Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Sm_Skinchooser

Post New Thread Reply   

andi67
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2009 , 13:31   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #191

And Techknow , this plugin is not old and the other is not better in noway , itīs only differant and thatīs all.
insanitosis
Old 10-01-2009 , 16:18   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #192

How's this? My menu works, the plugin works, the admin stuff works.

The problem is that when I select the model, it doesn't change my character to that.

I included all the necessary files in skinchooserdownloads.ini, and skin.ini is in good shape.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Also this is on ZOmbie master

Last edited by insanitosis; 10-01-2009 at 16:30.
TechKnow
Old 10-01-2009 , 17:20   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #193

Once again, ANY model file, any model folder, ANY file or folder, ANY plugin, ANY ini file OR ANYTHING with an UPPER CASE LETTER anywhere will stop or crash or prevent from working ANY server running LINUX.

IS YOUR SERVER RUNNING LINUX?

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING WITH ANY UPPER CASE LETTER IN IT?
insanitosis
Old 10-01-2009 , 17:28   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #194

Yes yes and yes

thank you very much
IllegalGuy
Old 10-06-2009 , 14:40   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #195

Dear andi67,

first of all, I want to thank you for this really great plugin!!!! It works mostly fine, and since I absolutely DON`T Like the "ULTIMATE SKINPLUGIN" at all (because of having to put up separate "admin" files, which is a real mess), I will not switch to that plugin.
But there`s one real big problem I`d really like to get fixxed : It`s the "bug" with the admin-model-check, which was already mentioned earlier .. after having selected the admin-model group, without having access to it, the public-part is restricted, too. You said everyone playing on a public-server would know about it, and you are right... BUT : You don`t think of people being curious .. they don`t expect the access-check to be "broken", so they don`t expect to have any problems, even though they EXPECT to be restricted from the admin-models .. I hope you get what I mean, my english ain`t perfect ...

Since I am partly able to read code(I am a coder myself, but absolutely NOT aware of SourcePawn), I was able to narrow down the problem : the "accessFlag"-String, doesn`t seem to be set correctly when doing " KvGetString(kv,"Admin", accessFlag, sizeof(accessFlag));" when a client calls the menu the second time. I already spent some time, trying to fix this, but I didn`t manage ...
I am pretty sure, that you would be able to fix it. If you like the current behaviour (as you were replying to the other guys mentioning the problem before), this doesn`t necessarily mean that others will like it that way too.. would be really really great if you could provide a version for the guys like me, who don`t like it.

BTW : @Techknow : I appreciate, that you are trying to make it easier for the "non-professional-admins", but in fact I think with rerolling the way configs are done, you didn`t really made it easier.. just different. AND, with your method, having lots of different files, you render your plugin absolutely un-automizable. I am, for example, some kind of Linux-Freak, hacking around on the console for many years (which is also the reason why I understood andi67`s configs at once), and I really like to automate many things with small self-written scripts, executable from an admin-iface on our HP. With your plugin, trying to do this, is a mess.. (I tried, really). I am not saying your plugin is worse, I just want to sign the andi67`s opinion : it`s not better or worse, it`s only DIFFERENT!

So afterall : Thanks to both of you, for all your time & efforts to provide such nice functionality to the community! If anyone should ever have Linux-based problems, please just contact me, I will try to help as much as I can .. (because this is the area where I CAN help...)

Best regards,
SOS*IllegalGuy
MihaNN52
Old 10-07-2009 , 02:46   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #196

good plugin!
andi67
Veteran Member
Old 10-07-2009 , 17:23   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #197

Iīm currently working on another Project atm but I will fix it as soon as possible and bring it up to the final version.
Thx for your response.
LowSleeper
Old 10-09-2009 , 20:37   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #198

Hmm.. Does'nt really work for me..
I do everything i have to, the path and everything but when i then press "!models" then the menu appears but when i press the skin, it never changes.. why?
andi67
Veteran Member
Old 10-10-2009 , 02:53   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #199

All files are on Game- and Webserver???
IllegalGuy
Old 10-10-2009 , 11:37   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #200

Dear LowSleeper,

would you please put up your skins.ini and skinchooserdownloads.ini in here or send them to me via PM? I`d look into them then, to try to find the error.
If you are using a fast-download-option, please be sure to copy any required model-files to the gameserver AND the webserver, copying the necessary directory-structure, too.

best regards, SOS*IllegalGuy