12% 

[ANY] LMAOban

Post New Thread Reply   

Aderic
Old 01-18-2015 , 06:08   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaiz View Post
I'm not using this plugin because it would cause lots of unjustified bans, however what I was saying is that I believe only the "Free" version of LMAOBOX spams binds and not the premium, or paid, version.
No, it would not cause a lot of unjustified bans.. in fact it would cause no unjustified bans if you used it correctly.

Secondly, both premium and free LMAOBOX will spam binds.
Old 01-18-2015 , 10:01   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderic View Post
No, it would not cause a lot of unjustified bans.. in fact it would cause no unjustified bans if you used it correctly.

Secondly, both premium and free LMAOBOX will spam binds.
I don't think you understand what I was saying. Some people who aren't actually using the program will use the bind as an attempt to troll or whatever you want to call it. Sometimes they hit the bind when someone accuses them of hacking. What I'm getting at is a person could get themselves banned, unjustly, because they used a bind that this plugin detects. Let me reemphasize that they aren't actually hacking.

It's your plugin so write it how you want, but in my opinion you would see it used on more servers if instead it banned after it detected the binds being used every .5 seconds or whatever the interval is rather than instant ban after the first detection.
Old 01-18-2015 , 10:12   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
I don't think you understand what I was saying. Some people who aren't actually using the program will use the bind as an attempt to troll or whatever you want to call it. Sometimes they hit the bind when someone accuses them of hacking. What I'm getting at is a person could get themselves banned, unjustly, because they used a bind that this plugin detects. Let me reemphasize that they aren't actually hacking.

It's your plugin so write it how you want, but in my opinion you would see it used on more servers if instead it banned after it detected the binds being used every .5 seconds or whatever the interval is rather than instant ban after the first detection.
I'd rather have it effect the trolling player and allow me the opportunity to sift thru the bans if they appeal or whatever than someone getting away with using the function and causing all hell to breakout when nobody is on the server that can stop it.
Would be no different than someone "trolling" or "pretending" to scam someone when you don't really know or it could really be a scam just them now using that excuse to get away with it or out of punishment.
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 01-18-2015 , 10:16   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
I'd rather have it effect the trolling player and allow me the opportunity to sift thru the bans if they appeal or whatever than someone getting away with using the function and causing all hell to breakout when nobody is on the server that can stop it.
Would be no different than someone "trolling" or "pretending" to scam someone when you don't really know or it could really be a scam just them now using that excuse to get away with it or out of punishment.
You could also trick someone into typing it causing them to get banned. "say this in chat and get a free item"

Last edited by Sreaper; 01-18-2015 at 10:16.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-18-2015 , 10:27   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
You could also trick someone into typing it causing them to get banned. "say this in chat and get a free item"
Or you could trick someone into saying anything that violates other server related rules.

In this case I don't see the problem to be on the safe side and if the server is managed properly that user won't really get banned very long either and will quickly learn not to be taken as a fool.
Aderic
Old 01-18-2015 , 12:54   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:

That's why I recommend leaving the thing operating the way it does out of the box; detecting the full string that only people using LMAOBOX would know about rather than banning for anyone mentioning the URL for LMAOBOX.

The objective for this plugin wasn't to ban people for mentioning it... it was to provide detection for people turning on the bot. It would provide earlier detection than an aimbot module IF.. and only if the bot was set to spam chat.

I will (later in this week) add in ban support for earlier versions of SourceBans.

Quote:
That would be true if the plugin was set to detect the URL. We have to hope server players aren't that gullible, also you probably don't want trolls like that on your server to begin with.

Last edited by Aderic; 01-18-2015 at 13:05.
Stylee32
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-28-2015 , 07:37   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
I will (later in this week) add in ban support for earlier versions of SourceBans.
Any updates?
Aderic
Old 01-28-2015 , 07:39   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylee32 View Post
Any updates?
I'll see what I can get going here shortly.

I have to set up a local server and the works... I gave my server up.

Edit: I'll try to get it set up over the next couple of days.

Last edited by Aderic; 01-28-2015 at 07:40.
Stylee32
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-28-2015 , 11:39   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #59

Quote:
I'll see what I can get going here shortly.

I have to set up a local server and the works... I gave my server up.

Edit: I'll try to get it set up over the next couple of days.
Here's an older lmaoban if it helps
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (lmaoban.sp - 101 views - 2.3 KB)
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 01-28-2015 , 15:11   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #60

Quote:
Then the person would be banned from the server for including the offensive message in his chat message. I don't quite understand this logic really.

"SAY THIS TO GET AN ITEM"
< player got banned off of the server >
"wut"