Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[Paid-REQ] A-Only until 5 CT (for CSS)

Post New Thread Reply   

coolzie
Old 03-13-2018 , 13:31   [Paid-REQ] A-Only until 5 CT (for CSS)
Reply With Quote #1

Many CSS servers enforce a rule of A-Only until there are 5 CT (to ensure CTs can cover both sites), it's also basic CS etiquette. However a lot of players, especially new players will plant B regardless.

Request: Force A-Only until there are 5 CT.

*If 4 or less CT spawn during round* (this ensures that Ts aren't penalized for rage quits or late CT spawns)
  • Force drop bomb if Ts try to plant B
  • Display message to T-team: "A-Only until 5 CT" after violation
  • Option to slap violator rather than force drop bomb
  • Option to display "A-Only until 5 CT" message to both teams at round start if 4 or less CT spawn

This is a paid request, I will pay you for your work. And the plugin can be released publicly. Thank you!

Last edited by coolzie; 03-13-2018 at 15:15. Reason: Added additional request to display message at round start
Obyboby
Veteran Member
Old 03-13-2018 , 13:34   Re: [Paid-REQ] A-Only until 5 CT (for CSS)
Reply With Quote #2

+1 I like the idea. Usually we do that manually but yeah having a plugin that handles it would be awesome.

PS: csgo support would be cool too

Last edited by Obyboby; 03-13-2018 at 13:35.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 03-13-2018 , 14:44   Re: [Paid-REQ] A-Only until 5 CT (for CSS)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolzie View Post
This is a paid request, I will pay you for your work. And the plugin can be released publicly. Thank you!
Paid and release to the public? You're the man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obyboby View Post
PS: csgo support would be cool too
I doubt there will be much difference from CSS to CSGO in this particular plugin though.

Do you both have servers available and are ready to test things, even if it might be a bit glitchy to begin with, if I take the challenge?

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
coolzie
Old 03-13-2018 , 14:50   Re: [Paid-REQ] A-Only until 5 CT (for CSS)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
Do you both have servers available and are ready to test things, even if it might be a bit glitchy to begin with, if I take the challenge?
Yes, I have a CSS server I can test it on.
Obyboby
Veteran Member
Old 03-13-2018 , 16:51   Re: [Paid-REQ] A-Only until 5 CT (for CSS)
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
Paid and release to the public? You're the man!

I doubt there will be much difference from CSS to CSGO in this particular plugin though.

Yes I'd be happy to help you with testing.
Old 03-14-2018 , 04:03   Re: [Paid-REQ] A-Only until 5 CT (for CSS)
Reply With Quote #6

Did you try it ?
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=151564
Old 03-14-2018 , 11:53   Re: [Paid-REQ] A-Only until 5 CT (for CSS)
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacci View Post
Oh, actually I had not. I just tried it, it works, however it allows B plant if CT > 4 or if CT = 4 and T <= CT. Meaning it allows plant with 4 CT if there are 4 or less T. While that makes sense, I don't want that, I think that'll confuse people, the rule should simply be that CT team needs 5 or more players. But thank you, hopefully arne1288 can save some time working from that plugin's source.

edit: I managed to edit and compile that plugin so that it is 4 or less CT only, ignoring Ts. However I don't actually understand the coding, so I have no idea if it will take into account rage quits/late spawns. It looks like it checks current players, so rage quits will prevent a B plant. I'll try to test that tonight when people join my server.

Some small issues I've noticed so far:
1. Bots just run around in circles inside B since they can't plant.
  • Option 1: if possible make bots go A-Only
  • Option 2: have the plugin ignore bots, allowing them to plant B so they don't slow down the game
  • Option 3: simply disable plugin while bots are playing
2. Ts can plant B immediately after the round ends (they don't win the round, but they get GameMe points).

3. B closed message spams every 15 seconds rather than just at the beginning of the round and after attempting to plant B.

4. The player simply cannot plant B
  • I think a minor punishment like dropping the bomb or a zero dmg slap would be more clear to the violator.

Last edited by coolzie; 03-14-2018 at 16:45.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 03-19-2018 , 14:10   Re: [Paid-REQ] A-Only until 5 CT (for CSS)
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
1. Bots just run around in circles inside B since they can't plant.
  • Option 1: if possible make bots go A-Only
  • Option 2: have the plugin ignore bots, allowing them to plant B so they don't slow down the game
  • Option 3: simply disable plugin while bots are playing
Option 3 would most likely, according to my testings, be the best "safest" one of them, if you want bots to plant properly.

