Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

New AMXX Menu System

Post New Thread Reply   

Emp`
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-24-2006 , 18:44   New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #1

This tutorial should give you a deep understanding of the new AMXX menu system.

If you are having trouble following this tutorial, I suggest you read Pawn Picture Tutorial.

Basic Menu - for interacting within a plugin or having a player select between objects ( such as a weapon menu )
Player Menu - for interacting with a selected player ( such as a kick menu )
Basic Vote Menu - for getting a preference from players ( such as a mapvote menu )
Sub-Menu - for having a menu within a menu ( such as a multilayered admin menu )
Advanced Vote Menu - for getting a more advanced preference ( such as a Galileo's map menu )
Multiple Menus with 1 Handler - for having multiple menus and only using a single menu_handler
Menu Items with Callbacks - for enabling/disabling menu items ( such as a Shop menu that disables items if you don't have enough money )
newmenus.inc - some helpful things from newmenus.inc
End Notes - some tips with the new menus

Basic Menu [top]
Code:
#include <amxmodx>  public plugin_init()  {     //..stuff for your plugin     register_clcmd( "my_awesome_menu","AwesomeMenu" );     //note that we do not need to register the menu anymore, but just a way to get to it  }  //lets make the function that will make the menu  public AwesomeMenu( id )  {     //first we need to make a variable that will hold the menu     new menu = menu_create( "\rLook at this awesome Menu!:", "menu_handler" );     //Note - menu_create     //The first parameter  is what the menu will be titled ( what is at the very top )     //The second parameter is the function that will deal/handle with the menu ( which key was pressed, and what to do )     //Now lets add some things to select from the menu     menu_additem( menu, "\wI'm Selection #1", "", 0 );     menu_additem( menu, "\wI'm Selection #2", "", 0 );     menu_additem( menu, "\wI'm Secret Selection #3", "", ADMIN_ADMIN );     //Note - menu_additem     //The first parameter is which menu we will be adding this item/selection to     //The second parameter is what text will appear on the menu ( Note that it is preceeded with a number of which item it is )     //The third parameter is data that we want to send with this item     //The fourth parameter is which admin flag we want to be able to access this item ( Refer to the admin flags from the amxconst.inc )     //The fifth parameter is the callback for enabling/disabling items, by default we will omit this and use no callback ( default value of -1 ) Refer to the Menu Items with Callbacks section for more information.     //Set a property on the menu     menu_setprop( menu, MPROP_EXIT, MEXIT_ALL );     //Note - menu_setprop     //The first parameter is the menu to modify     //The second parameter is what to modify ( found in amxconst.inc )     //The third parameter is what to modify it to ( in this case, we are adding a option to the menu that will exit the menu. setting it to MEXIT_NEVER will disable this option )     //Additional note - MEXIT_ALL is the default property for MPROP_EXIT, so this is redundant     //Lets display the menu     menu_display( id, menu, 0 );     //Note - menu_display     //The first parameter is which index to show it to ( you cannot show this to everyone at once )     //The second parameter is which menu to show them ( in this case, the one we just made )     //The third parameter is which page to start them on  }  //okay, we showed them the menu, now lets handle it ( looking back at menu_create, we are going to use that function )  public menu_handler( id, menu, item )  {     //Because of the simplicity of this menu, we can switch for which item was pressed     //Note - this is zero-based, so the first item is 0     switch( item )     {         case 0:         {             client_print( id, print_chat, "Hooray! You selected the Awesome 1st Selection" );                         //Note that if we dont want to continue through the function, we can't just end with a return. We want to kill the menu first             menu_destroy( menu );             return PLUGIN_HANDLED;         }         case 1:         {             client_print( id, print_chat, "OH NO! You selected the Awesome 2nd Selection! BEWARE!" );         }         case 2:         {             client_print( id, print_chat, "You have selected the Awesome Admin Selection! Hail Teh Bail!" );         }         case MENU_EXIT:         {             client_print( id, print_chat, "You exited the menu... what a bummer!" );         }     }     //lets finish up this function by destroying the menu with menu_destroy, and a return     menu_destroy( menu );     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }

