Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CSGO] Please someone remake this plugin, ITS AMAZING

Post New Thread Reply   

fiction
Old 09-04-2017 , 20:32   Re: [CSGO] Please someone remake this plugin, ITS AMAZING
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
It doesn't write anything because this is either:
1. unethically hiding any "sm" commands.
2. Not running SM and has some how created their own server-plugin to handle communication with an outside webpage, while this is possible it's more of a task than just creating a SM plugin because the server will still need another server plugin to have admin commands etc.
His/those servers are blocking all sm commands for whatever reason, commands like sm_who still work as expected.
Kinsi
Old 09-04-2017 , 22:29   Re: [CSGO] Please someone remake this plugin, ITS AMAZING
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiction View Post
His/those servers are blocking all sm commands for whatever reason, commands like sm_who still work as expected.
Because i dont want people poking around looking for security / anti cheat measures that i've taken (Which can be apparent from the plugin names, and renaming them imho would've been a retarded workaround). If you're interested to know if i use some external plugins, no i dont. Everything's customly implemented.
sim242
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-05-2017 , 07:59   Re: [CSGO] Please someone remake this plugin, ITS AMAZING
Reply With Quote #13

Wow I've never seen that plugin before. That must've been a ton of work. Nice one Kinsi!
Send a message via Skype™ to sim242
Cruze
Veteran Member
Old 09-05-2017 , 13:23   Re: [CSGO] Please someone remake this plugin, ITS AMAZING
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsi View Post
Because i dont want people poking around looking for security / anti cheat measures that i've taken (Which can be apparent from the plugin names, and renaming them imho would've been a retarded workaround). If you're interested to know if i use some external plugins, no i dont. Everything's customly implemented.
Daamn.. good job bro!
Veteran Member
Old 09-08-2017 , 00:20   Re: [CSGO] Please someone remake this plugin, ITS AMAZING
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthelmo1 View Post
First off it's obviously a mixed bag, some of the work for go4tk is done server-side and other is done map-side. Kinsi did mention that it gravitated towards server-side though.

Releasing a plugin that is so feature-rich to the public, when a vast majority of its potential users are inexperienced and would likely use it incorrectly, is generally not something that a coder would want to do.

Currently there are only two major battle royale PUBG/H1Z1 styled mods in existence, one being kinsi's and the other one belonging to cra88y and myself...this is a mod that requires tons of work and "remaking" it is not nearly as simple a task as you make it seem.
Calling your version "Major" while you literally copied go4tk's map without lighting and use 100 different plugins to replicate it badly, gj.

Last edited by SM9; 09-08-2017 at 00:21.
Kinsi
Old 09-08-2017 , 00:55   Re: [CSGO] Please someone remake this plugin, ITS AMAZING
Reply With Quote #16

They copied my map? Wow. I thought the decompiled version of my map should state pretty clearly that i do not want it to be used by others, dicks.

Last edited by Kinsi; 09-08-2017 at 00:55.
fiction
Old 09-08-2017 , 01:30   Re: [CSGO] Please someone remake this plugin, ITS AMAZING
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valve Wiki- Decompiling Maps
Releasing reproductions, modifications, or approximations of another's work without permission nor credit is frowned upon and may be considered as a copyright violation.
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...compiling_Maps
Quote:
They copied my map? Wow. I thought the decompiled version of my map should state pretty clearly that i do not want it to be used by others, dicks.
Needs more signs .

Quote:
Shouldn't you at least whitelist sm credits?

Last edited by fiction; 09-08-2017 at 01:31.
Kinsi
Old 09-08-2017 , 01:36   Re: [CSGO] Please someone remake this plugin, ITS AMAZING
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Shouldn't you at least whitelist sm credits?
Yeah i might, is on todo, low prio though as i dont think they particullary care

Quote:
Releasing reproductions, modifications, or approximations of another's work without permission nor credit is frowned upon and may be considered as a copyright violation.
They better be crediting me fucking well if they actually copied my map, otherwise i might actually consider DMCA.

Last edited by Kinsi; 09-08-2017 at 01:37.
fiction
Old 09-08-2017 , 01:40   Re: [CSGO] Please someone remake this plugin, ITS AMAZING
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
They better be crediting me fucking well if they actually copied my map, otherwise i might actually consider DMCA.
You mean like this?
Spoiler

Last edited by fiction; 09-08-2017 at 01:40.
Kinsi
Old 09-08-2017 , 01:42   Re: [CSGO] Please someone remake this plugin, ITS AMAZING
Reply With Quote #20

Pathetic. Even the lobby looks pretty much 1:1 from what you posted. PM'd him, no need to drag this thread off-topic further than it is already.