Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Individual Weapon Models

Post New Thread Reply   

heliumdream
Old 06-15-2015 , 05:05   Re: Individual Weapon Models
Reply With Quote #51

wow so handy. this plugin was exactly what i was looking for.
only a few things were missing, so...

i have added p_model support!

i have also changed the format statement to make names more flexible and support directories.

note: for p_model support i probably could have parsed a third string entry inside the original .ini; but this was my first experience using external data. instead i have added a second .ini file.

i am most certain this will cause confusion so please pay close attention.

line by line entries must match weapons across the two .ini files.
if you have a v_model without a p_model, you will have to include a 'blank' entry inside the individualWeaponModelsPlayer.ini that matches the weapon on the same line in the original individualWeaponModels.ini
if you have a v_model and a p_model, the process is more straightforward.

please use the included .ini files as reference. - you will need to edit virtually ALL of the entries in these .ini files to match your desired gun files on your server.

note2:
i'm not positive but i think you need cvar 'weaponModels_default 1' to ensure the array indexes line up correctly.
i didn't pay particular attention to the code that supports shield models (or test it...shield were not my priority). but it should still work just fine.

bonus:
i have added support for the Superhero mod level system (or other level systems i imagine)
warning: it's hardcoded

there are three places with a comment //TODO - SH LEVELS
code in these places adds 'level' awareness to gun models - requiring players to achieve a certain level before unlocking access to the new gun model. comment the code back in if you are interested in using it. the level system is hardcoded; it has cvariables and pointers but you will need to add code to support additional heroes.

limited supported release. id be happy to help if you post here or pm.
Attached Files
File Type: zip individualWeaponModels_P.zip (4.0 KB, 269 views)
Old 06-21-2015 , 15:28   Re: Individual Weapon Models
Reply With Quote #52

can you make models more personalized ? with mysql, steamid or specific access flags for exatly that plugin like config file where have list like m4a1 m4a1_silver steamid? , want make something global offensive mod for cs 1.6 server. with some plugins like presents or bank system in cs can make that player can buy skin or pick up in game.

Last edited by myk-; 06-21-2015 at 15:37.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 06-22-2015 , 05:25   Re: Individual Weapon Models
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk- View Post
can you make models more personalized ? with mysql, steamid or specific access flags for exatly that plugin like config file where have list like m4a1 m4a1_silver steamid? , want make something global offensive mod for cs 1.6 server. with some plugins like presents or bank system in cs can make that player can buy skin or pick up in game.
Not sure to fully understand, but if you want to be able to set weapon models / steamid you can use this.
Old 06-22-2015 , 13:52   Re: Individual Weapon Models
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk- View Post
if i understand what you are asking, it would reasonably easy to achieve with just a few code changes. i have no incentive to code it myself, but here is loosely how you would accomplish your goal.

currently my version of IVM reads data from its two .ini files - this could be any method of database that amxx is configured to work with - vault(?), mysql, etc.

you will essentially need to familiarize yourself with the various calls and format statements and get the script working with mysql.

once you can comfortably retrieve and save data from your mysql database, you can outline and develop your 'banking' system. your banking system will more or less use the same checks that my superhero level system uses - it uses a value or flag to see if you have access to the skin or not.

if a player needs to save up 160,000$ to unlock a skin, create a command similar to 'buyxp' which will dump their current cash amount into a field in your database, attached by key to their steam_id.

after 10 rounds of 16k 'buyxp' commands, the user would have spent 160,000$ and you can either assign that person a flag, or just use the $ amount itself as a comparator.

-

i was considering adding some mysql support myself; to remember player choices between rounds, so you dont have to reset your models on mapchanges. ill be sure to post if i ever do.

Last edited by heliumdream; 06-22-2015 at 13:52.
AyseoN
Old 06-30-2015 , 11:07   Re: Individual Weapon Models
Reply With Quote #55

Nice
swarmachine
Old 01-16-2018 , 13:11   Re: Individual Weapon Models
Reply With Quote #56

it has related with csdm bug ? weapon skin does not appear then select from csdm weapon menu , apears then quicly rechange weapons.