Player Menu [top]
*Note - You should have an understanding of the Basic Menu first.
Code:
#include <amxmodx>  #include <fun>  public plugin_init()  {     //Register a way to get to your menu...     register_clcmd( "my_player_menu","AwesomeMenu" );  }  public AwesomeMenu( id )  {     //Create a variable to hold the menu     new menu = menu_create( "\rLook at this Player Menu!:", "menu_handler" );     //We will need to create some variables so we can loop through all the players     new players[32], pnum, tempid;     //Some variables to hold information about the players     new szName[32], szUserId[32];     //Fill players with available players     get_players( players, pnum, "a" ); // flag "a" because we are going to add health to players, but this is just for this specific case     //Start looping through all players     for ( new i; i<pnum; i++ )     {         //Save a tempid so we do not re-index         tempid = players[i];         //Get the players name and userid as strings         get_user_name( tempid, szName, charsmax( szName ) );         //We will use the data parameter to send the userid, so we can identify which player was selected in the handler         formatex( szUserId, charsmax( szUserId ), "%d", get_user_userid( tempid ) );         //Add the item for this player         menu_additem( menu, szName, szUserId, 0 );     }     //We now have all players in the menu, lets display the menu     menu_display( id, menu, 0 );  }  public menu_handler( id, menu, item )  {     //Do a check to see if they exited because menu_item_getinfo ( see below ) will give an error if the item is MENU_EXIT     if ( item == MENU_EXIT )     {         menu_destroy( menu );         return PLUGIN_HANDLED;     }     //now lets create some variables that will give us information about the menu and the item that was pressed/chosen     new szData[6], szName[64];     new _access, item_callback;     //heres the function that will give us that information ( since it doesnt magicaly appear )     menu_item_getinfo( menu, item, _access, szData,charsmax( szData ), szName,charsmax( szName ), item_callback );     //Get the userid of the player that was selected     new userid = str_to_num( szData );     //Try to retrieve player index from its userid     new player = find_player( "k", userid ); // flag "k" : find player from userid     //If player == 0, this means that the player's userid cannot be found     //If the player is still alive ( we had retrieved alive players when formating the menu but some players may have died before id could select an item from the menu )     if ( player && is_user_alive( player ) )     {         //Set their health to 100         set_user_health( player, 100 );     }     menu_destroy( menu );     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }

Here is a generic player menu from ConnorMcLeod that you can use to easily add to your plugin
Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <amxmisc> #define VERSION "0.0.1" #define PLUGIN "Players Menu Generic" public plugin_init() {     register_plugin( PLUGIN, VERSION, "ConnorMcLeod" );     register_clcmd( "say /players", "ClCmd_Menu", ADMIN_RCON ); } public ClCmd_Menu( id, lvl, cid ) {     if ( cmd_access( id, lvl, cid, 0 ) )     {         new iMenu = MakePlayerMenu( id, "Players Menu Misc", "PlayersMenuHandler" );         menu_setprop( iMenu, MPROP_NUMBER_COLOR, "\y" );         menu_display( id, iMenu );     }     return PLUGIN_HANDLED; } enum ( <<= 1 ) {     PLMENU_OBEY_IMMUNITY = 1,     PLMENU_ALLOW_SELF,     PLMENU_ONLY_ALIVE,     PLMENU_NO_BOTS } MakePlayerMenu( id, const szMenuTitle[], const szMenuHandler[], iFlags = PLMENU_OBEY_IMMUNITY ) {     new iMenu = menu_create( szMenuTitle, szMenuHandler );     new bool:bIsSuperAdmin;     if ( iFlags & PLMENU_OBEY_IMMUNITY )     {         bIsSuperAdmin = !!( get_user_flags( id ) & ADMIN_RCON );     }     new iPlayers[32], iNum, iPlayer, szPlayerName[32], szUserId[32];     new szFlags[4] = "h";     if ( iFlags & PLMENU_ONLY_ALIVE )     {         szFlags[++iNum] = 'a';     }     if ( flags & PLMENU_NO_BOTS )     {         szFlags[++iNum] = 'c';     }     get_players( iPlayers, iNum, szFlags );     for ( --iNum; iNum >= 0; iNum-- )     {         iPlayer = iPlayers[iNum];         get_user_name( iPlayer, szPlayerName, charsmax( szPlayerName ) );         if ( iFlags & PLMENU_OBEY_IMMUNITY && !bIsSuperAdmin         && ( ( get_user_flags( iPlayer ) & ADMIN_IMMUNITY ) &&              ( ( iFlags & PLMENU_ALLOW_SELF ) ? ( id != iPlayer ) : true ) )    )         {             menu_addtext( iMenu, szPlayerName );         }         else         {             formatex( szUserId, charsmax( szUserId ), "%d", get_user_userid( iPlayer ) );             menu_additem( iMenu, szPlayerName, szUserId, 0 );         }     }     return iMenu; } public PlayersMenuHandler_Sample( id, iMenu, iItem ) {     if ( iItem == MENU_EXIT )     {         menu_destroy( iMenu );         return PLUGIN_HANDLED;     }     new szUserId[32], szPlayerName[32], iPlayer, iAccess, iCallback;     menu_item_getinfo( iMenu, iItem, iCallback, szUserId, charsmax( szUserId ), szPlayerName, charsmax( szPlayerName ), iCallback );     if ( ( iPlayer = find_player( "k", str_to_num( szUserId ) ) )  )     {         new szName[32];         get_user_name( iPlayer, szName, charsmax( szName ) );         client_print( id, print_chat, "You have chosen #%s %s %s", szUserId, szPlayerName, szName );     }     else     {         client_print( id, print_chat, "Player %s<%s> seems to be disconnected", szPlayerName, szAuthid );     }     menu_destroy( iMenu );     return PLUGIN_HANDLED; }

