Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

update broke us

Post New Thread Reply   

friagram
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2013 , 16:12   Re: update broke us
Reply With Quote #11

well if you did use modulus and you only accepted even numbered delimiter pairs, it would by far filter out most "stupid" mistakes, and "bacon sandwich" would fail outright, since it would split into an odd number (1 string)

Also this:

new count = ExplodeString(att, " ; ", atts, 32, 32);

should be:

new count = ExplodeString(att, ";", atts, 32, 32);

As far as I know, atoi discards whitespace leading up to the number, and then discards everything after the nubmer it finds, so I assume stringtoint does the same.

Last edited by friagram; 08-29-2013 at 16:17.
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-29-2013 , 18:04   Re: update broke us
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
and then stringtoint checking if count > 1, you assume pairs, and stringtoint auto sanitizes returning zero (which could also cause the attribute zero problem, but .. oh well)
This actually becomes an issue with how ff2 builds attribute strings for bosses.

Although I'm not sure if the most recent public version does this, but some old version (and my forked version) of the FF2 code will concat a bosses attribs with some hardcoded attribs in the plugin.

So if a boss is being given a weapon with blank attribs, the final string will be something like "2 ; <something> ; 49 ; <somevalue> ; " (attribs completely from memory, but emphasis on the final semicolon and whitespace).

Now when the item code runs through whatever gets exploded, an empty string is passed to StringToInt, and that returns 0 and the code interprets that as attrib 0 and it all explodes.
Old 08-29-2013 , 18:10   Re: update broke us
Reply With Quote #13

many people have used 25 ; 0 in their bosses config ... why? if this is illegal????
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-29-2013 , 18:14   Re: update broke us
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
many people have used 25 ; 0 in their bosses config ... why? if this is illegal????
It's the attrib index that causes the issue, not the attrib value. 25 is the index, 0 is the value. "0 ; 25" would cause issues.
Old 08-29-2013 , 18:39   Re: update broke us
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiDeD View Post
This actually becomes an issue with how ff2 builds attribute strings for bosses.

Although I'm not sure if the most recent public version does this, but some old version (and my forked version) of the FF2 code will concat a bosses attribs with some hardcoded attribs in the plugin.

So if a boss is being given a weapon with blank attribs, the final string will be something like "2 ; <something> ; 49 ; <somevalue> ; " (attribs completely from memory, but emphasis on the final semicolon and whitespace).

Now when the item code runs through whatever gets exploded, an empty string is passed to StringToInt, and that returns 0 and the code interprets that as attrib 0 and it all explodes.
As far as I'm aware, all public versions of FF2 concat hard-coded attributes for melee weapons.

Speaking of public versions, do you have a public source code repo for your version somewhere?
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2013 , 19:07   Re: update broke us
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiDeD View Post
It's the attrib index that causes the issue, not the attrib value. 25 is the index, 0 is the value. "0 ; 25" would cause issues.

crap, then I had no violations in any of the boss configs

Last edited by BBG_Theory; 08-29-2013 at 19:51.
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-30-2013 , 00:35   Re: update broke us
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Speaking of public versions, do you have a public source code repo for your version somewhere?
My version isn't public, but I can probably share specific bits of mine if they're not Trade Secrets™.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
crap, then I had no violations in any of the boss configs
I think most public boss configs are generally okay, it's the FF2 plugin code that's causing the issues.

Last edited by VoiDeD; 08-30-2013 at 00:39.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2013 , 06:51   Re: update broke us
Reply With Quote #18

It concats like 3 attribs.. Damage 2.0, cap rate 2.0 ad fall stomp damage 1.0
When parsing it, it would return 6 values from a null string if concatenated
6%2 is 0...

Quote:
5%2 is 1.. In this example

So, it would skip it. Though, it should never be concatenating a semicolon at the end... Because it only appends the static prefab string to the custom string (from what i have seen)

I removd this long ago, because bosses with multi weapons would get like +extra cap, and scout bosses onky need +1...

However, this is only done for the boss. The spawn weapon stuff would still cause problems for people.

Fall stomp does not work by the way, ff2 cancels fall damage in ontakedamage hook, therefore nullifying this effect. You could mabye get around this and enable boot stomp and add in the no fall damage attirb from pocket pistol.. I did not try.

Last edited by friagram; 08-30-2013 at 06:58.