Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[ANY] SteamWorks

Post New Thread Reply   

Mathias.
Veteran Member
Old 02-02-2015 , 16:46   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #271

so what the difference between steamwork and steamtools except of that steamtools is only for tf2. Does any of them offer different features?

Also is the HTTP protocol used by this extension is it wrote by you are it just wrapper functions of the steamwork API (from valve)?
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 02-02-2015 , 23:12   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Rabbit View Post
so what the difference between steamwork and steamtools except of that steamtools is only for tf2. Does any of them offer different features?

Also is the HTTP protocol used by this extension is it wrote by you are it just wrapper functions of the steamwork API (from valve)?
This one is compiled against the official SteamWorks SDK, instead of a reverse-engineered version. It's "better" and supports more games. This one offers a few different features, but also doesn't offer a few features I believe.

Yes, the HTTP stuff provided by this extension just wraps SteamWorks' stuff.

-------------------

On another topic, a native to grab the server's current SteamID would be pretty great.
Old 02-03-2015 , 11:04   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
This one is compiled against the official SteamWorks SDK, instead of a reverse-engineered version. It's "better" and supports more games. This one offers a few different features, but also doesn't offer a few features I believe.

Yes, the HTTP stuff provided by this extension just wraps SteamWorks' stuff.

-------------------

On another topic, a native to grab the server's current SteamID would be pretty great.
Alrite this is awesome, I will consider using this for my http protocol instead of sockets (having issues with it and source code seem to be down and one of the issue is the limit of host of 64 char and sometime cloud dns goes above it)

I just read about that we need to update the steamclient ourself, any idea if it be possible to have an autoupdater in the extension to download the lastest version?

Last edited by Mathias.; 02-03-2015 at 11:05.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 02-03-2015 , 13:24   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Rabbit View Post
Alrite this is awesome, I will consider using this for my http protocol instead of sockets (having issues with it and source code seem to be down and one of the issue is the limit of host of 64 char and sometime cloud dns goes above it)

I just read about that we need to update the steamclient ourself, any idea if it be possible to have an autoupdater in the extension to download the lastest version?
It's kind of a bad idea to auto update as it's a binary loaded into memory. If Sourcemod had install and the equivalent on Windows it would probably work out just fine. The public resist doesn't really exist sanely http wise. I could be wrong as well.

There's a Sockets API in Steam as well, ISteamNetworking. Would you or someone else be willing to test? I'm travelling for another two weeks.
Amroth
Old 02-03-2015 , 20:49   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #275

Hey, I've use this with this but recently my servers didn't assigned to tokens. they just assigned as anonymous account. why is that?

EDIT: Solved.

Last edited by KyleS; 02-03-2015 at 23:24. Reason: Deleted post...
Mathias.
Veteran Member
Old 02-04-2015 , 23:46   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post
There's a Sockets API in Steam as well, ISteamNetworking. Would you or someone else be willing to test? I'm travelling for another two weeks.
Thx allot for the info, I will prob wait for the official socket release instead and use this extension for the moment, also I need to start writing my first extension (but won't be for sockets), do you mind if I add you on steam? PM me your steam if you don't mind
KyleS
Old 02-26-2015 , 00:11   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #277

I've added (untested) SteamWorks_GetUserGroupStatus(AuthID). While you could already slam Valve's servers using SteamTools; please don't do it here. I don't know why they switched the naming from User to Client.

As well to this, the native will be deprecated once there's a proper Web API for getting the officers of a group.
RedSword
Old 03-08-2015 , 15:15   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #278

Quote:
Confirmed (maybe) working: CS:GO Lin/Win, CS:S Lin/Win, L4D2 Lin/Win, TF2 Lin/Win.
Why confirmed "maybe" :/ ?
RAWR (per player/rounds Awp Restrict.)
Kill Assist
Be Medic

You can also Donate if you appreciate my work
KyleS
Old 03-08-2015 , 16:13   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSword View Post
Why confirmed "maybe" :/ ?
If someone uses ISteamHTTP and not ISteamGameServerStats, who knows if that iface works?

Do you have another platform or game to add to the list?
RedSword
Old 03-08-2015 , 21:59   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #280

Quote:
If someone uses ISteamHTTP and not ISteamGameServerStats, who knows if that iface works?

Do you have another platform or game to add to the list?
ISteamHTTP & ISteamGameServerStats = in what case would that happen ? Someone recompiling SteamWorks ? (my C++ knowledge of SM extensions is rather poor).

No but I expect to maybe test with DoD:S this week.

Is it possible that your extension is only partially supported for a mod ? I ask because Asherkin said that his SteamTools wasn't working at some point (here Asher talks using past tense) for CSS; while is it still working for me (but I only use SteamTools' Steam_RequestGroupStatus and Steam_GroupStatusResult)

Also CSS/CSGO/L4D(2)/TF2 all works 100% ? (curiosity; due to the paragraph above I expect possible similar partial-support)

Red
RAWR (per player/rounds Awp Restrict.)
Kill Assist
Be Medic

You can also Donate if you appreciate my work

Last edited by RedSword; 03-08-2015 at 22:00.