Basic Vote Menu [top]
Code:
#include <amxmodx>  //This will hold the VoteMenu  new gVoteMenu;  //This will hold the votes for each option  new gVotes[2];  //This determines if a vote is already happening  new gVoting;  public plugin_init()  {     //Register a way to get to your vote...     register_clcmd( "start_vote","StartVote" );  }  public StartVote( id )  {     //If there is already a vote, don't start another     if ( gVoting )     {         client_print( id, print_chat, "There is already a vote going." );         //We return PLUGIN_HANDLED so the person does not get Unknown Command in console         return PLUGIN_HANDLED;     }     //Reset vote counts from any previous votes     gVotes[0] = gVotes[1] = 0;     //Note that if you have more than 2 options, it would be better to use the line below:     //arrayset( gVotes, 0, sizeof gVotes );     //Store the menu in the global     gVoteMenu = menu_create( "\rLook at this Vote Menu!:", "menu_handler" );     //Add some vote options     menu_additem( gVoteMenu, "Vote Option 1", "", 0 );     menu_additem( gVoteMenu, "Vote Option 2", "", 0 );     //We will need to create some variables so we can loop through all the players     new players[32], pnum, tempid;     //Fill players with available players     get_players( players, pnum );     //Start looping through all players to show the vote to     for ( new i; i < pnum; i++ )     {         //Save a tempid so we do not re-index         tempid = players[i];         //Show the vote to this player         menu_display( tempid, gVoteMenu, 0 );         //Increase how many players are voting         gVoting++;     }     //End the vote in 10 seconds     set_task(10.0, "EndVote" );     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }  public menu_handler( id, menu, item )  {     //If the menu was exited or if there is not a vote     if ( item == MENU_EXIT || !gVoting )     {         //Note were not destroying the menu         return PLUGIN_HANDLED;     }     //Increase the votes for what they selected     gVotes[ item ]++;     //Note were not destroying the menu     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }  public EndVote()  {     //If the first option recieved the most votes     if ( gVotes[0] > gVotes[1] )         client_print(0, print_chat, "First option recieved most votes (%d )", gVotes[0] );     //Else if the second option recieved the most votes     else if ( gVotes[0] < gVotes[1] )         client_print(0, print_chat, "Second option recieved most votes (%d )", gVotes[1] );     //Otherwise the vote tied     else         client_print(0, print_chat, "The vote tied at %d votes each.", gVotes[0] );     //Don't forget to destroy the menu now that we are completely done with it     menu_destroy( gVoteMenu );     //Reset that no players are voting     gVoting = 0;  }

