Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Issues with AMXX and Sturmbots (dod)

Post New Thread Reply   

cyko
Old 05-03-2004 , 11:48   Issues with AMXX and Sturmbots (dod)
Reply With Quote #1

I've been running amxx for quite some time now and I've been very pleased with it. However, there is only one small issue that somewhat bothers me and I was hoping that someone may be able to help me.

I use the mysql plugin to auth my admins on my dod server. I also run Sturmbots which keeps 6 bots active on my server at all times - so my currentplayers is never below 6.

If I connect to the server while bots are in there, none of my admins can access any of the amxx commands until map change. Oddly enough, if there are 6 'real' people playing on the server (meaning no bots connected at the time since there are 6 real people connected) and any admin connects, admin works fine.

There are no errors or anything. It is just the annoyance of not being able to access amxx commands if you connect to the server while a bot is still in the server.

If I need to elaborate more, I'll be certainly glad to.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Basic
Old 05-03-2004 , 15:50  
Reply With Quote #2

the only thing I can figure is amxx is recognizing the bots as loopback IP and giving them full admin access in effect. So your admin slots, which if Im not mistaken is defined by a number in amxx.cfg are being used up by the bots. I havent used amxx and sturmbot yet. Im debating whether or not I want to.

In fact maybe you can answer this for me, do the bots lag the server out at all??

Thats my main concern.

NS| Forums
cyko
Old 05-04-2004 , 09:51  
Reply With Quote #3

I've used sturmbots for about 7mo now. Only problem I see with them is that they will raise your CPU usage a bit. I've been happy with them. They keep both my pubs quite full all the time.

On a side note, there is no admin access for loopback. All the admin sql table has are STEAMIDs. Very very strange. I was hoping one of the devs would take a look at this or maybe clear this up as to why this is happening.
pendragon
Old 05-04-2004 , 12:28  
Reply With Quote #4

I've had the same problme and have posted that problem in amxx forums, amx forums, and sturmbot forums.

cyko is right - that there is no loopback for the bots because i have allways authenticated via steam IDs in both my amx and amxx servers and used both a user.ini file and now use a sql table for my admin auth. This problem is not only limited to admins but also normal players. Basically if amx_who doesnt see the player... then the player doesnt exist or is a bot in its eyes. Thus if an admin isn't listed in amx_who, then he doesnt get rights....if a normal guest isnt listed in amx_who then you can NOT execute amx commands on them.

I i posted this problem in sturmbot.net's forums RIGHT before the website went down (its been down for like 2 months now). The only other sturmbot site around is www.sturmbot.de - so unless you speak german - you aint gonna get any info on this topic.
Unfortunately i just deal with it and haven't found a fix for this (aside from disabling sturmbot).