Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

sourcebans 1.4.1 release doesn't make admins to each server

Post New Thread Reply   

Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 06-10-2015 , 02:03   sourcebans 1.4.1 release doesn't make admins to each server
Reply With Quote #1

2 servers,

one previous one windows and one new one on linux. the previous one ran sourcebans just fine with ID 1
the new server doesn't really run well,(ID 2) it runs with the console from sourcebans and thats it. it displays the players etc but thats all.

if i goto sourcebans and pick what server access the admin has onto the new server it does nothing.
if i empty my admins.cfg and do reload from the sourcebans or in game nothing happends. i restarted the server multiple times and it says sourcebans is running.

so i can use sourcebans console on the new server and have it display server players, and changed the ID to the correct number. but thats it

Last edited by Robin955; 06-10-2015 at 02:15.
Ownage Gaming
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-10-2015 , 04:34   Re: sourcebans 1.4.1 release doesn't make admins to each server
Reply With Quote #2

You check your configs on the new server? Been a while since I set mine up but if I remember correctly you can't just copy and paste those configs since some of them relate specifically to your server.

Kinda sounds like mysql is having issues though, might want to check that file.

Was your original game server on the same server as your mysql database? Is your new server on the same one as well? If not then the address 127.0.0.1 won't work and you have to allow external connections to your mysql database.
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 06-11-2015 , 16:00   Re: sourcebans 1.4.1 release doesn't make admins to each server
Reply With Quote #3

hm had to remove outside connections from the database and then re-add it.

NFO is starting to get a bit annoying on their databases.

Last edited by Robin955; 06-11-2015 at 16:16.