Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Server freezing?

Post New Thread Reply   

cwacura2001
Old 05-02-2004 , 23:36   Server freezing?
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys great forums and site you guys have. K off to my problem. I have run about 3 seperate dedicated CS servers for the last few years. All of which i used adminmod on. So i decided to give AMX a try. My current server is a CZero box and it gets random freezes throughout the day. I rent from Recongamer and without the AMX v0.16 installed or Metamod v1.17X3 it runs smooth and has no hangups. It is a windows box. Once i install AMX and Metamod everything loads fine and I am running only out of the box modules. All things run smoothly but randomly the whole server will just lock up and the only way i can restart it is through ReconGamer's online account control where I actually restart the box. It might happen like once in 2 days or 3 times in a 1 hour period. There seems to be no particular incident that triggers it either. What kinda logs could i provide you guys with to help find the problem? Where would they be found. I have the AMX logs and server logs but dont see any errors the log just stops abruptly and continues when i reboot the box?

I have taken he mods backl off and have not had a problem since but I really like AMX and its ease of use compared to adminmod etc. Plus the built in stats and plugins seem to be very nicely done. Hope you guys can help? And once agin thx for any support you may have for me.

Let me know what i can provide that might clear up any questions you guys might have.
cwacura2001
Old 05-03-2004 , 21:08  
Reply With Quote #2

No thoughts . What else can i provide for you guys that would help me in my delemma. m I saw that one reported bug is that the shield might cuase your server to crash? Is this accurate?
DoKaPon
Old 05-03-2004 , 23:23  
Reply With Quote #3

My Server also have this problems with AMXX too. Randomly crashed between 20mins to 2 hrs on CZERO server. But now i tried restrict the
shield, the problems seem improved. last time server crash is 1 and half day. Then, i didn't reboot the window and start the server again. up to now server run over 2days already, no crash ! hope keeping on no crash.
Send a message via ICQ to DoKaPon Send a message via MSN to DoKaPon