Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:GO]Explanation plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

Unkown_name
Old 02-28-2023 , 15:50   [CS:GO]Explanation plugin
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, can someone explain to me how exactly this extension works? It calls functions that I don't know, so I'm asking for help. I would like to understand how this plugin works. By the way, if someone looked at the code, they might notice the reason why this plugin is not working.

Link to the extension: https://github.com/rcon420/fake-player-redirect
BeepIsla
Old 03-01-2023 , 22:53   Re: [CS:GO]Explanation plugin
Reply With Quote #2

When you connect to a server the server can reject your connection with a special reason starting with "ConnectRedirectAddress:" if the disconnect reason starts with that string the rest of it is taken as an IP address and the client will connect to it. Otherwise the disconnect reason is simply displayed to the client such as "Banned from this server" and such

Its original usage (and Valve uses it for this too occasionally although most of it is through the GC as well) is to redirect clients to different GOTV relays.

Its exclusive to CSGO and CSGO-based games.

You mention it does not work and I don't know why but I know Valve did not fix servers abusing it for Non-GOTV servers yet.

Last edited by BeepIsla; 03-01-2023 at 22:55.
Unkown_name
Old 03-03-2023 , 14:35   Re: [CS:GO]Explanation plugin
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeepIsla View Post
When you connect to a server the server can reject your connection with a special reason starting with "ConnectRedirectAddress:" if the disconnect reason starts with that string the rest of it is taken as an IP address and the client will connect to it. Otherwise the disconnect reason is simply displayed to the client such as "Banned from this server" and such

Its original usage (and Valve uses it for this too occasionally although most of it is through the GC as well) is to redirect clients to different GOTV relays.

Its exclusive to CSGO and CSGO-based games.

You mention it does not work and I don't know why but I know Valve did not fix servers abusing it for Non-GOTV servers yet.
I know how redirects work, but this plugin fakes the number of players on the server in addition to redirecting.

Does anyone know why this plugin no longer works?
BeepIsla
Old 03-03-2023 , 20:17   Re: [CS:GO]Explanation plugin
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
this plugin fakes the number of players on the server
It probably just modifies the response the server sends or builds its entirely own response to queries: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Server_queries

Most likely stopped working because Valve recompiled the entirety of CSGO with "SteamRT Sniper" (The Steam Runtime Valve uses for their servers) and because of that a lot of signatures have changed, the extension seems to be using a lot of them.

Also "not working" does not help anyone, what happens? crash? accelerator dump? just nothing? erorrs in console? etc
Unkown_name
Old 03-04-2023 , 14:53   Re: [CS:GO]Explanation plugin
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeepIsla View Post
It probably just modifies the response the server sends or builds its entirely own response to queries: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Server_queries

Most likely stopped working because Valve recompiled the entirety of CSGO with "SteamRT Sniper" (The Steam Runtime Valve uses for their servers) and because of that a lot of signatures have changed, the extension seems to be using a lot of them.

Also "not working" does not help anyone, what happens? crash? accelerator dump? just nothing? erorrs in console? etc
You're right, the signatures need updating, I wonder if anyone would undertake to update the signatures.