Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

FF2 BackGround Music Carrying Over Into Next Round/Freak

Post New Thread Reply   

MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2013 , 10:48   BackGround Music Carrying Over Into Next Round/Freak
Reply With Quote #1

As the title suggests. Anyone else getting this and a fix? Say Bart goes with his funky song it still plays when go to next Freak like Arnold . Annoying. I searched but couldn't find anyone else getting this?
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2013 , 11:04   Re: BackGround Music Carrying Over Into Next Round/Freak
Reply With Quote #2

If you suicide at round start itl happen every time, unless you patch ff2 to stopsound regardless, or use an alternate music delivery system. It will also happen if you are not using bgm to play music, as only bgm is stopped.
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2013 , 21:54   Re: BackGround Music Carrying Over Into Next Round/Freak
Reply With Quote #3

I mentioned this a LONG time ago... also can happen if the boss quits right away from being assigned it, or suicides like Friagram said
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2013 , 08:51   Re: BackGround Music Carrying Over Into Next Round/Freak
Reply With Quote #4

Seems like as long as the boss suicides, not just at the beginning of the round, it'll also cause it.
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2013 , 14:36   Re: BackGround Music Carrying Over Into Next Round/Freak
Reply With Quote #5

It's because the stopsound native checks through the bosses keyvalues to see if they have bgm, and then extracts the bgm from there to stop it. If it can't find the boss because he suicided, or because he left the game, it cant stop the sound.

A simple fix is to store the bgm globally in a string, and then just call stopsound on that string, then the sound will always be stopped if it is playing.

Another option that is more hacky, is to override the client's sound system by doing something like fakeclientcommand play vo/null.wav, which should stop any music also, but might not always work.

Last edited by friagram; 08-17-2013 at 14:37.