Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[ANY] Advanced Voice Channel Manager V2.4 (Last Updated 16-Apr-2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

zipcore
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2011 , 06:00   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Channel Manager V2 (Last Updated 08-Dec-2011)
Reply With Quote #41

it's done v2.3 is up
Old 12-08-2011 , 10:04   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Channel Manager V2 (Last Updated 08-Dec-2011)
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipcore View Post
it's done v2.3 is up
awesome so does this now do what I was needing?

if so how do you recommend setup? As in getting everyone into same default channel and when an Admin hits "V" to talk everyone else is automuted till they release the button or stop talking

Last edited by Horsedick; 12-08-2011 at 10:06.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-10-2011 , 10:35   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Channel Manager V2 (Last Updated 08-Dec-2011)
Reply With Quote #43

Ok Still tryin to see if this is what I need or not... If I set the vc_announcer_channel_id to 1 that means I speak to all and mute everyone else...now does that mean that everyone else only hears ME (ADMIN) when I talk or does that mean when I talk I just can't hear everyone else and same goes for others?

Cause what I want is it to mute everyone else so nobody can hear anyone else cept the Admin when they talk...and as soon as the admin stops talking then regular voice is restored.

Testing it, seems that if a regular is talking and an admin is talking you can still hear both? What needs to be set to change that?

I've got this set:
// Additional to vc_announcer_channel_id (0=speak to all; 1=speak to all and mute everyone else; 2=speak to all and listen all)
// -
// Default: "0"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "2.000000"
vc_announcer_mode "1"

Last edited by Horsedick; 12-10-2011 at 11:56.
poppin-fresh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-10-2011 , 12:29   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Channel Manager V2 (Last Updated 08-Dec-2011)
Reply With Quote #44

is it the first channel you are using for the mute everyone and only hear you?
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-10-2011 , 15:05   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Channel Manager V2 (Last Updated 08-Dec-2011)
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppin-fresh View Post
is it the first channel you are using for the mute everyone and only hear you?
I have the default channel the announcement channel...that's the one everyone gets put in soon as they enter the server. I've tested this and the regular user can key up to talk and I hear them even with my V or push to talk button pressed for me (admin) talking. I've even tried changing admin flags to "z" that didn't work.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-12-2011 , 09:12   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Channel Manager V2 (Last Updated 08-Dec-2011)
Reply With Quote #46

Well I've tried a few more things but still having the same effect - someone is able to talk up and interrupt the Admin talking. To be honest I'd like to set it that way and also have it so if a regular user is talking someone else can't over talk them except an Admin to avoid mass loud talking with each other. First one to press the PUSH TO TALK button would get to speak first and another won't be able to talk till they release push to talk if you get what I'm saying.
zipcore
Veteran Member
Old 12-12-2011 , 15:08   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Channel Manager V2 (Last Updated 08-Dec-2011)
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
I have the default channel the announcement channel...that's the one everyone gets put in soon as they enter the server. I've tested this and the regular user can key up to talk and I hear them even with my V or push to talk button pressed for me (admin) talking. I've even tried changing admin flags to "z" that didn't work.
I told you hooking clients VOICE KEY is not possible.

You can create a channel that req. admin flags. Change CVAR vc_announcer_channel_id to that channels ID. Get Channel IDs by sm_vcl or !vcl

If you like to talk to all and muted everyone, goto that channel. The Mute and speak all effectis active until you are disconnecting or switch to another channel.

Channel ID system:
"0" = first channel
"1" = secound channel
"2" = third channel

Needed CVARs:
// Only change if you like to create an announcer channel channel (-1=no announcer channel)
vc_announcer_channel_id "0"

// Additional to vc_announcer_channel_id (0=speak to all; 1=speak to all and mute everyone else; 2=speak to all and listen all)
vc_announcer_mode "1"

Last edited by zipcore; 12-12-2011 at 15:18.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-12-2011 , 18:15   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Channel Manager V2 (Last Updated 08-Dec-2011)
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipcore View Post
I told you hooking clients VOICE KEY is not possible.

Yeah I know what was discussed I figured this addition was close to what I was looking for. Now here is another question you may know - you say hooking clients VOICE KEY is not possible yet the voice passes thru the server so therefore there is perhaps another way to control the voice flow thru the server - I may look at other options as this is really something that would come in handy!

Yeah I just think this is something a good bit different than what I'm looking for to control annoying disruptions when an Admin is talking or say when another user is talking. You often times see others key up voice to be annoying and this is something I'd love to prevent.

Thanks for trying though
StrikerMan780
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-16-2011 , 22:19   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Channel Manager V2 (Last Updated 08-Dec-2011)
Reply With Quote #49

Still getting the Invalid memory access error on 2.3, just letting you know.
poppin-fresh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-17-2011 , 10:30   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Channel Manager V2 (Last Updated 08-Dec-2011)
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerMan780 View Post
Still getting the Invalid memory access error on 2.3, just letting you know.