Post New Thread Reply   

Hupio
Old 02-11-2009 , 10:23   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #11

version 0.0.3
changes:
- message now shows in motd window
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (getMapDownloadURL.sma - 631 views - 2.8 KB)

Last edited by Hupio; 02-11-2009 at 10:28. Reason: crap laptop
Nextra
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2009 , 10:56   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #12

You should update your plugin through the mainpost instead of posting your updates in new posts. Go into advanced edit of your mainpost and reupload the file there so people don't have to crawl through the thread to find your updates.

However, nice idea for the plugin the only thing I recognized is that you have some issues with string lengths.

In get_map_downloadurl the declared string size is never used to it's full (both of the strings) and in search_maplist you need to change

PHP Code:
replace(outLine150"$1"left)
replace(outLine150"$2"right
to:

PHP Code:
replace(outLine149"$1"left)
replace(outLine149"$2"right
Otherwise you risk some ugly buffer overflows.

Some things that came up in my mind while looking at your plugin:
- In the MOTD it always displays "fpsbanana", maybe you could think of a way to make this more dynamic.
- I believe you should use get_pcvar_string for amx_nextmap, use get_cvar_pointer for that.
- You should update your version define so it reflects the actual plugin version you advertise
- Maybe a cvar for enable/disable?

// edit:
Does this not require ( and ) ?

PHP Code:
fclose cmfile 

Last edited by Nextra; 02-11-2009 at 13:15.
Hupio
Old 02-11-2009 , 18:49   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #13

Thanks for spotting those Nextra
One
Veteran Member
Old 02-15-2009 , 19:24   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #14

Hello,

idk, i think i couldnt understand you....

Example : when the nextmap ist de_asdasd & i write /getmapurl, this map will be downloaded from fpsbnana..... so... on fps banana are all maps in rar/zip files. how will be this unzip/unrar this files? or this will download the maps from my server?

how about the fastdownload server? when the maps will downloaded from my server, i have to know from wich serveR? fastdownload server or game server?

Nice Idea +k
Veteran Member
Old 02-15-2009 , 21:06   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #15

When a server has a fast download server this plugin would be unnecessary.
One
Veteran Member
Old 02-16-2009 , 01:57   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
When a server has a fast download server this plugin would be unnecessary.
Hi,

ur right.but im thinking about maps bigger as 20 MB.... when this could func with fdl, i would use it.there are many players with bad settings & low connection...imagin i have players on my server with highskill....40ping...but they need around 1.5 min to dl a knife model :-))) the code say me nothing....
Old 02-16-2009 , 13:03   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Hello,

idk, i think i couldnt understand you....

Example : when the nextmap ist de_asdasd & i write /getmapurl, this map will be downloaded from fpsbnana..... so... on fps banana are all maps in rar/zip files. how will be this unzip/unrar this files? or this will download the maps from my server?

how about the fastdownload server? when the maps will downloaded from my server, i have to know from wich serveR? fastdownload server or game server?

Nice Idea +k
Thanks.

When you type /getMapUrl a link to the map's download page (on fpsbanana for instance) shows in a motd window. Downloading and installing the map is beyond my scripting ability in pawn at present.

Also, obviously if you have a fast download server there would be no point installing this plugin. The servers that I usually play on aren't that quick to download from, it might take several minutes to download a map like cs_afghanistan.
KadiR
Unnecessary Member
Old 02-19-2009 , 12:17   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #18

can you make, that when you type /getmap ,that you download the nextmap from the gameserver? And when it is fastdl then it is fastdl and when not, normal
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-19-2009 , 12:40   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadiR View Post
can you make, that when you type /getmap ,that you download the nextmap from the gameserver? And when it is fastdl then it is fastdl and when not, normal
That's how a server works already. On map change you download the new map from the server or FastDL if you have it.
KadiR
Unnecessary Member
Old 02-19-2009 , 16:12   Re: Custom Map URL prompt
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
That's how a server works already. On map change you download the new map from the server or FastDL if you have it.
yep, but when it isnt fastdl, then you can download the bsp file while playing