1% 

Notepad++ Syntax Highlighting for AMXX 1.8.3 + ReAPI

Post New Thread Reply   

OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2017 , 14:24   Notepad++ Syntax Highlighting for AMXX 1.8.3 + ReAPI
Reply With Quote #1

☄ Description
  • This is a language file for Notepad++ which will make your scripting experience stylish and colorful. It's a collection of all functions, forwards, natives, constants, etc found in the .inc files of AMXX's last dev build up to this date, including all of its games. It also includes the keywords from ReAPI. I added all the keywords in a separate folder, so you can use them anywhere.

☄ Installation
  • Download the file.
  • Open up Notepad++.
  • Go to Language => Define your language.
  • Click on Import and select the file AMXX 1.8.3.xml.
  • The language is now installed and you can select it by opening the Language menu and selecting AMXX 1.8.3.
  • All .sma and .inc files will automatically use this language by default.

☄ Next updates
  • Since there are new dev builds almost every day, I won't release a new update (probably) until AMXX 1.8.3 is officially released.

☄ Download

Last edited by OciXCrom; 05-17-2017 at 13:26.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2017 , 16:28   Re: Notepad++ Syntax Highlighting for AMXX 1.8.3 + ReAPI
Reply With Quote #2

So, to be clear, this is not equivalent to the one which you linked because this is not a custom version of Notepad++, it is just syntax highlighting which uses the default syntax highlighting utilities provided by Notepad++. It would be equivalent to the thread that I created a while back for syntax highlighting.

The last time that I tried to do this, there was a limit on the number of keywords that could be used in the syntax highlighting so I was not able to get all of the keywords in there. Has that limit changed and/or is there a minimum version of Notepad++ required to use this?

Last edited by fysiks; 04-23-2017 at 16:30.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2017 , 18:31   Re: Notepad++ Syntax Highlighting for AMXX 1.8.3 + ReAPI
Reply With Quote #3

You're right, I removed the link. It's more like an improved version of your attempt. I managed to get every single piece of code using some mad Ctrl+F skills.

I came across that limit as well. I'm not sure if there's a limit for the keywords or there's a maximum line length, but I managed to make everything work fine by separating the constants in 3 different keyword sections. I searched for a while but I couldn't find a better solution.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 04-23-2017 at 18:40.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
KiLLeR.
Old 08-31-2017 , 12:34   Re: Notepad++ Syntax Highlighting for AMXX 1.8.3 + ReAPI
Reply With Quote #4

I found a bug. Look at this image: http://imgur.com/r8PlEpA
Probably you see for what i'm talking and no need to explain.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 09-01-2017 , 06:36   Re: Notepad++ Syntax Highlighting for AMXX 1.8.3 + ReAPI
Reply With Quote #5

Fixed.
Veteran Member
Old 03-31-2018 , 09:28   Re: Notepad++ Syntax Highlighting for AMXX 1.8.3 + ReAPI
Reply With Quote #6

• Updated to AMXX 1.8.3 dev5154 and ReAPI 150.
  • Added 418 constants, 108 functions and 48 tags.
Old 04-12-2018 , 09:39   Re: Notepad++ Syntax Highlighting for AMXX 1.8.3 + ReAPI
Reply With Quote #7

Can you make it to work with Black Board style setting?
I have used that with any kind of C language setting just to see through the code.

Btw: check your sig about the links

Last edited by RaZ_HU; 04-12-2018 at 09:40.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 04-12-2018 , 13:40   Re: Notepad++ Syntax Highlighting for AMXX 1.8.3 + ReAPI
Reply With Quote #8

Woah, I didn't realize that there's a white background set by default. I managed to remove it and reuploaded the file. However, there's no way for me to make the default text white instead of black when the Black Board style is enabled without having 2 separate languages defined. You will have to do this by yourself by going to Language => Define your language => Select AMXX 1.8.3 => Click the first styler button located in the top-left box and set the text color to white.

I fixed the links, no clue what happened to them.
Old 04-13-2018 , 05:25   Re: Notepad++ Syntax Highlighting for AMXX 1.8.3 + ReAPI
Reply With Quote #9

I see your point.

I have manually configured the style settings to fit now, so this may be an alternative if someone prefers dark background
Attached Files
File Type: zip AMXX 1.8.3_Black_Board.xml.zip (37.1 KB, 313 views)
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 04-13-2018 , 14:12   Re: Notepad++ Syntax Highlighting for AMXX 1.8.3 + ReAPI
Reply With Quote #10

Nevermind, I found out a way to do it. Just right click on the color box to disable the color completely. I reuploded the file.