Post New Thread Reply   

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-19-2009 , 16:15   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadiR View Post
yep, but when it isnt fastdl, then you can download the bsp file while playing
If it's more than just a bsp then you would have to exit the game and install the map yourself.
One
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2009 , 09:22   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hupio View Post
Thanks.

When you type /getMapUrl a link to the map's download page (on fpsbanana for instance) shows in a motd window. Downloading and installing the map is beyond my scripting ability in pawn at present.

Also, obviously if you have a fast download server there would be no point installing this plugin. The servers that I usually play on aren't that quick to download from, it might take several minutes to download a map like cs_afghanistan.
Hi,

thats what i cant understand.... all maps on fpsbanana are .zip or .rar. how geht this files unrared or unzipped? a map can have more files like tga or .wad or ... how can this paste the right files in right folder? hmmm :-? i cant understand.
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2009 , 14:16   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
thats what i cant understand.... all maps on fpsbanana are .zip or .rar. how geht this files unrared or unzipped?
You have to unzip/unrar with a program made for it. I just use Windows to unzip .zip files. I will never touch a rar file again but I know some people use WinRar.

Quote:
a map can have more files like tga or .wad or ... how can this paste the right files in right folder? hmmm :-? i cant understand.
You have to "install" it manually (i.e. put the files in your mod's folder yourself).
One
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2009 , 17:31   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
You have to unzip/unrar with a program made for it. I just use Windows to unzip .zip files. I will never touch a rar file again but I know some people use WinRar.

You have to "install" it manually (i.e. put the files in your mod's folder yourself).
Hi,

i said nice idea & its a very nice idea, but , imagin when ur playing on my server & nextmap is a custom map & u need to download this, u have to say /bluh & u get the .zip file. however u have to get on desktop, go in game dir. & unzip it, when there are many files like any sounds in ambince... u have to paste this all in the right folder. imagin for a custom map with 1 extra sound, you need min. 1 min.... i think u can download the file from server & have just to wait & dont change the folder or unzip anything...however, nice idea, maybe anyone makes a host that the files arent zipped .
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2009 , 17:43   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
maybe anyone makes a host that the files arent zipped .
If the files are not zipped you have to download each and every file individually. Much more time consuming than unzipping the .zip file (and they are already in the correct folder for you).
Hupio
Old 02-20-2009 , 21:50   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #26

I've got a shortcut to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\*****\counter-strike\cstrike on my desktop.

if you extract all the files into this folder and the map zip file is setup right, all files go into their proper folders without you having to extract them one folder at a time.

If you remember to download it and install it when you're not involved in the game (when you got shot for example) then you shouldn't miss out on any playing time when the server starts with the next new map.

Having said that, if someone wants to extend what I've done to auto install the map zips then feel free ..
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-23-2009 , 00:09   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #27

This plugin needs testing. If anyone can report that it does or doesn't work, please post.

If you would like any information regarding possible adjustments you could make or things you could do to make this better, please feel free to post here or PM me.

Approval pending on changes.
Old 03-04-2009 , 07:11   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #28

Hi it works on my standalone server I'm hoping to get it tested by a couple of different uk cs servers and I'll ask them to leave feedback.
Hupio
Old 03-12-2009 , 14:54   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #29

Hi

The one person that I know has tried this has told me that it doesn't work. It doesn't create the custom_map.cfg file. His server runs on Linux. I have installed my script successfully twice on two of my own Windows machines with no problems. He's installed other mods and plugins without hassle before. Are there any OS related idiosyncracies or glitches that I should be aware of that would stop the script executing on Linux?
Marinovv327
Old 06-27-2021 , 03:42   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #30

I hadn't heard anything more absurd than that in a while. Each server has a fast download. It's also twice as much waste of time.