Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:GO] Final and fancy solution for putting a player in a team on connect

Post New Thread Reply   

joao7yt
Old 08-20-2017 , 22:00   [CS:GO] Final and fancy solution for putting a player in a team on connect
Reply With Quote #1

As the Panorama doesn't have a Continue Screen, it's now possible to use the "player_connect_full" HookEvent:

PHP Code:
public void OnPluginStart()
{

HookEvent("player_connect_full"Event_PlayerConnectFull);
}

public 
Action Event_PlayerConnectFull(Handle event, const char[] namebool dontBroadcast)
{

RequestFrame(SetClientTeamGetEventInt(event"userid"));
}

public 
void SetClientTeam(int userid)
{

int client GetClientOfUserId(userid);

//Do stuff here
    //Now you can check if the client is valid and then put it in a team using CS_SwitchTeam or ChangeClientTeam.

Scaleform legacy:
Spoiler

Last edited by joao7yt; 08-31-2018 at 15:05.
th7nder
Old 08-22-2017 , 05:37   Re: [CS:GO] Final and fancy solution for putting a player in a team on connect
Reply With Quote #2

Finally! Thank you very much <3
joao7yt
Old 08-22-2017 , 05:52   Re: [CS:GO] Final and fancy solution for putting a player in a team on connect
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by th7nder View Post
Finally! Thank you very much <3
Yw, hope everyone with plugins that put players into a team on join see this, this will make everyone's life easier.
th7nder
Old 08-22-2017 , 07:51   Re: [CS:GO] Final and fancy solution for putting a player in a team on connect
Reply With Quote #4

This plugins has one bug, it returns Plugin_Handled on every VGUI, you should return Plugin_Handled only if this is VGUI for teams, but overall idea is the best! <3
joao7yt
Old 08-22-2017 , 07:59   Re: [CS:GO] Final and fancy solution for putting a player in a team on connect
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by th7nder View Post
This plugins has one bug, it returns Plugin_Handled on every VGUI, you should return Plugin_Handled only if this is VGUI for teams, but overall idea is the best! <3
You are right, fixed
joao7yt
Old 08-22-2017 , 16:09   Re: [CS:GO] Final and fancy solution for putting a player in a team on connect
Reply With Quote #6

Note: for some reason "return Plugin_Handled;" is necessary after doing a "ChangeClientTeam", otherwise the server crashes. I'm saying it because I tried doing "PbSetBool(msg, "show", false);" (which will make the team menu to not show) and then "return Plugin_Continue;", because idk if simply doing "return Plugin_Handled;" would lead to a future bug, but seems it's not possible to call "return Plugin_Continue;" after changing the client's team without crashing the server.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-24-2017 , 08:56   Re: [CS:GO] Final and fancy solution for putting a player in a team on connect
Reply With Quote #7

Your PbSetBool would have been throwing an error (because usermessages can't be modified from a usermessage hook) and aborting the call, which would cause later usermessage creation to become unbalanced, which caused the "crash" (it wasn't a crash in the normal sense, the server threw a fatal error).
Old 08-24-2017 , 09:04   Re: [CS:GO] Final and fancy solution for putting a player in a team on connect
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Your PbSetBool would have been throwing an error (because usermessages can't be modified from a usermessage hook) and aborting the call, which would cause later usermessage creation to become unbalanced, which caused the "crash" (it wasn't a crash in the normal sense, the server threw a fatal error).
I didn't get it. Is changing the client's team changing the UserMessenge? If so, why when returning Continue cause the Error but returning Handled doesn't?

Last edited by joao7yt; 08-24-2017 at 09:05.
joao7yt
Old 09-05-2017 , 19:05   Re: [CS:GO] Final and fancy solution for putting a player in a team on connect
Reply With Quote #9

Guys, I might have found a bug related to it: if you change the client's team inside that hook, it could rarely throw a fatal error and crash the srcds.exe. I did a few tests and it might have gone if you create a timer to change the client's team, which is not a problem since we will still be able to hook when the team menu shows, it will only put the client in a team a bit later. I put 0.1 seconds in my timer and got no crashes. So be warned, guys.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 09-06-2017 , 03:02   Re: [CS:GO] Final and fancy solution for putting a player in a team on connect
Reply With Quote #10

I hook on player spawn.

The first occurrence is from client connecting. The second occurrence u can change the team and cs_respawn the client.

A better way is to listen to the jointeam command. Wait a frame and then set your team.