Post New Thread Reply   

Cuz
Old 10-14-2011 , 22:49   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #541

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
1.3.2 has been released.

Changes:
  • Changed sm_dodgeball_deflect_players to use Valve's built-in code for this, this does mean that you can't change it on the fly any more.
  • Improved compatibly with other plugins.
  • Fixed a crash with multiple causes.
  • Updated gamedata for today's update.
DTX
Old 10-15-2011 , 14:47   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #542

Quote:
1.3.2 has been released.

Changes:
  • Changed sm_dodgeball_deflect_players to use Valve's built-in code for this, this does mean that you can't change it on the fly any more.
  • Improved compatibly with other plugins.
  • Fixed a crash with multiple causes.
  • Updated gamedata for today's update.
So far, so good. Thank you for such a fast fix for last thursday's update.

Just waiting for VS Saxton Hale being functional again so i can test the weapon switch issue.

One more time, Thank You!
oreia
Old 10-16-2011 , 06:55   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #543

Well.. after some days of tests, i'm still having some issues.

1 - sm_dodgeball_gamedesc seems don't working anymore. If i change to other mods (PH, Saxton, default TF2 maps) still showing TFDodgeball on description, even if it's 1 or 0.

2 - Still messing with Medic and Pyro at VS Saxton Hale. Saxton sets all primary medic weapons as Syringe gun (Overdose or Blutsauger) except for Crusader Crossbow, sets all secondary medic weapons as a custom Medigun, also sets a custom Flaregun if i had Flaregun or Detonator as secondary Pyro weapon.
If i choose Pyro on Saxton, i spawn with custom flaregun, but if i change weapon, i can't choose flaregun again.
On medic's case, i can just use melee weapons or Crusader Crossbow as primary weapon. Others primary weapons like Overdose, Syringe Gun and Blutsauger don't work. I spawn with Syringe gun, but if i switch, i can't select it again, like on pyro's case. Also, any secondary weapons seems not work. You just can't switch to them.

I tried again unload plugin, unload ext (server crash here) and sm_dodgeball_enabled 0, without sucess.

If you don't bother to answer Asher, why use ext?
There is no way to put the contents of the ext code inside the plugin and eliminate the ext?

If not, there is a way to unload plugin and ext without server crashes?

Quote:
1.3.2 has been released.

Changes:

Changed sm_dodgeball_deflect_players to use Valve's built-in code for this, this does mean that you can't change it on the fly any more.
One question here: this means it ill get effect on mapchange? playerspawn ?

Sorry for the wall of text.

Last edited by oreia; 10-16-2011 at 06:58.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:06
leonard19941
This message has been deleted by leonard19941.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-16-2011 , 13:54   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #544

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreia View Post
1 - sm_dodgeball_gamedesc seems don't working anymore. If i change to other mods (PH, Saxton, default TF2 maps) still showing TFDodgeball on description, even if it's 1 or 0.
Valve changed it so that it can only be changed on server-start, so which ever mod is loaded first will be the gamedesc that get's set.

Quote:
2 - Still messing with Medic and Pyro at VS Saxton Hale. Saxton sets all primary medic weapons as Syringe gun (Overdose or Blutsauger) except for Crusader Crossbow, sets all secondary medic weapons as a custom Medigun, also sets a custom Flaregun if i had Flaregun or Detonator as secondary Pyro weapon.
If i choose Pyro on Saxton, i spawn with custom flaregun, but if i change weapon, i can't choose flaregun again.
On medic's case, i can just use melee weapons or Crusader Crossbow as primary weapon. Others primary weapons like Overdose, Syringe Gun and Blutsauger don't work. I spawn with Syringe gun, but if i switch, i can't select it again, like on pyro's case. Also, any secondary weapons seems not work. You just can't switch to them.
Thanks for the detailed info, I may actually be able to debug this now.

Quote:
If you don't bother to answer Asher, why use ext?
There is no way to put the contents of the ext code inside the plugin and eliminate the ext?
Not without considerable loss of features and performance.

Quote:
If not, there is a way to unload plugin and ext without server crashes?
It shouldn't be crashing on unload, I'll look into it.

Quote:
One question here: this means it ill get effect on mapchange? playerspawn ?
It's weapon-spawn, which is most reliably on map change.
Old 10-17-2011 , 01:23   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #545

Thank you for the support Asher.
Hope you can find and fix all.
rtil
Old 10-17-2011 , 07:30   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #546

what file changes the game type of the server to "TFDodgeball"? i'd prefer it not say that, but i'm not sure if i'm able to actually change this behavior. by default my server loads and plays official valve maps, tfdb maps and configs are only invoked when players vote to play one.
oreia
Old 10-17-2011 , 16:53   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #547

Found other Asher. Stick Jumper is doing the same switch bug for demoman.
FunkyLoveCow
Old 10-19-2011 , 09:24   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #548

Quote:
I can confirm the flaregun/detonator issue.

For medic, I have the opposite problem. I can use the primary and melee weapons, but the healing guns (regardless of which one is selected) is not usable. The user initially spawns with the healing gun out, but if they switch weapons they can not return to it.

Should we move these discussions out of this thread and into Hale's thread?
oreia
Old 10-19-2011 , 13:32   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #549

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyLoveCow View Post
Should we move these discussions out of this thread and into Hale's thread?
Isn't a "Hale´s" issue Funky, cuz if you have just saxton, custom weapons work fine (Flaregun, Medic Primary and secondary weapons, Stick Jumper).
It's Dodgeball messing somehow with custom weapons on Saxton.

Asher is lookint to it.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2011 , 14:31   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #550

Dodgeball also messes up with Randomizer, so it appears to be messing with weapons that are given on spawn. Maybe there's something in the dodgeball code that enforces a client weapon check? So that if you get a weapon right after spawn that's different from your normal weapon, it doesn't let you use it? Seems like the behavior to me, as if I give myself a weapon a few seconds after I spawn (not right after I touch a locker/spawn), it works fine.

asherkin: to enforce the dodgeball deflect cvar no matter what it's set at, why not give all clients an updated flamethrower after the cvar is changed? That way, when they next spawn, OnGive will be able to change their default flamethrower (since removing a weapon from a client will force that on next regen)

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 10-19-2011 at 14:33.