Sub-Menu [top]
Code:
#include <amxmodx>  public plugin_init()  {     register_clcmd( "my_awesome_menu","AwesomeMenu" );  }  public AwesomeMenu( id )  {     new menu = menu_create( "\rLook at this awesome Menu!:", "menu_handler" )     menu_additem( menu, "\wI'm Selection #1", "", 0 );     menu_additem( menu, "\wGo to SubMenu", "", 0 );     menu_display( id, menu, 0 );  }  public menu_handler( id, menu, item )  {     switch( item )     {         case 0:         {             client_print( id, print_chat, "Hooray! You selected the Awesome 1st Selection" );         }         case 1:         {             //Send them to the submenu             SubMenu( id );         }         case MENU_EXIT:         {             //Do nothing?         }     }     menu_destroy( menu );     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }  SubMenu( id )  {     //Note that we will be using a different menu handler     new menu = menu_create( "\rLook at this awesome Sub-Menu!:", "submenu_handler" )     menu_additem( menu, "\wI'm Sub-Selection #1", "", 0 );     menu_additem( menu, "\wI'm Sub-Selection #2", "", 0 );     menu_display( id, menu, 0 );  }  public submenu_handler( id, menu, item )  {     switch( item )     {         case 0:         {             client_print( id, print_chat, "Hooray! You selected the Awesome 1st Sub-Selection" );         }         case 1:         {             client_print( id, print_chat, "OH NO! You selected the Awesome 2nd Sub-Selection! BEWARE!" );         }         case MENU_EXIT:         {             //If they are still connected             if ( is_user_connected( id ) )                 //Lets send them back to the top menu                 AwesomeMenu( id );         }     }     menu_destroy( menu );     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }

Advanced Vote Menu [top]
*Note - You should have an understanding of the Basic Menu and the Basic Vote Menu first.
Code:
#include <amxmisc>  #include <fun>  //How many different votes there will be in the menu  #define MAX_VOTEIDS 7  //How much "weight" a normal player's vote is worth  #define WEIGHT_PLAYER 1  //How much "weight" an admin's vote is worth  #define WEIGHT_ADMIN 2  new gVoteMenu;  new gVotes[MAX_VOTEIDS];  new gVoting;  //This will store the voteids  new gVoteID[MAX_VOTEIDS];  public plugin_init()  {     register_clcmd( "start_vote","StartVote" );  }  public StartVote( id )  {     if ( gVoting )     {         client_print( id, print_chat, "There is already a vote going." );         return PLUGIN_HANDLED;     }     //Reset vote counts from any previous votes     arrayset( gVotes, 0, sizeof gVotes );     gVoteMenu = menu_create( "\rWho should get 255 Health?", "menu_handler" );     //Here you can do whatever you want to add your voteids.     //We are going to use players for the example     new players[32], pnum, tempid;     get_players( players, pnum, "a" );     //Variable for if the player was added to the vote     new bool:player_added[33], voteid_count;     new szName[32], szVoteId[10];     //Loop through until we get enough voteids or run out of players     while( voteid_count < MAX_VOTEIDS && voteid_count < pnum )     {         //Get a random player         tempid = players[ random( pnum ) ];         //If they haven't been added yet         if ( !player_added[tempid] )         {             get_user_name( tempid, szName, charsmax( szName ) );             //We are setting the data to the voteid number             num_to_str( voteid_count, szVoteId, charsmax( szVoteId ) );             menu_additem( gVoteMenu, szName, szVoteId, 0 );             //Make sure we do not add them again             player_added[tempid] = true;             //Save the voteid as the user id for the player             gVoteID[voteid_count] = get_user_userid( tempid );             //Go to the next voteid             voteid_count++;         }     }     //Now we have all the voteids     for ( new i; i < pnum; i++ )     {         //Save a tempid so we do not re-index         tempid = players[i];         //Show the vote to this player         menu_display( tempid, gVoteMenu, 0 );         //Increase how many players are voting by their weight         if ( is_user_admin( tempid ) )             gVoting += WEIGHT_ADMIN;         else             gVoting += WEIGHT_PLAYER;     }     set_task(10.0, "EndVote" );     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }  public menu_handler( id, menu, item )  {     //If the menu was exited or if there is not a vote     if ( item == MENU_EXIT || !gVoting )     {         return PLUGIN_HANDLED;     }     new szData[6], szName[64];     new item_access, item_callback;     menu_item_getinfo( menu, item, item_access, szData,charsmax( szData ), szName,charsmax( szName ), item_callback );     //Get the voteid number that was selected     new voteid_num = str_to_num( szData );     //Increase the votes for what they selected by weight     if ( is_user_admin( id ) )         gVotes[voteid_num] += WEIGHT_ADMIN;     else         gVotes[voteid_num] += WEIGHT_PLAYER;     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }  public EndVote()  {     //This will hold how many different votes were selected     new votes_select;     //This will hold the top 3 votes     new votes[3];     //This will hold the top 3 selected voteids     new voteid[3];     new i, j;     //Loop through all the voteids     for ( i=0; i<MAX_VOTEIDS; i++ )     {         //If the voteid recieved any votes         if ( gVotes[i] )         {             //If we are still trying to get the top 3             if ( votes_select < 3 )             {                 //Save the data for the current voteid selected                 votes[votes_select] = gVotes[i];                 voteid[votes_select] = i;                 //Go to the next voteid that might have been selected                 votes_select++;             }             else             {                 //Loop through all the top votes, replace any that are lower than the selected voteid                 for ( j=0; j<3; j++ )                 {                     //If this one recieved less votes                     if ( votes[j] < gVotes[i] )                     {                         //Change the data to the voteid with more votes                         votes[j] = gVotes[i];                         voteid[j] = i;                         //Don't need to bother looking for more                         break;                     }                 }             }         }     }     //If noone voted     if ( !votes_select )     {         client_print(0, print_chat, "CRICKEY! No one voted!" );     }     //Else if one voteid recieved all the votes     else if ( votes_select == 1 )     {         //Get the player id from the voteid         new player = find_player( "k", voteid[0]);         VoteGiveHealth( player );     }     //Else if two different voteids recieved all the votes     else if ( votes_select == 2 )     {         //If they recieved even votes         if ( votes[0] == votes[1] )         {             //Give it to a random one             client_print(0, print_chat, "Vote has tied. Choosing random from tied votes." );             new player = find_player( "k", voteid[ random(2 ) ] );             VoteGiveHealth( player );         }         //Else if the first recieved the most         else if ( votes[0] > votes[1] )         {             //Give it to the first             new player = find_player( "k", voteid[ 0 ] );             VoteGiveHealth( player );         }         //Else the second recieved the most         else         {             //Give it to the second             new player = find_player( "k", voteid[ 1 ] );             VoteGiveHealth( player );         }     }     //Else there were at least 3 different votes     else     {         //Here you might want to do run-off voting, but well just select a random one         new player = find_player( "k", voteid[ random( MAX_VOTEIDS ) ] );         client_print(0, print_chat, "Could not determine a winner. Selecting random." );         VoteGiveHealth( player );     }     menu_destroy( gVoteMenu );     gVoting = 0;  }  VoteGiveHealth( id )  {     if ( is_user_alive( id ) )     {         set_user_health( id, 255 );         new szName[32];         get_user_name( id, szName, charsmax( szName ) );         client_print(0, print_chat, "Look that Kangaroo %s has 255 Health!", szName );     }  }

