Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09)

Post New Thread Reply   

vijayar
Old 01-10-2021 , 05:16   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09)
Reply With Quote #21

For some reason the plugin is not working since yesterday. I have done a fresh server installation and tried with Valve native DM and with Maxximou5 DM plugin. In both case I get the game session is not loading and is stuck after downloading the model/materials (ref attached pic).

I am not seeing any errors in the console logs too. I had to shut the server down to get out of the session

Update 1 - SOLVED, Issue was with CSGO client installation in the machine I was testing. Tried from another machine and all works fine. Spectate is awesome now to see CT fight out the Zombies !

Update 2 - Did a Integrity Check and restarted the machine and the client in the first machine, but still get stuck after material loads. Looks like I have to completely remove CSGO and do a reinstallation.

Update 3 - Did a Fresh Install of CSGO client in the machine, but still getting the same issue !!! As of now this plugin seems to be working fine from any steam ID in my other machine. So I suspect it is not a plugin issue. Can anyone please join my server, test and report ? Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Webp.net-compress-image.jpg (96.0 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by vijayar; 01-10-2021 at 13:20. Reason: Partially Solved
Grey Echo
Old 01-10-2021 , 13:17   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09)
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikir View Post
Ideas:
1. Make Zombies more HP over time, let's say each minute + 20 HP (if not player)
2. Anticamp - if more then 3 CT in 1 area,(green gas or smth) they start to get dmg over time after 40 sec (so they will be forced to move)
3. Get (buy) weapons for score in scoreboard ?
4. Some stat system ? Like let's says CT wins round aka survives 5 min will be added to their stats(MySql or smth)
5. Add random zombies with option to setup them - how often spawn, and their stats(faster moving, More HP etc)
6. Spawn HP shots on the ground random locations on map, not just give players after some time (will force players to move after dmg taken)

Btw, good job had fun with community around 30 min playing it
connect weallplay.eu
Thank you very much for hosting a server and giving it a go! I've added your server to the 'Server List' section in the top post of this thread.

These are some great suggestions. We definitely want to discourage camping in as light touch a way as possible, so ideas for how to accomplish that are very welcome. I think your health shot idea in particular is a very interesting way to encourage players to move around rather than directly discourage them from camping. That's a great example of the kinds of inventive solutions I think we should start with first before implementing ways to directly punish players. I'll add that and the zombie mutations idea to the 'Plans' section in the top post of this thread to get us started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayar View Post
For some reason the plugin is not working since yesterday. I have done a fresh server installation and tried with Valve native DM and with Maxximou5 DM plugin. In both case I get the game session is not loading and is stuck after downloading the model/materials (ref attached pic).

I am not seeing any errors in the console logs too. I had to shut the server down to get out of the session

Update 1 - SOLVED, Issue was with CSGO client installation in the machine I was testing. Tried from another machine and all works fine. Spectate is awesome now to see CT fight out the Zombies !

Update 2 - Did a Integrity Check and restarted the machine and the client in the first machine, but still get stuck after material loads. Looks I have to completely remove CSGO and do a reinstallation
There was a CS:GO server and client update recently, so perhaps that has something to do with the trouble you're having? The screenshot you posted suggests your client is not configured to download resources from the server it's connected to, which I believe is the default. Are you using a FastDL server to allow clients to download the custom materials and models included with this plugin? If not, clients connecting to your server will need to make sure to have `sv_allowupload` set to 1, otherwise I think you'll get the error you're seeing.
vijayar
Old 01-10-2021 , 13:27   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09)
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Echo View Post
There was a CS:GO server and client update recently, so perhaps that has something to do with the trouble you're having? The screenshot you posted suggests your client is not configured to download resources from the server it's connected to, which I believe is the default. Are you using a FastDL server to allow clients to download the custom materials and models included with this plugin? If not, clients connecting to your server will need to make sure to have `sv_allowupload` set to 1, otherwise I think you'll get the error you're seeing.
I did get the updates install in all machine also I just did uninstall / reinstall of the client again.

