Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Damage report/stats (1.1.13)

Post New Thread Reply   

Noobtastic
Old 12-21-2007 , 19:40   Re: Damage report
Reply With Quote #11

This is absolutely going in the right direction in my opinion .

One feature, which I now see I wasn't really clear about in my wishlist, is the autoshow on death feature, and the ability to turn it off. I meant that each individual player should be able to choose whether to have it on or off. This would involve using a data storage system like in the advanced C4 timer plugin I guess. And I imagine that that would take a lot of work .

Anyway, nice work so far, I'm keeping my eye on this thread .
LocutusH
Old 12-22-2007 , 04:36   Re: Damage report
Reply With Quote #12

Shouldnt there be "dmg" instead of "hp"?

Its a bit confusing right now, IMO

A question: Is there a setting to write this in chat area, or does it only work in popup?
tcviper
Veteran Member
Old 12-22-2007 , 05:10   Re: Damage report
Reply With Quote #13

If you can gemini try look at my hp_left source code for the colored chat lines ;) if you need any help im on irc.

Here it is: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...ighlight=basic

Especially with final battleground added to a server in chat would be a better option.

Last edited by tcviper; 12-22-2007 at 05:12.
Send a message via MSN to tcviper
Gemeni
Old 12-22-2007 , 06:47   Re: Damage report
Reply With Quote #14

Noobtastic - That would be good to learn anyway ... so i will look into it ... Again ... thanks for adding a screenshot.

LocutusH - Confusing?! You are easilly confused ;) But I agree with you ... I'll change it to dmg To write this in chat area instead would be really easy ... Might add that option as well. But my opinion is that chat area is spammed enough ...

tcviper - I really like people saying ... check my code, I might have something you can use in it! But waht exactyl did yo have in mind? Making it two colors like yours? "final battlegound"? You lost me there ;)
Gemeni
Old 12-24-2007 , 19:19   Re: Damage report
Reply With Quote #15

Updated ...

Added option to turn it on and off
Added option to print in menu (popup) or Chat

All output in chat is in green
LocutusH
Old 12-25-2007 , 09:37   Re: Damage report
Reply With Quote #16

We have tested your plugin on our sm testserver, and i must say, it works good

1-2 minor things tough:

1. Get these errors sometimes in the logs:
L 12/25/2007 - 14:10:04: Info (map "de_westwood") (file "errors_20071225.log")
L 12/25/2007 - 14:10:04: [SM] Native "GetClientAuthString" reported: Client index 0 is invalid
L 12/25/2007 - 14:10:04: [SM] Debug mode is not enabled for "gem_damage_report.smx"
L 12/25/2007 - 14:10:04: [SM] To enable debug mode, edit plugin_settings.cfg, or type: sm plugins debug 41 on
L 12/25/2007 - 14:13:06: Error log file session closed.

2. The popup screen has no exit option, therefore we MUST wait for it to disappear. This should be fixed, or give an option to set the visiblity seconds.

3. The CHAT area needs to be simplified, because its too much spammed with all the lines. You need to add the dmg stats very simple, without any additional --- lines.

4. Alter hp to dmg Btw, add phrases file, so we can translate everything.

5. Is the most destructive msg on every round end from this plugin? If so, we also need a translation for that. (sorry if not, it may come from hlstatsx too, i dont know)

6. Add a simplified chat command for the settings, that brings up the menu. Maybe !damage, to be easyer for users comfortable with mani servers. /damage_report help is a little complicated to use.

Anyways, the plugin stays on our server. Just what we need
Gemeni
Old 12-26-2007 , 06:48   Re: Damage report
Reply With Quote #17

Thanks for the excellent feedback ...

1) Ill look into the getauth error ... Not sure right now where it comes from ...
2) The exit option ... Press 1 or 2 (the yellow options attacker or victim) and the pop up will close ... I might as well add an exit option. The reason I havn't so far is to save space ... can only show 512 characters in the window. And I wont start with pagination ... then it's not nice and simple anymore ...

3) Will remove lines ... Chat area is not really wnything I given much though to. It was just a request i tried to fullfill I'll strip it as much as possible.
4) Hrm ... didnt I say I would change hp to dmg already? Did I forget? Phrases ... hrm ... translate?! I'm so norrowminded that I think everyone play the game in english :p I'll look into it.
5) Yes ... Most destructive message comes from the plugin as well.
6) Menus *lol* you can use !damage_report help if that is easier

Last edited by Gemeni; 12-26-2007 at 06:52.
LocutusH
Old 12-26-2007 , 07:50   Re: Damage report
Reply With Quote #18

LocutusH
Old 01-01-2008 , 08:25   Re: Damage report
Reply With Quote #19

Just discovered another bug.

If the player did not get on map end the killstats (he was not dead), the next maps first round is added to this, and the stats are displayed together.

This happens also, if there was an mp_restartgame while playing. The stats from round before dont get deleted, and these are added to the new rounds stats.

Maybe you should check to delete the stats on mapend, and roundend also Not only if the stats are displayed.
Gemeni
Old 01-01-2008 , 13:43   Re: Damage report
Reply With Quote #20

Thanks a bunch for the feedback. Added a reset of all damage data on round start. That should take care of this.

Haven't had much time over xmas and new year to work on this stuff. There will be a new release hopefully in a couple of days ...

Weird thing though is that we dont get that GetClientAuthString error that you reported ...