Multiple Menus with 1 Handler [top]
*Note - You should have a good understanding of the Sub Menu first.
Code:
#include <amxmodx>  public plugin_init()  {     register_clcmd( "my_awesome_menu","AwesomeMenu" );  }  public AwesomeMenu( id )  {     new menu = menu_create( "\rLook at this awesome Menu!:", "menu_handler" )     //Note that our data is 'm' to know it is from the main menu     menu_additem( menu, "\wI'm Selection #1", "m", 0 );     menu_additem( menu, "\wGo to SubMenu", "m", 0 );     menu_display( id, menu, 0 );  }  SubMenu( id )  {     new menu = menu_create( "\rLook at this awesome Sub-Menu!:", "menu_handler" )     //Note that our data is 's' to know it is from the sub menu     menu_additem( menu, "\wI'm Sub-Selection #1", "s", 0 );     menu_additem( menu, "\wI'm Sub-Selection #2", "s", 0 );     menu_display( id, menu, 0 );  }  public menu_handler( id, menu, item )  {     if ( item == MENU_EXIT )     {         menu_destroy( menu );         return PLUGIN_HANDLED;     }     new szData[6], szName[64];     new item_access, item_callback;     menu_item_getinfo( menu, item, item_access, szData,charsmax( szData ), szName,charsmax( szName ), item_callback );     //Switch based on the first character of the data ( the 'm' or the 's')     switch( szData[0] )     {         //All our main menu data will be handled in this case         case 'm':         {             switch( item )             {                 case 0:                 {                     client_print( id, print_chat, "Hooray! You selected the Awesome 1st Selection" );                 }                 case 1:                 {                     SubMenu( id );                 }             }         }         //All our sub menu data will be handled in this case         case 's':         {             switch( item )             {                 case 0:                 {                     client_print( id, print_chat, "Hooray! You selected the Awesome 1st Sub-Selection" );                 }                 case 1:                 {                     client_print( id, print_chat, "OH NO! You selected the Awesome 2nd Sub-Selection! BEWARE!" );                 }             }             //Note that this is still only for our sub menu             AwesomeMenu( id );         }     }     menu_destroy( menu );     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }

