Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

SieghartCL
Old 08-28-2021 , 16:44   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #551

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrblz View Post
Well, our LAN night was a success. I ended up using Shao's custom version of Superversus with no player management together with ABM. I literally tested multiple types of plugins and scenarios with bots and with 2 player survivors before the LAN game to try to find any possible potential problems. Originally I started with a listen server then switched to dedicated windows server.

Helm's deep map only worked with l4d2 survivors even with stripper config, but it was a minor issue. Player models worked pretty good, only issue I ran into was if I manually changed a players model with character chat select, their model was reset next map. I've narrowed it down to turning on cookies. I wish I knew where this cookie was stored to reset it, turning it back to 1 restores my default character that I have chosen, even when changing to another survivor. With cookies off, manually changing a survivor model seems to stick through the next map.
Character friendly fire quotes sometimes didn't happen for the 5+ survivors, regardless of survivor model. I was using scene adjustments plugin.

I didn't think about disabling or modifying friendly fire damage, that was an issue we ran into while playing with that many people. I see that there is a plugin to disable ff, but what is the advantage of using the plugins when there are already variables for it?
I'll keep testing other plugin combos but it can get very tedious and the setup works more or less ok.

Maybe I'll do a guide sometime in the future for simple LAN games.

Edit: 8 survivor plugin guide here.
Hey man, thanks for your advice!

I just used this plugin combination, and worked almost 100% without much specific configurations Some problems that I found out and I would like to fix during this test:

- There are a lot of times when the 1st wave of SI spawns, there are 4 copies of a same class. Is there any way to prevent this, and make every SI be unique at the moment they spawn?
- When the 1st game was loaded as a coop, and changed mid-game to versus, I noticed a bug that prevented the game to finish 1st stage and change teams (surv to inf, and inf to surv). This stopped happening when I changed the gamemode and then the map (being lobby game load or in-game with map change afterwards). Do you know if this always happens this way, or if there's any way to prevent it happen?

Besides that, everything works well! I just have some doubts on which infected health config I should use, considering that both ABM and Super Versus have similar configs. Could I leave just one of these going on, like Super Versus one, where you can modify other SI besides Tank health?

Any other advices would be greatly appreciatte it, so I can have that dreamed server I always looked for :')
sbrblz
Old 08-30-2021 , 01:06   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #552

Quote:
Originally Posted by SieghartCL View Post
Hey man, thanks for your advice!

I just used this plugin combination, and worked almost 100% without much specific configurations Some problems that I found out and I would like to fix during this test:

- There are a lot of times when the 1st wave of SI spawns, there are 4 copies of a same class. Is there any way to prevent this, and make every SI be unique at the moment they spawn?
- When the 1st game was loaded as a coop, and changed mid-game to versus, I noticed a bug that prevented the game to finish 1st stage and change teams (surv to inf, and inf to surv). This stopped happening when I changed the gamemode and then the map (being lobby game load or in-game with map change afterwards). Do you know if this always happens this way, or if there's any way to prevent it happen?

Besides that, everything works well! I just have some doubts on which infected health config I should use, considering that both ABM and Super Versus have similar configs. Could I leave just one of these going on, like Super Versus one, where you can modify other SI besides Tank health?

Any other advices would be greatly appreciatte it, so I can have that dreamed server I always looked for :')
Hey, that's good to hear. Some of the issues I mentioned in my previous post have been fixed in my guide. Have you taken a look at my config files for ABM/SuperVersus from my guide? Since ABM also has zombie difficulty scaling options, you have to disable/modify those to use in conjuction with SuperVersus's features. Namely, these options:
PHP Code:
abm_autohard "0"
abm_tankchunkhp "0" 
I can't say I've had 4 copies of the same SI spawn in a campaign game before.

Unfortunately I don't play versus so I haven't done any testing on that game mode, however I do know when changing the game mode to another without exiting the game is to change the game mode first using
PHP Code:
sm_cvar mp_gamemode 
then use the changelevel command or similar one to change to the desired map, even if it's the same map on another game mode. I do this when changing from coop campaign to survival for example.

