[L4D & L4D2] Tongue Damage (1.11) [05-Mar-2024]

Post New Thread Reply   

Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 04-29-2022 , 09:55   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Tongue Damage (1.7) [29-Apr-2022]
Reply With Quote #21

Code:
1.7 (29-Apr-2022)
    - Added cvar "l4d_tongue_damage_frames" to control if God Frames can protect a Survivor while being dragged (requires the "God Frames Patch" plugin).
    - Plugin now optionally uses the "God Frames Patch" plugin to prevent damaging Survivors with God Frames. Thanks to "vikingo12" for reporting.
I''m not sure if God Frames detection is required for this, they might trigger and block damage without detection anyway. The original request was for the God mode in "Admin System" VPK addon. Maybe I'll add this added eventually, if others want, otherwise its low priority. Requires using VScript to detect that the Admin System God Mode is applied (not sure how possible that is). If others request I'll look into it sooner.

Kinda think the current system could be reverted and removed.

Last edited by Silvers; 04-29-2022 at 16:44.
bullet28
Old 03-01-2024 , 11:44   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Tongue Damage (1.10) [01-Jul-2022]
Reply With Quote #22

Strange that nobody noticed, but DMG_SLASH triggers the corresponding hit sound. Especially it's annoying when interval is set to defaults 0.5s. It's better to change the damage type to DMG_ACID, as it accurately represents the damage caused by the tongue in Versus mode, and it doesn't produce any sounds. Also, the damage in the game typically depends on the current difficulty level, so using a static value is not the correct approach. In VS damage is 3, and as far as I know, VS mode generally corresponds to the coop difficulty level set to Hard in terms of damage. The damage interval in VS is 1.0625 seconds, if we aim for an exact replication I read that you are currently don't have time. Since I've already made the changes for myself, I'm sharing this version of the plugin.

Last edited by Silvers; 03-05-2024 at 11:28. Reason: Plugin update added to main post
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-05-2024 , 11:28   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Tongue Damage (1.11) [05-Mar-2024]
Reply With Quote #23

Thanks, added to first post and removed the version you posted to prevent different line numbers on errors.

Code:
1.11 (05-Mar-2024)
    - Added cvars "l4d_tongue_damage_damage_easy", "l4d_tongue_damage_damage_normal", "l4d_tongue_damage_damage_hard" and "l4d_tongue_damage_damage_impossible".
    - Removed cvar "l4d_tongue_damage_damage" due to using the new cvars.
    - Thanks to "bullet28" for this update.