Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

ATTENTION: You might want to ban these two server adminright hackers from your server

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

cs1.6
Old 05-02-2008 , 22:00   Re: ATTENTION: You might want to ban these two server adminright hackers from your se

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoboman View Post
so what makes you think that they didn't just hack your rcon?

didn't we already go over this in here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=67273

because..they gave themselves godmode..guns..noclips. uaio features. if u use it, u know wat i mean.

I do that allways give plyers guns and so on thru uaio

AND u see them talking about the uaio_menu cmnd!!!

+ error mssg by the plugin.. and and and

it's really all clear.

really..everything is there in what i posted..just read it carefully and you will not doubt or say it was not uaio.

read their chats carefully
Emp`
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 05-02-2008 , 22:08   Re: ATTENTION: You might want to ban these two server adminright hackers from your se

are you running the uaio_manager plugin?
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
cs1.6
Old 05-02-2008 , 22:23   Re: ATTENTION: You might want to ban these two server adminright hackers from your se

yes man,

both of the uaio plugins of course.

I was one of the first ppl who got into uaio..back then when it had no own subforum. It's a great plugin. One of the best. I can't after all those years imagine to run my server without it. Hopefully this problem gets sorted out.

As i said to sawce on irc, it might have been a silly trick with STEAM_ID_PENDING. This is given full admin by default in the distributed package. I recall them rejoining a couple of times..maybe to get id pending / full admin. Dont know if that works though..it's just a theory. What speaks against it, is though that they were able to change my uaio_admins.ini. I do not know the command for that. Is that possible to change the file when you are admin?

A less threating scenario would be:

They use a prog or something and rejoining the server till the get STEAM_ID_PENDING. Then would have full uaio admin. But after that they must have given in a command that changed the admins.ini. Please check my post with respective post to see the modified file. So is it possible to edit the uaio_admins.ini file via a command from the admin client? They erased my steam id and put default as full admin ..as you can see.
aligind4h0us3
Old 05-02-2008 , 22:31   Re: ATTENTION: You might want to ban these two server adminright hackers from your se

The resolution = Don't use UAIO.
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 05-02-2008 , 22:32   Re: ATTENTION: You might want to ban these two server adminright hackers from your se

just to settle this, do you have a download url? if you do, do you have a server.cfg in it? if you do, does it have your rcon password in it? if it does, then they got your rcon password from it, used rcon to add themselves to amxx admin, then used the uaio_manager to give themselves uaio access.
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
cs1.6
Old 05-02-2008 , 22:38   Re: ATTENTION: You might want to ban these two server adminright hackers from your se

no, but thanks for the suggestion
Exolent[jNr]
Veteran Member
Old 05-02-2008 , 22:49   Re: ATTENTION: You might want to ban these two server adminright hackers from your se

Just wondering: Why would you have the server.cfg in fast download? I don't see why the client would need that O_o.
I love you exolent!
Dr. Jan Itor
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2008 , 03:42   Re: ATTENTION: You might want to ban these two server adminright hackers from your se

they can use godmode if they have rcon just rcon uaio_godmode
they can do any command on server with rcon --
Old 05-03-2008 , 07:11   Re: ATTENTION: You might want to ban these two server adminright hackers from your se

i am very sure rcon has nothing to do with this issue.

it is just a cheap trick via uiao. i am very sure.

plus any rcon command / activity is shown big time in the server console. No matter what you do.

they are no gods, just some kids who went an allready predefined / paved way.

its like everyone using cheats but who has programmed it? not them.

it's just a cheap trick. but it is very well possibe.
Dr. Jan Itor
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2008 , 07:18   Re: ATTENTION: You might want to ban these two server adminright hackers from your se

not if u shut rcon log thing off which i think is possible well maybe u can still see some but u can shutdown logdetail and that shit