Menu Items with Callbacks [top]
*Note - You should have a good understanding of the Player Menu first.
*Additional Note - This example uses a respawn function specific for Counter-Strike
Code:
#include <amxmodx>  #include <hamsandwich>  //Create a global variable to hold our callback  new g_MenuCallback;  public plugin_init()  {     register_clcmd( "my_player_menu","RespawnMenu" );     //Create our callback and save it to our variable     g_MenuCallback = menu_makecallback( "menuitem_callback" );     //The first parameter is the public function to be called when a menu item is being shown.  }  public RespawnMenu( id )  {     new menu = menu_create( "\rRevive Player Menu!:", "menu_handler" );     new players[32], pnum, tempid;     new szName[32], szUserId[10];     get_players( players, pnum );     for ( new i; i < pnum; i++ )     {         tempid = players[i];         get_user_name( tempid, szName, charsmax( szName ) );         formatex( szUserId, charsmax( szUserId ), "%d", get_user_userid( tempid ) );         //Add the item for this player with the callback         menu_additem( menu, szName, szUserId, 0, g_MenuCallback );         //Note that the last parameter that we usually omit is now filled with the callback variable     }     menu_display( id, menu, 0 );  }  //This is our callback function. Return ITEM_ENABLED, ITEM_DISABLED, or ITEM_IGNORE.  public menuitem_callback( id, menu, item )  {     //Create some variables to hold information about the menu item     new szData[6], szName[64];     new item_access, item_callback;     //Get information about the menu item     menu_item_getinfo( menu, item, item_access, szData,charsmax( szData ), szName,charsmax( szName ), item_callback );     //Note - item_callback should be equal to g_MenuCallback     //Get which player the item is for     new userid = str_to_num( szData );     new player = find_player( "k", userid ); // flag "k" : find player from userid     //If the user is alive, we want to disable reviving them     if ( is_user_alive( tempid ) )     {         return ITEM_DISABLED;     }     //Otherwise we can just ignore the return value     return ITEM_IGNORE;     //Note that returning ITEM_ENABLED will override the admin flag check from menu_additem  }  public menu_handler( id, menu, item )  {     if ( item == MENU_EXIT )     {         menu_destroy( menu );         return PLUGIN_HANDLED;     }     new szData[6], szName[64];     new item_access, item_callback;     menu_item_getinfo( menu, item, item_access, szData,charsmax( szData ), szName,charsmax( szName ), item_callback );     //Get the id of the player that was selected     new userid = str_to_num( szData );     new player = find_player( "k", userid ); // flag "k" : find player from userid     //If the player is not alive     //Note - you should check this again in the handler function because the player could have been revived after the menu was shown     if ( !is_user_alive( player ) )     {         //Respawn them         ExecuteHamB( Ham_CS_RoundRespawn, player );     }     menu_destroy( menu );     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }

newmenus.inc [top]
Code:
//The following defines are to be used with the native menu_setprop #define MPROP_PERPAGE   1    /* Number of items per page ( param1 = number, 0=no paginating, 7=default ) */ #define MPROP_BACKNAME  2  /* Name of the back button ( param1 = string ) */ #define MPROP_NEXTNAME  3  /* Name of the next button ( param1 = string ) */ #define MPROP_EXITNAME  4  /* Name of the exit button ( param1 = string ) */ #define MPROP_TITLE  5        /* Menu title text ( param1 = string ) */ #define MPROP_EXIT    6  /* Exit functionality ( param1 = number, see MEXIT constants ) */ #define MPROP_NOCOLORS  8  /* Sets whether colors are not auto ( param1 = number, 0=default ) */ #define MPROP_NUMBER_COLOR  10    /* Color indicator to use for numbers ( param1 = string, "\r"=default ) */ //These two defines are to be used when changing a menu's MPROP_EXIT value #define MEXIT_ALL      1    /* Menu will have an exit option ( default )*/ #define MEXIT_NEVER  -1      /* Menu will not have an exit option */ //For more details about the following natives, check your actual newmenus.inc native menu_create( const title[], const handler[], ml=0 ); native menu_makecallback( const function[]); native menu_additem( menu, const name[], const info[]="", paccess=0, callback=-1 ); native menu_pages( menu ); native menu_items( menu ); native menu_display( id, menu, page=0 ); native menu_find_id( menu, page, key ); native menu_item_getinfo( menu, item, &access, info[], infolen, name[]="", namelen=0, &callback ); native menu_item_setname( menu, item, const name[]); native menu_item_setcmd( menu, item, const info[]); native menu_item_setcall( menu, item, callback=-1 ); native menu_destroy( menu ); native player_menu_info( id, &menu, &newmenu, &menupage=0 ); native menu_addblank( menu, slot=1 ); native menu_addtext( menu, const text[], slot=1 ); native menu_setprop( menu, prop, ...); native menu_cancel( player );

