidehud is completely ignored by spectators (or partially at least, because randomly for some it works, for some it doesnt), and even then, i'd like to keep the spec UI.

Last edited by Kinsi; 09-29-2017 at 02:53.
Kinsi
Old 09-29-2017 , 03:12   Re: [PAID] fully disable xray, as well as +cl_show_team_equipment for spectators
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
Alright, so here's the catch. In my mode, i hide the scoreboard completely anyways. I accomplish this by setting the player team to -1 in a think hook on the PlayerResource entity. This was disabled for testing, thus i didnt see the effect it has on .. well .. this. Enabling that again fixes it. Since you had kinda the right idea, i am still willing to give you two keys, eventhough my issue was technically non-existing. PM me your trade url and i'll send you an offer.

Last edited by Kinsi; 09-29-2017 at 03:25.
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-29-2017 , 10:25   Re: [PAID] fully disable xray, as well as +cl_show_team_equipment for spectators
Reply With Quote #6

hello if you really want you can donate to AM instead