Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

How to remove specmenu?

Post New Thread Reply   

thEsp
BANNED
Old 03-12-2019 , 15:00   Re: How to remove specmenu?
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat1k View Post
Basically you can't do anything with the client if he has a no-steam client.
Yes indeed. And that's cool
iNvectus
Old 03-13-2019 , 04:19   Re: How to remove specmenu?
Reply With Quote #12

I think there was a way, not sure if steam-only though, to block messages towards the client.
Take a look at:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=832880
and to quote fysiks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
The only available option to disable messages like that is the auto-help feature. To disable it, simply change the value of the "_ah" cvar in your config file to zero (0).

I'm not entirely sure that it works but it is the only thing that I know of that might work. If it doesn't work then I would guess you can't disable it because it is a client-side feature.
rtxa
Old 03-13-2019 , 12:56   Re: How to remove specmenu?
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thEsp View Post
Do not be rude, anyways you cannot change client's config if server and client isn't no-steam.
Sorry, but your way of response make me get angry. Now, about that you can not change client's config when server is no-steam and even the client, is not completely true. In fact, no-steam clients (with old builds), are not protected of some cvars that can be harmful if changed from server-side. Last steam client's are protected from those.

PHP Code:
client_print(idprint_center""); 
I explain you why to use this code, to clean that "Press DUCK to menu spectator" that comes from client-side, you have to send from server-side a center message to the player, but this time it has to be empty, then it will show nothing in screen, that will do the job.
thEsp
BANNED
Old 03-13-2019 , 14:42   Re: How to remove specmenu?
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtxa View Post
Sorry, but your way of response make me get angry. Now, about that you can not change client's config when server is no-steam and even the client, is not completely true. In fact, no-steam clients (with old builds), are not protected of some cvars that can be harmful if changed from server-side. Last steam client's are protected from those.

PHP Code:
client_print(idprint_center""); 
I explain you why to use this code, to clean that "Press DUCK to menu spectator" that comes from client-side, you have to send from server-side a center message to the player, but this time it has to be empty, then it will show nothing in screen, that will do the job.
Your result of hard worked code:
Result of game: Press DUCK to open menu spectator
Are you satisfied now? ツ
Old 03-13-2019, 22:56
fysiks
This message has been deleted by fysiks. Reason: nvm