End Notes: [top]
  • Most of the menu_* natives will throw errors if they are passed an invalid menu. A menu is invalid if it is -1.
  • You can expand on these in many ways, like only have one menu_handler to handle more than 1 menu
  • If you are using a constant menu ( doesn't change at all ) you do not need to create and destroy it each time. It is better to save it as a global.
  • These examples are not completely optimized, but they are for beginners and so they are simplified.
  • List of Colors for menus: ( there are no other colors available )
    • White - \w
    • Yellow - \y
    • Red - \r
    • Grey/Disabled - \d
  • To align text to the right - \R
  • A menu will not show if it does not have any items.
  • Text and blanks can only be added after an item.
  • To hide a menu ( new or old style ) one can do:
    Code:
    show_menu( id, 0, "^n", 1 );
  • One can remove the Next, Back, and Exit buttons to show up to 10 items by using:
    Code:
    menu_setprop( menu, MPROP_PERPAGE, 0 );

Anyway, Adios.

Last edited by Arkshine; 01-22-2015 at 10:10. Reason: Fixed typo
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
k007
BANNED
Old 10-24-2006 , 19:10   Re: New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #2

nice
Send a message via MSN to k007
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 10-24-2006 , 20:40   Re: New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #3

Code:
    switch(key)     {         case 1:{             client_print(id, print_chat, "Hooray! You selected the Awesome 1st Selection")             //note that if we dont want to continue through the function, we can't just end with a return. We want to kill the menu first             menu_destroy(menu)             return PLUGIN_HANDLED         }         case 2:{             client_print(id, print_chat, "OH NO! You selected the Awesome 2nd Selection! BEWARE!")         }         case 3:{ //again i don't have experience with the admin limitations, so i don't know if you need to have a check before this (im assuming you don't though ^_^)             client_print(id, print_chat, "You have selected the Awesome Admin Selection! Hail Teh Bail!")             menu_destroy(menu)             return PLUGIN_HANDLED         }     }

Using two different styles now are we?
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 10-24-2006 , 20:58   Re: New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #4

The new menu system is very impractical for many many purposes. I think Bail only added it for CSDM, and since no menu items change in CSDM, the fact that the new system is terrible at dynamically adding and removing items make me think personally that this is true.

It's much more powerful than the old system, no doubt. But if you need to change items a lot, then it's just too hard (although still possible) compared to the old system.

This is a decent tutorial but I think saying "I'm bored so I wrote this" really looks bad, and also it is covered elsewhere with a full explanation, whereas here there is just basically a script with small comments.
BANNED
Old 10-24-2006 , 21:02   Re: New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #5

ok this way works i just made a small menu and it works but i want to know how could i show a value of a var, or a float on the menu_additem. basicly i want to display a cvar number beside it
Emp`
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-24-2006 , 21:20   Re: New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by k007 View Post
ok this way works i just made a small menu and it works but i want to know how could i show a value of a var, or a float on the menu_additem. basicly i want to display a cvar number beside it
format something then use that something
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 10-24-2006 , 21:32   Re: New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
This goes back to my dynamic rant. As far as I know, you have to delete that menu item each time you want to change the cvar value and then re-add it back.
BANNED
Old 10-24-2006 , 21:36   Re: New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp` View Post
format something then use that something
show me an example
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 10-24-2006 , 21:39   Re: New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
show me an example
It's great how I've been totally ignored twice. No matter, I think you'll see quickly that the old menu system is generally more useful.
BANNED
Old 10-24-2006 , 21:42   Re: New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #10

hawk i saw your post and i understand but im asking this guy who thinks hes the smart ass, and he thinks he could do it and u think u need to delet the item everytime u change the cvar..i want see if he could prove u wrong!