Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Detecting if round finished naturally.

Post New Thread Reply   

WHOOHOO
Old 04-30-2020 , 22:14   Detecting if round finished naturally.
Reply With Quote #1

Hello there.
I was wondering if anybody could come up with a method to detect if the round has been finished naturally and not prematurely (not by sv_restartround or a lot of TKs, etc.)
I imagine that it is possible via hard coding, But there are a lot of different scenarios which will make it impossible to write, So do you have any ideas in your mind to detect these kind of situations?
I want to use it in a PUG plugin, The idea is that the PUG cycle will get started and supervised by an admin but the plugin will do the team swap and stuff like that, so I wanted to prevent these situations, For example when the round is finished by all of CTs Team killing each other right after the team swap happens and the last CT standing will get killed by a T, or situations like this one.
klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-01-2020 , 07:09   Re: Detecting if round finished naturally.
Reply With Quote #2

I don't really understand. What's the purpose of detecting that? I mean, if CTs kill each other, it's on them - they lost a round. That seems like a completely natural end of round to me. Am I missing something? You'll have to be much more precise with what you consider "natural".

Last edited by klippy; 05-01-2020 at 07:11.
WHOOHOO
Old 05-01-2020 , 09:22   Re: Detecting if round finished naturally.
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KliPPy View Post
I don't really understand. What's the purpose of detecting that? I mean, if CTs kill each other, it's on them - they lost a round. That seems like a completely natural end of round to me. Am I missing something? You'll have to be much more precise with what you consider "natural".
Well yeah I agree that its on them but it seems like what that happens in my admin-based PUG servers, Players kill each other after the swap for no reason. I don't really know how to detect any of that