Option 4: If there are bots and humans, and the bots receive the C4, strip it away and give it to one of the "human" players instead, could be an option. Preventing the bots from holding the C4, that way, they will most likely not run around in circles. They have also been doing that during my testings.

If T only consists of bots, plugin could however simply be disabled.

Other of my tests indicate that I could still plant it in some areas of the bomb sites (e.g. on crates, and so), so the safest way is to disable the bomb site completely, which would confuse the bots and make them run around in circles (at least: if they have the bomb, I doubt they will if they don't have it).

Quote:
2. Ts can plant B immediately after the round ends (they don't win the round, but they get GameMe points).
I would be kind enough to call this a bug in GameMe:

GameMe uses "logaddress_add" to add a logging address, so that it can follow the game, just like most other stats things:

Once you have killed all opponents or so, at least with CS:S, that logging will do for example:

Code:
L 03/19/2018 - 16:51:02: "DarkDeviL<3><[U:1:1532443]><TERRORIST>" killed "Nick<5><BOT><CT>" with "g3sg1"
L 03/19/2018 - 16:51:02: "Nick<5><BOT><CT>" triggered "weaponstats" (weapon "usp") (shots "5") (hits "0") (kills "0") (headshots "0") (tks "0") (damage "0") (deaths "0")
L 03/19/2018 - 16:51:02: "Nick<5><BOT><CT>" triggered "weaponstats2" (weapon "usp") (head "0") (chest "0") (stomach "0") (leftarm "0") (rightarm "0") (leftleg "0") (rightleg "0")
L 03/19/2018 - 16:51:02: Team "TERRORIST" triggered "Terrorists_Win" (CT "4") (T "2")
L 03/19/2018 - 16:51:02: Team "CT" scored "4" with "1" players
L 03/19/2018 - 16:51:02: Team "TERRORIST" scored "2" with "1" players
L 03/19/2018 - 16:51:02: World triggered "Round_End"
L 03/19/2018 - 16:51:02: "DarkDeviL<3><STEAM_0:1:766221><TERRORIST>" triggered "weaponstats" (weapon "g3sg1") (shots "6") (hits "2") (kills "1") (headshots "0") (tks "0") (damage "124") (deaths "0")
L 03/19/2018 - 16:51:02: "DarkDeviL<3><STEAM_0:1:766221><TERRORIST>" triggered "weaponstats2" (weapon "g3sg1") (head "0") (chest "0") (stomach "0") (leftarm "2") (rightarm "0") (leftleg "0") (rightleg "0")
L 03/19/2018 - 16:51:02: "DarkDeviL<3><STEAM_0:1:766221><TERRORIST>" triggered "round_mvp"
L 03/19/2018 - 16:51:07: "DarkDeviL<3><[U:1:1532443]><TERRORIST>" triggered "Planted_The_Bomb"
L 03/19/2018 - 16:51:07: "DarkDeviL<3><[U:1:1532443]><TERRORIST>" triggered "Got_The_Bomb"
L 03/19/2018 - 16:51:07: World triggered "Round_Start"
GameMe should simply disable all point earnings (as well as the opposite); e.g. deactivate everything once it receives "Round_End", and then activate things again on Round_Start. That way would be the most sane option in my opinion, and even if you kill people after the Round_End (e.g. bomb wasn't planted within time), those kills wouldn't count as well.

Those kind of kills would still count on your server, unless you are getting things fixed with GameMe.

However, disabling with Option 4 mentioned above should fix this issue on your end too.

Quote:
3. B closed message spams every 15 seconds rather than just at the beginning of the round and after attempting to plant B.
It could eventually be printed on the player's spawn, e.g. as a very "intrusive" Menu message, or so, a message that is pretty obvious, and then no more.

If the bomb site are disabled, it will simply print "C4 must be planted on a bomb site", as you most likely have already seen with the other plugin mentioned.

Quote:
4. The player simply cannot plant B
  • I think a minor punishment like dropping the bomb or a zero dmg slap would be more clear to the violator.
It might be, if the are an option to try to plant.

Option 4 and the "C4 must be planted on a bomb site" does however eliminate the need for this?

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].