Not using FastDl ; I have never tinkered around with "sv_allowupload" in the server earlier so not sure how my other machine works fine. I will anyways try

Please try testing my server (if possible from a new CSGO client instances wherein the model/materials are not preloaded) and see if you are getting any issues. Thanks

Last edited by vijayar; 01-10-2021 at 13:31.
vijayar
Old 01-10-2021 , 13:46   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09)
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
I did get the updates install in all machine also I just did uninstall / reinstall of the client again.

Not using FastDl ; I have never tinkered around with "sv_allowupload" in the server earlier so not sure how my other machine works fine. I will anyways try

Please try testing my server (if possible from a new CSGO client instances wherein the model/materials are not preloaded) and see if you are getting any issues. Thanks
I figured out the issue ; there is some error/configuration step missed when not using Fastdl ; it is not setup for my server and even with "sv_allowupload 1" the session is getting stuck at loading. Hence the earlier issue of no one was able to join and play

BTW I logged into your server to check if any issue with the CSGO client and all the files got downloaded from your FastDL instance and now i am able to play on my server too with the second machine, however that doesn't solve the issue of model/material download for non FastDl servers.

Last edited by vijayar; 01-10-2021 at 13:48.
Grey Echo
Old 01-10-2021 , 14:04   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09)
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
I figured out the issue ; there is some error/configuration step missed when not using Fastdl ; it is not setup for my server and even with "sv_allowupload 1" the session is getting stuck at loading. Hence the earlier issue of no one was able to join and play

BTW I logged into your server to check if any issue with the CSGO client and all the files got downloaded from your FastDL instance and now i am able to play on my server too with the second machine, however that doesn't solve the issue of model/material download for non FastDl servers.
As of February 2018, all CS:GO clients have `sv_allowupload` set to 0 by default, which means no files will be downloaded from your server by a client even if that client is missing the files they need to play. I recommend you set up FastDL for your server as without it, only clients that have explicitly set `sv_allowupload` to 1 will be able to play on your server unless they happen to already have all the files they need to play, which is possible as at least some of the custom materials and models included with this plugin are used by some other servers running other zombie-themed plugins, but I wouldn't rely on that.

Here are some helpful resources describing the problem in greater detail, with the last one being a basic guide to setting up a FastDL server:
vijayar
Old 01-11-2021 , 00:05   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09)
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Echo View Post
As of February 2018, all CS:GO clients have `sv_allowupload` set to 0 by default, which means no files will be downloaded from your server by a client even if that client is missing the files they need to play. I recommend you set up FastDL for your server as without it, only clients that have explicitly set `sv_allowupload` to 1 will be able to play on your server unless they happen to already have all the files they need to play, which is possible as at least some of the custom materials and models included with this plugin are used by some other servers running other zombie-themed plugins, but I wouldn't rely on that.

Here are some helpful resources describing the problem in greater detail, with the last one being a basic guide to setting up a FastDL server:
Thanks for this info, I was not aware, will set up the FastDL asap. Cheers !
Grey Echo
Old 01-11-2021 , 09:31   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09)
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Thanks for this info, I was not aware, will set up the FastDL asap. Cheers !
No worries! I've just added a note about the soft requirement for a FastDL server to the top post of this thread in the 'Recommendations' section, so thanks for the opportunity to discuss this in greater detail.
Desktop
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-08-2021 , 02:45   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09)
Reply With Quote #28

Do zombie bots try to attack someone that has been infected?
I also have a custom zombie mod and that problem occurs, bots look "stupid" and they dont crouch in every case they should, also, they dont always update targets to attack
Old 03-08-2021 , 13:27   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09)
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desktop View Post
Do zombie bots try to attack someone that has been infected?
I also have a custom zombie mod and that problem occurs, bots look "stupid" and they dont crouch in every case they should, also, they dont always update targets to attack
Bot Zombies do not try to attack player Zombies, no, at least not with this plugin and no other plugins installed. I can't say I've encountered any of the bot confusion issues you mentioned either. Perhaps check to see if another plugin is interfering? I think the "bot attacking players" issue can be caused by improperly switching a player to another team without them dying first, for example, but this plugin doesn't spawn players as Zombies until they've died.
123qw9999k
Old 05-21-2021 , 08:36   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09)
Reply With Quote #30

hello....i have completed all the steps, and now how do i play zombie mode? where to choose..?