Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] PropHunt 1.93

Post New Thread Reply   

Windroid
Old 07-18-2013 , 01:39   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1081

The control point A of cp_degrootkeep can't be captured when I installed prophunt.How can I fix it?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-18-2013 , 03:40   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Whilst looking through the code, I noticed this bit of commented-out code. What is this for, and why does it look like something coded in to prevent the plugin from working on certain servers?

PHP Code:
public APLRes:AskPluginLoad2(Handle:myselfbool:lateString:error[], err_max)
{

decl String:hostname[255], String:ip[32], String:port[8]; //, String:map[92];

GetConVarString(FindConVar("hostname"), hostnamesizeof(hostname));

GetConVarString(FindConVar("ip"), ipsizeof(ip));

GetConVarString(FindConVar("hostport"), portsizeof(port));

if(
StrContains(hostname"GamingMasters.co.uk"false) != -1)
    {
        if(
StrContains(hostname"PropHunt"false) == -&& StrContains(hostname"Arena"false) == -&& StrContains(hostname"Dark"false) == -&&

StrContains(ip"8.9.4.169"false) == -1)
        return 
APLRes_SilentFailure;
    }
    return 
APLRes_Success;

Mmm, it was something DarkImmortal put it to block people from impersonating his server in the stats compiled version. Not that anyone who had stats.inc couldn't just remove that check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windroid View Post
The control point A of cp_degrootkeep can't be captured when I installed prophunt.How can I fix it?
This plugin shouldn't even be running on degrootkeep... it unloads itself if it can't find a prop configuration file for the current map.
Old 07-18-2013 , 05:29   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Mmm, it was something DarkImmortal put it to block people from impersonating his server in the stats compiled version. Not that anyone who had stats.inc couldn't just remove that check.
This has nothing at all to do with impersonation. As far as I can remember... It was added as a hack back when GM had a forked TF2 Installation and prevents the plugin from being loaded at all on other servers.

The earliest copy of PropHunt I have with it in is from 29/04/2010, version 1.66
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 07-18-2013 , 17:46   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geit View Post
This has nothing at all to do with impersonation. As far as I can remember... It was added as a hack back when GM had a forked TF2 Installation and prevents the plugin from being loaded at all on other servers.

The earliest copy of PropHunt I have with it in is from 29/04/2010, version 1.66
Well the code is in the current version, just commented out.

It is useful though, in regards to the whole hostname/IP thing. Obvious any plugins with this code being used to make the plugin fail on certain servers would not be approved, but I find it very, very useful for setting up server-specific things for the group I work for.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 07-18-2013 at 17:48.
Windroid
Old 07-19-2013 , 03:23   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post

This plugin shouldn't even be running on degrootkeep... it unloads itself if it can't find a prop configuration file for the current map.

But I still can't capture the point in degrootkeep,even unloaded the plugin,i have to move the plugin to the disabled plugin folder to fix it,so strange.
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-19-2013 , 04:46   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1086

I've determined that the players getting stuck issue begins here: https://github.com/powerlord/sourcem...phunt.sp#L2081

For whatever reason, the g_RoundOver variable is sometimes not being set to true, and the movetype logic for props is never called.
Old 07-19-2013 , 09:10   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1087

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiDeD View Post
I've determined that the players getting stuck issue begins here: https://github.com/powerlord/sourcem...phunt.sp#L2081

For whatever reason, the g_RoundOver variable is sometimes not being set to true, and the movetype logic for props is never called.
Do you have any other plugins that modify the arena_win_panel event?

For that matter, I'm not sure why plugins like this one use that instead of teamplay_round_win anyway...
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-19-2013 , 16:02   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1088

Powerlord, I compiled your version 2.08 and I am still having round issues where on random maps the blu team isn't frozen on round start.

Would it be simpler to do an on round start cron or event to do a command like sm_freeze @blu 30 seconds?

I really need to get this fixed.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-19-2013 , 17:24   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull3 View Post
Powerlord, I compiled your version 2.08 and I am still having round issues where on random maps the blu team isn't frozen on round start.

Would it be simpler to do an on round start cron or event to do a command like sm_freeze @blu 30 seconds?

I really need to get this fixed.
I made some other changes a few minutes ago that may address this (and also the issue with players getting stuck frozen VoiDeD mentioned), but they're definitely in the "needs testing because I may have completely broken things" type of thing and I haven't left work yet.

...needs testing especially since I don't know what the winreason values teamplay_round_win throws for Arena... they may be identical to what arena_win_panel uses or they may not be.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-19-2013 at 17:28.
Pitbull3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-19-2013 , 17:35   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1090

I'm happy to test and tell you.. I've got 2 locations Dallas & London where I have PropHunt servers and they are gaining popularity which is why I need to get it working.

If you would add me to friends via steam so I can more easily tell you if its fixed or not.. that would be great. (Not going to spam you or anything, just would love to get this working asap.)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pitbull3/