Last edited by sbrblz; 08-30-2021 at 01:07.
VYRNACH_GAMING
Old 10-27-2021 , 03:13   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #553

really awesome plugin when used with Shao's modified superversus and infectedbots plugin. However, I noticed an issue with people not being able to join unless they type !join multiple times in chat. This mostly happens on big 16+ player servers. Anyone have any ideas? I already set joinmenu to 0
Edit: suspecting it's related to the server running out of slots as they have been taken up by infected bots

Last edited by VYRNACH_GAMING; 10-27-2021 at 03:28.
mav
Old 10-28-2021 , 02:31   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #554

Hi,

For having L4D2 survivors on L4D1 campaigns, I would modify all of the mission files of the campaigns to be Survivor Set 2 so I could have the best of both worlds. This would be fine up until I started to use ABM. With both "automodel" and "identityfix" to 0 or 1, the L4D2 survivors are voiced by L4D1's and there's a mix of their own bugs with each combination--shared names, shared models, differing viewarms, etc.

What would be the most optimal way to achieve getting true L4D2 survivors (even if it's solely client side) functionality in L4D1 campaigns?
Shadowysn
Old 10-28-2021 , 10:29   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #555

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav View Post
snip
Enforcing L4D2 voices and ensuring the game code treats both survivor sets as seperate characters on every single map is possible with DeathChaos25's forceset plugin.
Keep in mind it needs Left 4 DHooks to work, though.

(Annoyingly, forceset still hasn't been uploaded to the main plugins list.
Mission and Weapons - Info Editor can actually do this too, but that's only one of it's secondary purposes, plus it's never explained. So people who want a quick and easy fix are out of luck.)

The other way to get the L4D2 survivor's arms and icons to work besides manually editing the mission files themselves is using the Mission and Weapons - Info Editor plugin.
(The Info Editor plugin is a better long-term choice as you don't have to edit each mission file of every campaign, including needing to repack the vpks of custom maps.)

And even then, the arms and icons only work for you, the host of the server.
Other people will still see the L4D1 arms and icons, or if you edited manually then they may not even be able to join.
If you just want to play 8 survivors by yourself though, it's not a problem.

TL;DR Use forceset for an easier setup but no arms and icons. Or Mission and Weapons - Info Editor to fix the arms and icons for yourself only.

Last edited by Shadowysn; 10-28-2021 at 12:55.
mav
Old 10-28-2021 , 12:16   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowysn View Post
snip
I know that those tools can work, however what I would do originally is make people download the modded mission files as well. It used to work perfectly, despite it being scuffed and taboo in terms of how things are done.

Basically, ABM doesn't work well with that method. I like seeing the Mission and Weapon editor, but I wonder if there are any methods at all that will work for my friends as well as me.
Shadowysn
Old 10-28-2021 , 12:54   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #557

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav View Post
snip
Oh, okay.
Unfortunately, your method is the only one that works with you and your friends.
Also, ABM by itself doesn't really change the active survivor set.

I saw a few people complain about it, but nothing else could be done due to the arms and icons being controlled clientsided by the mission file on the current machine, so yeah.

Last edited by Shadowysn; 10-28-2021 at 12:58.
mav
Old 10-28-2021 , 15:52   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowysn View Post
snip2
Sorry for the inconveniencing. I ended up realizing I forgot to put the .vpk bundle that featured all of the mission changes in the addons folder of my server. I didn't realize that was actually important, but it is and it resolved all of my issues.

Last edited by mav; 10-28-2021 at 15:52.
canadianjeff
BANNED
Old 11-10-2021 , 23:26   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #559

this plugin seems to offer taking over of infected players even with the cvar to disable that
mav
Old 11-14-2021 , 14:18   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #560

Last post I'll make, since I believe every single aspect of my server is ironed out except for one thing,

I know it's pretty normal for it to happen, half of the survivors being "killed" as soon as the campaign ends so that 4 live, but I wonder if there's any way to circumvent that, any plugins directly causing it or a plugin to prevent it from happening.